MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class Coupe (C204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c204-156/)
-   -   Transmission Update (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c204/457344-transmission-update.html)

tiagomiguel 07-25-2012 02:26 PM

Transmission Update

Does any one know if there's any software update available for the old coupes that don't have the new AMG sport plus. I was interested in the ne feature in the transmission (with downshift rev-matching).

accce 07-25-2012 09:52 PM

+1

Peio79 07-26-2012 04:57 AM

+1!!!!!!

jctevere 07-26-2012 09:30 PM

I doubt it, as the new software isn't standard on 2013 coupes, but rather, part of the sport package. As such, if definitely won't be a free TCU update. And I doubt that you can even twist your dealer's arm to apply that TCU update to your vehicle, even if you paid. It leaves me to believe there are internal revisions made to allow for downshift rev matching.

tiagomiguel 07-29-2012 04:58 PM

But my car came with AMG package plus the Dynamic Handling Package, has everything the new sports package has except the new software.

bdajeha 07-30-2012 03:37 AM

For someone who doesn't know, what does this update do for you?
What's "downshift rev-matching"?

AV1 07-30-2012 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by tiagomiguel (Post 5296644)
Does any one know if there's any software update available for the old coupes that don't have the new AMG sport plus. I was interested in the ne feature in the transmission (with downshift rev-matching).

+ 3

But as mentioned above I too believe it won't be possible to update.

AFAIK the transmission updates of the new sport plus package incorporate hardware specific changes/upgrades as well as software, if that is indeed the case you definitely won't be able to upgrade it.

AV1 07-30-2012 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by bdajeha (Post 5302046)
For someone who doesn't know, what does this update do for you?
What's "downshift rev-matching"?

When the auto drops a gear, it'll match the revs to that gear automatically.

Most cars fitted with DSG or double clutch transmissions have this feature, it's really cool as not only does it match the revs to the gear in place but usually also provides a throttle blip, a little like double clutching in a manual :)

AFAIK the only other 'normal' auto out there which has this is the new Nissan 370Z on its 7spd auto and on that car the manual also has a rev matching feature.

JP(Canada) 08-12-2012 08:05 PM

Somewhat related to this...

Hi,

Would anyone here happen to know if the transmission update applies to 4matics with the sport package? Or perhaps it's only available on RWD with paddle shifters?

Thanks!

JP

jkyriakou 08-18-2012 08:44 PM

Why do you need rev matching on a normal auto? Isn't that what a torque converter is for? It takes up
The difference in the driveshaft and crankshaft speeds.

On DSG autos or "clutch less" manuals I see the point as the transmission engages a clutch robotically or hydrolically

accce 08-18-2012 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by jkyriakou (Post 5325791)
Why do you need rev matching on a normal auto? Isn't that what a torque converter is for? It takes up
The difference in the driveshaft and crankshaft speeds.

On DSG autos or "clutch less" manuals I see the point as the transmission engages a clutch robotically or hydrolically

It sounds cool!:y:D