My sound experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
My sound experience

I have posted before on my disappointment with the Burmeister sound system. My particular grip was that whether playing radio or media, the sound never seemed to fill the cabin. I had come to realize that when using the fader, one couldn't get the sound to feel as though it was coming from overhead. The majority of the sound would still appear to come from the front of the car...particularly centered in the middle of the dash. Fiddling with the other sound controls really made little difference. MB service had the car for a few days and came back telling me nothing was wrong, that's the way it is. I listened to sound in another coupe, still the same situation. I had a C300 sedan loaner with base sound...what a difference, there was sound all over the cabin...fader really worked. I'm guessing the sedan with Burmeister would have also sounded better...probably due to better speaker placement under both situations. Our coupes just don't have their speakers properly placed is my feeling. However, as I was playing some pre-recorded media, I upped the sound volume more than I normally have it, and at that point, I started to get the feeling of full sound production.

So, here's what I'm thinking. We know that the Burmeister system is not composed of Burmeister parts, but the system was tuned by Burmeister. Perhaps, like when one calibrates their home surround system, one usually has to set the voulume higher than normal to get the full audio effects. Could something like this be operating here??? Just hypothesizing.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300 Coupe
A few posts earlier there was a guy on here who upgraded his Amps... as the standard speakers were never great to begin with. Once after those he switched out he mentioned that there was better all around bass.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
It's not that I am questioning the sound quality, but rather the fact that the fader in combination with the speakers (be their placement &/or their quality) doesn't do what it s supposed to do...allow one to have the sensation that the sound is all around the cabin.