MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class Coupe (C204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c204-156/)
-   -   C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c204/436096-c250-coupe-tune-available-burger-motorsports.html)

Igor1080 02-21-2012 11:33 PM

C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?

http://burgertuning.com/mercedes_ben...lus_tuner.html

It looks like theres a tune available for the C250 now from Burger-motorsports the same people who make the JB3 for e92 BMW's. I'm curious if anyone has seen or hear about the results? I've searched and can't really find any feedback as to whether this works or not...

I've contacted Terry directly to see if this tune will work for the coupes. It seems they have 5 beta testers and I wonder if any of them are coupe drivers? I'll let you guys know as soon as he e-mails me back. :y

Igor1080 02-22-2012 12:08 AM

"Yes it's compatible and in public testing now with several customers.
Working great. Feel free to order when you're ready to have some fun.
We'll be releasing our C250 intake shortly too! - Terry"

Yep it looks like they're available for the coupe. Who wants to be the brave soul to do this first?

slktyperice 02-22-2012 03:09 AM

I'm going to order on Friday. =) $279 down the drain....

dave405nyc 02-22-2012 03:46 PM

I am a beta tester, and I am pleased so far. It is exactly as described, peak HP is not too high, but the torque is what you can really feel in spirited driving. I have about 1,000 miles with the jb+ and no issues so far.

Igor1080 02-22-2012 03:59 PM

Was it difficult/tricky to install? Do you feel the increase in power right away? Does it increase throttle response?

slktyperice 02-22-2012 04:15 PM

This is a stupid question but how much of a hit does your MPG take (given the same spirited driving vs commute?). I'm sure we're all going to hit the gas harder during spirited driving, but if trying for max mpg during a commute, would you say it's 1-2mpg or more like 3-4 mpg?

nlpamg 02-22-2012 04:28 PM

very nice!

slktyperice 02-22-2012 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Igor1080 (Post 5066520)
"Yes it's compatible and in public testing now with several customers.
Working great. Feel free to order when you're ready to have some fun.
We'll be releasing our C250 intake shortly too! - Terry"

Yep it looks like they're available for the coupe. Who wants to be the brave soul to do this first?

Will the JB+ need to be re-flashed once the Intake comes out to work with it because of possibly different AF ratios?

Igor1080 02-22-2012 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by slktyperice (Post 5067671)
Will the JB+ need to be re-flashed once the Intake comes out to work with it because of possibly different AF ratios?

"Yes, the JB+ has an update chip for various software programs. When we release a new wastegate, for example, it will come with a matching software update. - Terry"

dave405nyc 02-22-2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Igor1080 (Post 5067580)
Was it difficult/tricky to install? Do you feel the increase in power right away? Does it increase throttle response?

The first time I did it, it took me about 10 minutes. I was triple checking every connection. If I had to do it again, it would probably take me less than 5 minutes. All you need is a small wrench to attach the ground wire.

As for throttle response, it feels about the same when driving it normally. But when you step on it a little harder than usual, you can definitely feel the torque push you back to your seat.

Hzkasbarian 02-22-2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by slktyperice (Post 5066670)
I'm going to order on Friday. =) $279 down the drain....

Im following you in that same drain :y... and i cannot waittt for the intakes as well. its like the first intake that is actually meant for the car lol

Hzkasbarian 02-22-2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Igor1080 (Post 5067724)
"Yes, the JB+ has an update chip for various software programs. When we release a new wastegate, for example, it will come with a matching software update. - Terry"

so if i do buy it this friday the JB+, and later on buy the intake i would have to update the JB+ in order for it to work with the intake? if so how would i be able to do that?s

DameMD 02-22-2012 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by dave405nyc (Post 5067887)
The first time I did it, it took me about 10 minutes. I was triple checking every connection. If I had to do it again, it would probably take me less than 5 minutes. All you need is a small wrench to attach the ground wire.

As for throttle response, it feels about the same when driving it normally. But when you step on it a little harder than usual, you can definitely feel the torque push you back to your seat.

Dave - I have the tune as well, are you driving in "S" or "E"? I use "S" all the time and paddle-shift when I want to open the c250 up. Low-end and mid-range throws you back in your seat between 2000-5000. "E" still has a little lag however, once the lag is over the pull is nice.

If we gained this much with stage 1, I can't wait for stage 2 and above....

Hzkasbarian 02-22-2012 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by DameMD (Post 5068342)
Dave - I have the tune as well, are you driving in "S" or "E"? I use "S" all the time and paddle-shift when I want to open the c250 up. Low-end and mid-range throws you back in your seat between 2000-5000. "E" still has a little lag however, once the lag is over the pull is nice.

like everyone knows that when you shift with the peddles there is still a lag even in s mode. but curious if the lag is eliminated or if there is an improvement with the mod? and there will be the second stage to this?

