MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class Coupe (C204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c204-156/)
-   -   C Coupe in Jack Reacher (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c204/472246-c-coupe-jack-reacher.html)

JohnnyUte 11-29-2012 12:47 AM

C Coupe in Jack Reacher

I saw this on TV the other day and thought I'd share. It's pretty quick but it looks like a C Coupe. It's toward the end of the trailer when you see it, but it's pretty unmistakable.

AV1 11-29-2012 09:11 PM

Yep and a white one too :y

NauticaX 11-29-2012 10:23 PM

Now I must watch the movie! :y

JohnnyUte 11-29-2012 11:02 PM

Yeah, I guess I have to see it now, too.

Igor1080 11-30-2012 12:14 AM

Its a CDI which to me makes no sense unless they plan to release it in the US. Which they might in the coming months at one of the auto shows. Interesting.

NauticaX 11-30-2012 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Igor1080 (Post 5450324)
Its a CDI which to me makes no sense unless they plan to release it in the US. Which they might in the coming months at one of the auto shows. Interesting.

I noticed that too. And I think the tags are PA tags?

Igor1080 11-30-2012 12:18 AM

Yep PA plates, the movie might be set in Philly.

JohnnyUte 11-30-2012 12:20 AM

They must be planning to release a CDI stateside. This would certainly be a good way to do it and get some interest brewing.

Igor1080 11-30-2012 12:24 AM

If you notice the car in the movie has diffuser fins like the AMG models.

190Benz 11-30-2012 08:45 AM

The diffuser fins are just the on the cheap EU models, the ones without the sport bumpers. They also have chrome moldings on the front and rear bumper and on the side.

http://cdn.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte...12-625x416.jpg

jctevere 11-30-2012 03:45 PM

That's odd that the would use this model in an American movie that doesn't exist in the United States... Unless it wasn't actually filmed in the United States but they put the plates on to make it seem that way (probably cheaper to film elsewhere).

It looks like a "luxury" coupe. As it has chrome trim on the rear bumper as 190 Benz pointed out. Definitely different, not sure if I like it or not. Seems a bit oxymoronish as coupes are meant to be sporty and you make a "luxury" model...

AV1 12-02-2012 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Igor1080 (Post 5450324)

Originally Posted by jctevere (Post 5451024)
That's odd that the would use this model in an American movie that doesn't exist in the United States... Unless it wasn't actually filmed in the United States but they put the plates on to make it seem that way (probably cheaper to film elsewhere).

It looks like a "luxury" coupe. As it has chrome trim on the rear bumper as 190 Benz pointed out. Definitely different, not sure if I like it or not. Seems a bit oxymoronish as coupes are meant to be sporty and you make a "luxury" model...

I'd take a good guess and say it's not filmed in the U.S.

Tom Cruise has used Australia as a filming base for alot of his movies, this could be the case for this movie or possibly those scenes.

The chrome trimmings on the bumpers is standard OEM fit from MB when not fitted with the AMG kit, I think you people in the U.S don't have the standard MB OEM body kit your cars are simply fitted with the optional AMG body kit as standard, here in Australia you have the option of either package fitment along with every feature available for the C Coupe which can be incorporated into even a C180.

Either way speaking of the CDI it is a pity those variants are not available in some Countries, they would represent further choice in the buying equation and change the final outcome for alot of people.

Here in Australia the C250 CDI is the top seller for the C Coupe simply because of it's diesel powerplant and the benefits/advatages that come with it, pity MB does not make the entire C Class diesel line up for the Coupe variant, ie. there's only one diesel Coupe variant the C250 CDI would've loved if MB built a C350 CDI Coupe :)

190Benz 12-05-2012 09:52 AM

@jctevere: It is indeed the non sport version. The bumpers that are standard in the US are an option over here... I don't like the crome trim on the kit. And everytime i see a W204 with these bumpers, it has no xenon, no leather, no led drl's,... Looks cheap!

AV1 12-05-2012 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by 190Benz (Post 5456634)
@jctevere: It is indeed the non sport version. The bumpers that are standard in the US are an option over here... I don't like the crome trim on the kit. And everytime i see a W204 with these bumpers, it has no xenon, no leather, no led drl's,... Looks cheap!

It seems like different standard trim levels and features fitments from Country to Country.

Here in Australia as mentioned above the body kit is standard, but the standard trim also features leather interior and DRL's, the xenon intelligent headlights can be added to that standard trim in a package called the 'vision package' which also includes the panoramic roof and a host of other options packaged together :)

IMHO the standard OEM or non AMG body kit looks good, the diffusor is colour coded which looks nice with a gloss finish at least with subtle fins moulded in it which also looks good unlike the plainly finished off with no fins AMG diffusor (ie. non C63 variants) and the front bar has its lower mouth opening angles in the same direction as the lines on the rest of the front end which makes it look much neater than the reverse angled AMG front lower bar.

Despite that, I still chose the full AMG option package for mine because I wanted all the other AMG goodies it offered, otherwise I would've been happy with the standard OEM body kit :)

The Funk 12-15-2012 02:19 AM

Well i dont know about the Merc, but ive just seen a trailer for it where it looks like he is driving a 1972 Holden Monaro (the Red and Black 2 door tin top) which would make perfect sense if it was filmed in Australia.

I find watching some "American" based movies a little uncomfortable to watch at times, its a bit cringeworthy seeing a movie set in a random us city that just happens to have landmarks from, say, Melbourne in it.

The Funk 12-15-2012 02:21 AM

Never mind. Its a Chevelle SS. My bad.

AV1 12-16-2012 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Funk (Post 5470101)
Never mind. Its a Chevelle SS. My bad.

LOL a Monaro would've definitely given it away as being filmed here in Australia, it probably still is anyway or maybe parts of it done here in Aust. filming studios, all of his MI movies and parts of Days of Thunder were filmed here in Aust. :)

AV1 12-16-2012 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Funk (Post 5470099)
seeing a movie set in a random us city that just happens to have landmarks from, say, Melbourne in it.

LOL again, yes I live in Melbourne Aust. and I've seen that alot of times not with Tom Cruise movies but lots of other American movies :D have noticed parts of Sydney Aust. in the background of some of Tom's movies :)