MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class Coupe (C204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c204-156/)
-   -   Picked up my 2013 C250! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c204/469590-picked-up-my-2013-c250.html)

BlackjackM 11-06-2012 07:15 PM

Picked up my 2013 C250!

It's beautiful, steel gray over ash/black. P1 package and COMAND, Burl wood and 18in AMG 5 spoke wheels. One of the best surprises is it has ambient lighting and puddle lights in the side view mirrors! Also footwell ambient lights and courtesy lights. I was very happy to see this after all the complaints of the '12s not coming with it. Hopefully this is a good sign for you guys that it can be retrofitted without too much work.

Coming from a '10 C300 it feels quicker off the line. I'm sure the cold weather has something to do with that as well.

AV1 11-06-2012 08:48 PM

Nice, Congrats :)

Jon@BMS 11-07-2012 06:50 PM

Congrats!

Taurian 11-07-2012 08:09 PM

Nice...post pics!

jctevere 11-08-2012 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by BlackjackM (Post 5422628)
It's beautiful, steel gray over ash/black. P1 package and COMAND, Burl wood and 18in AMG 5 spoke wheels. One of the best surprises is it has ambient lighting and puddle lights in the side view mirrors! Also footwell ambient lights and courtesy lights. I was very happy to see this after all the complaints of the '12s not coming with it. Hopefully this is a good sign for you guys that it can be retrofitted without too much work.

Coming from a '10 C300 it feels quicker off the line. I'm sure the cold weather has something to do with that as well.

Just to be sure... This is a Coupe model - right? If so, I wonder what packages now give you these ambient lights, etc?

BlackjackM 11-08-2012 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by jctevere (Post 5424515)
Just to be sure... This is a Coupe model - right? If so, I wonder what packages now give you these ambient lights, etc?

Correct, it's the US coupe. I have the P1 package and COMAND but if I had to guess, it's just standard on 2013s. Maybe another 2013 owner can confirm? It actually has more lighting than my C300 had:

Puddle lights in the side mirrors ('10 didn't have them)
Ambient lighting in the door PULLS ('10 didn't have this)
Ambient lighting in the interior door open handle
Ambient lighting shining from below the rear view mirror
Ambient lighting in the footwells

Further, at the bottom of the door is a real red light- I've read that in '12s it's a reflector. I also have footwell courtesy lighting when opening the door which I think is new for '13 coupes.

Can anyone else confirm?

AV1 11-08-2012 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by BlackjackM (Post 5424660)
Correct, it's the US coupe. I have the P1 package and COMAND but if I had to guess, it's just standard on 2013s. Maybe another 2013 owner can confirm? It actually has more lighting than my C300 had:

Further, at the bottom of the door is a real red light- I've read that in '12s it's a reflector. I also have footwell courtesy lighting when opening the door which I think is new for '13 coupes.

Can anyone else confirm?

You certainly get all of that for Aust. market C Class vehicles and it was always available not just recently introduced :)

I suppose it depends on individual Country destinations/markets as to whether or not these features are included, but it certainly it should be across the board, don't think it's got anything to do with MB more like the individual Country market specifications selection, can't see why they'd leave out the ambient lighting package option/s though :nix:

kkd79 11-13-2012 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by BlackjackM (Post 5424660)

Can anyone else confirm?

I have 2013 without P1 and I still have all that

mattc2 11-27-2012 01:49 PM

I test drove a 2012 C350 coupe and don't remember seeing it. Ordered a 2013 C350 coupe 4matic 3 months ago and I'm scheduled to pick it up this week! so excited. Can anyone confirm if the c coupe in Canada also have these lights? what color are they? I imagine yellow halogen bulbs?

ProjectCamaro 11-27-2012 02:07 PM

Congratulations, looking forward to seeing pictures of it.

mattc2 12-03-2012 11:28 PM

Just picked up mine, although it's a C350 4matic, it has NO ambient lighting and no puddle lights :( it's a canadian version though so maybe that's why. i have the premium package too