DameMD 02-23-2012 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Hzkasbarian (Post 5068376)
like everyone knows that when you shift with the peddles there is still a lag even in s mode. but curious if the lag is eliminated or if there is an improvement with the mod? and there will be the second stage to this?

Wrong lag you are referring too. I am not talking about the lag with paddle shifting. I am referring to the lag when changing driving modes. Driving in "E" (Economy) there's a serious lag before the tune. When driving in "S" (Sport) the lag is minimal if best. With the tune, there is a lot less lag in "E" and in "S" mode there is really not much lag at all.

I used to own a manual so I know first hand that paddle shifters have lag lol smh.

oh and yes there is a stage two. It will be hardware upgrades like wastegate and Intake. I can't wait.

dave405nyc 02-23-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by DameMD (Post 5068342)

I've made it a habit to put it into S mode everytime I start the car up. Did you increase the dial to 100%, or are you using the stock 60% setting?

Igor1080 02-23-2012 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by dave405nyc (Post 5069329)
I've made it a habit to put it into S mode everytime I start the car up. Did you increase the dial to 100%, or are you using the stock 60% setting?

Wait what? Theres a setting selector on this thing????

dave405nyc 02-23-2012 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Igor1080 (Post 5069367)
Wait what? Theres a setting selector on this thing????

Yes, there's a setting selector when you open the little black box up. Go to the JB+ or JBD page for the BMWs on the burger tuning website, you will see a little blue dial.

mklimis 02-23-2012 05:50 PM

Any videos of the JB in action? :naughty:

DameMD 02-23-2012 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by dave405nyc (Post 5069329)

LMAO really? Wow learn something new everyday...Terry did state that there is a way to get more power, I didn't reply since I am satisfied with what the JB+ is doing now. If there is more power to be gained then I am going to run to my car now and turn up the settings lol. No but really, are you running at 100%? What are the pros and cons if turn it up. You can PM if you don't want to say it out to the forums. Thanks :y

slktyperice 02-23-2012 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by DameMD (Post 5069806)
LMAO really? Wow learn something new everyday...Terry did state that there is a way to get more power, I didn't reply since I am satisfied with what the JB+ is doing now. If there is more power to be gained then I am going to run to my car now and turn up the settings lol. No but really, are you running at 100%? What are the pros and cons if turn it up. You can PM if you don't want to say it out to the forums. Thanks :y

Even more excited. For those of us who don't care about hitting the limits of the car because we're leasing. =) Yes, what do we get at 60% and we do we get at 100%?

DameMD 02-23-2012 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by slktyperice (Post 5069835)
Even more excited. For those of us who don't care about hitting the limits of the car because we're leasing. =) Yes, what do we get at 60% and we do we get at 100%?

I don't know how much improvement there is but, you have to imagine that this car is totally different without touching the dial to turn up the settings at 60%. If we can turn up the dial to get more performance then I am really excited. I will contact BMS to see just how much more power can be added at 100%.

I really need to take a video of my speedometer to show you guys that are not tuned, how much more added power is at low-mid range. Maybe this weekend I can make a vid.

mklimis 02-23-2012 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by DameMD (Post 5069843)

I really need to take a video of my speedometer to show you guys that are not tuned, how much more added power is at low-mid range. Maybe this weekend I can make a vid.

Yes please!! And if possible to runs from 0-60, etc

bhvrdr 02-24-2012 12:20 AM

Greetings. I tested it and here is from my post on the sedan section.

I noticed the C250 JB+ tune is now available on the burgertuning website so I will now post on my impressions. I have had the unit for approximately one month but have not written about it in order to give an ample trial period.

INSTALLATION and PACKAGING:

The unit is a piggyback module that comes ready to plug in. It is easy to connect. It takes approximately 5 minutes. The overall quality of the packaging of the product (wire insulators, solder, connectors) is very good. My only gripe would be that one connector mates to another without a true socketed connection but rather relies upon the pins from the factory connector to act as the fulcrum and connection rather than an OEM fit that would allow a secure male to female socketing. That being said, I did not experience any damaged pins throughout this relatively short period of time I have had it.

1/4 MILE DATA:
I first connected the JB+ and noted it comes OEM dialed in at the 50% setting. I experimented up to the 75% level at first and took it to the 1/4 mile track at Palm Beach International Speedway. I had run the JB+ for approximately 300 miles. With the unit dialed in at 75% settings I ran a 15.60 at 88.9mph. I then disconnected the unit, drove the car a bit, came back and ran the car bone stock. Bone stock the car ran 15.49 at 89.92mph. The results are technically a statistical wash. There was no improvement nor decline in 1/4 mile performance.

