Passenger's seat manual folding question

Old 09-10-2017, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 348 Likes on 213 Posts
15 S550 4Matic, 86 560SL
Passenger's seat manual folding question

Hi all,

For those of you with the manual passenger's seat - when you fold it forward to let a rear passenger forward, do you have to manually push the seat forward with some force? I don't recall if the car was always like this, but my wife has a hard time pushing the seat forwards to let herself or someone else into the back. Most other coupes I've been in have some sort of retraction device so that the seat slides forward easily and sometimes on its own.

Thanks,
Cyrus
Old 09-13-2017, 08:35 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
2005 Porsche 911, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 2012 Mercedes C300 4Matic
You do have to manually push it forward and it takes a little bit of effort. I have found that the lower the seat is (I have buttons on the side for up and down and the reclining part but not for the actual forward/backward, that is a traditional latch under the front of the seat) the harder it is to push the seat forward. Try raising the seat a bit to see if it makes a difference
Old 09-14-2017, 06:35 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Atlas Grey
You do have to manually push it forward?
My C250 Coupe R/H (passenger) seat has - upon moving setback forward - an electronic assist.

That being said, I am having difficulty understanding a problem here. I have a great dealer here in California's capital. I would hope you can have a smile - and perhaps a Crown Royal - or two after visiting your dealer - wherever the hell you are.

Cheers (and I mean it!!)

ez