Do you have 2017 C300 Coupe with heated/ventilated seats and BLACK ash/gloss trim???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 09:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2017 C300 Coupe
Do you have 2017 C300 Coupe with heated/ventilated seats and BLACK ash/gloss trim???

I'm looking for a part number to replace my red ash trim with black ash trim. My dealer ordered wrong one but I signed the order and didn't catch it. Now they're not being very helpful, basically they're telling my the way parts work is you have to punch in VIN# and that gives you correct part number, and they have no way of finding one that's different than what came with my car. Makes no sense but I'm done arguing with them.

So basically what I need is a VIN# of a car with the following options:
1. driver/passenger heated seats
2. driver/passenger ventilated seats
3. NO passanger memory seat option
4. BLACK ash trim or BLACK gloss trim

At this point the issue is passenger trim piece that goes around the speaker and seat control buttons. That trim for black ash is actually stainless steel, which is the same as the one that comes with gloss trim. Here's the picture of how the piece needs to look like, but in stainless steel. So if you have a car with above, please post your VIN#

Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
oooh that will be difficult... see if you get a quality parts guy somewhere who can play in EPC and help you.

The problem is, if you don't have the VIN, and you pull up that part on the diagram, it will give you EVERY part # for EVERY combo, each one saying "with code 123, 356, 367, without code 884, 337, 113" etc.

So you either need to track down a properly optioned car and give them the VIN, or at least have the VMI for the correct car so you know what option codes, and have a patient parts guy willing to do some trial and error, and know that if you mess up you will get the wrong part and have wasted a great deal of time.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:58 AM

2017 C300 Coupe
Yep, that's why I'm hoping someone around here has the right combo and is willing to share the VIN. Still it just seems weird to me that it's so difficult. Why would there not be a database of all parts where you can find you're looking for.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
You can see all the options, but there are TONS of them.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe - Sport Package
PM sent. FYI, you don't need to have 401 - Heated and Ventilated Seats, just 873 Heated Seats w/o 242 Memory Seat. Heated & Heated and Ventilated Seats use the same cutout/panel.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:25 PM

2017 C300 Coupe
Sigh, so after 3 months I'm still waiting to get this finished. My dealer replaced the driver and center panel but there's always an issue with passenger side. The one I have installed now is missing the LED light. And that is one thing I forgot to mention in my original post. They've had 4 different ones shipped and it's never correct >.<

Anybody has one of these cars by any chance speced exactly as mentioned in my original post???

EDIT:
OK, can't seem to edit my original post so here are the updated specs:

So basically what I need is a VIN# of a car with the following options:
1. driver/passenger heated seats
2. driver/passenger ventilated seats
3. NO passanger memory seat option
4. BLACK ash trim or BLACK gloss trim
5. LED interior lighting (part of Premium 2 package I believe)

Last edited by dzikson; 03-10-2017 at 03:29 PM.