CITY DRIVING DATA:
Around town under moderate and mild mannered driving conditions there is considerable more torque in the lower rev band (until 4500rpm or so). I say under mild mannered conditions because any prodding of our throttle past 1/2 throttle or so will create a downshift and you'll be up over 4500rpm and out of the powerband of where this unit is adding torque. You can absolutely feel the torque when giving a light touch to the throttle for passing and acceleration from cruising speed. This low end torque increase is mirrored by the dyno logs posted by Terry. For the majority of folks who do not spend much time at redline this will be a terrific mod and it does add noticeable torque.

SUMMARY:
For the great majority of C250 drivers this will be a great mod. For the price of $279 it is a real no brainer. Unlike the sprint booster (no comments on this please) this mod really does add torque and for the price, there is nothing out there like it. For the person who is wanting added power for a lap day or for quarter mile runs, you'll probably want to wait for a tune and hardware package that can address the upper rev band where you will use that power. I suspect this is a great minority of drivers however. Top end is important to me though so i'll probably take the next step and look for a solution that addresses top end. I do actually take the car to redline several times each time I drive it. I do hit the sport shifting button 100% of the time as part of my startup ritual and my average mpg display shows 17mpg. If your average mpg display shows over 20mpg, this mod is probably for you. I'm glad it's out there and i'm still pleased with the purchase. I cant wait for more. Additionally, I found Mr. Terry Burger very easy to purchase from and to be very easy to communicate with and would absolutely do business with him again.

cheers! mike

joshknot 02-24-2012 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by bhvrdr (Post 5070393)
Greetings. I tested it and here is from my post on the sedan section.

I noticed the C250 JB+ tune is now available on the burgertuning website so I will now post on my impressions. I have had the unit for approximately one month but have not written about it in order to give an ample trial period.

INSTALLATION and PACKAGING:

The unit is a piggyback module that comes ready to plug in. It is easy to connect. It takes approximately 5 minutes. The overall quality of the packaging of the product (wire insulators, solder, connectors) is very good. My only gripe would be that one connector mates to another without a true socketed connection but rather relies upon the pins from the factory connector to act as the fulcrum and connection rather than an OEM fit that would allow a secure male to female socketing. That being said, I did not experience any damaged pins throughout this relatively short period of time I have had it.

1/4 MILE DATA:
I first connected the JB+ and noted it comes OEM dialed in at the 50% setting. I experimented up to the 75% level at first and took it to the 1/4 mile track at Palm Beach International Speedway. I had run the JB+ for approximately 300 miles. With the unit dialed in at 75% settings I ran a 15.60 at 88.9mph. I then disconnected the unit, drove the car a bit, came back and ran the car bone stock. Bone stock the car ran 15.49 at 89.92mph. The results are technically a statistical wash. There was no improvement nor decline in 1/4 mile performance.

CITY DRIVING DATA:
Around town under moderate and mild mannered driving conditions there is considerable more torque in the lower rev band (until 4500rpm or so). I say under mild mannered conditions because any prodding of our throttle past 1/2 throttle or so will create a downshift and you'll be up over 4500rpm and out of the powerband of where this unit is adding torque. You can absolutely feel the torque when giving a light touch to the throttle for passing and acceleration from cruising speed. This low end torque increase is mirrored by the dyno logs posted by Terry. For the majority of folks who do not spend much time at redline this will be a terrific mod and it does add noticeable torque.

SUMMARY:
For the great majority of C250 drivers this will be a great mod. For the price of $279 it is a real no brainer. Unlike the sprint booster (no comments on this please) this mod really does add torque and for the price, there is nothing out there like it. For the person who is wanting added power for a lap day or for quarter mile runs, you'll probably want to wait for a tune and hardware package that can address the upper rev band where you will use that power. I suspect this is a great minority of drivers however. Top end is important to me though so i'll probably take the next step and look for a solution that addresses top end. I do actually take the car to redline several times each time I drive it. I do hit the sport shifting button 100% of the time as part of my startup ritual and my average mph display shows 17mpg. If your average mpg display shows over 20mpg, this mod is probably for you. I'm glad it's out there and i'm still pleased with the purchase. I cant wait for more. Additionally, I found Mr. Terry Burger very easy to purchase from and to be very easy to communicate with and would absolutely do business with him again.

cheers! mike

Mike- thanks so much for the detailed write-up and impressions; this is exactly the type of valuable input that's been missing from these threads on the coupe side of the boards thus far. As for where I land on the top-end vs. low-end debate...still to be determined- but you've given us a meaningful point of reference.