Hyacynth red with cranberry leather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
2018 C43 Cabriolet
Hyacynth red with cranberry leather

I'm having hard time choosing color combo for C43 cabrio and would appreciate any comments regarding following colors .
Hyacynth red with Black top and Cranberry leather interior . I notice most red cars have either white or black interiors , but I feel the black top will give a bit of contrast. I really love the Cranberry interior .
Thanks in advance
Old 03-08-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 C300 4 Matic
Imho. Too much red.
Ymmv.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:24 PM

2018 C43 Cabriolet
Yes , unfortunately I think you're correct and its confirmed by the fact that i've never seen that color combo anywhere .
Thanks for your reply - I guess I have to do more research !
Old 04-13-2017, 09:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C220 AMG Line Premium Plus Coupe
have you seen the hyacinth red IRL?
I was quite taken with it on the website but when I saw it in the showroom and outside I really didn't like it.
So I have brililant blue.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:18 PM

2018 C43 Cabriolet
Thanks for response . What an interesting coincidence !!
I have seen and driven a hyacinth red coupe recently and although I like the colour it is a little strange in person especially in the shade. I started paying more attention to the brilliant blue and I think that's what I will decide on , especially with saddle leather . I'll give up on the cranberry red .
My impression is its like a royal blue which will tie in with my limey background !
There's still one outstanding question - do I go with blue or black top ?
Decisions never end !
First car - 1952 Hillman Minx convertible .
Old 04-14-2017, 11:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C220 AMG Line Premium Plus Coupe
I think I'd go for black for the contrast, saddle leather is pretty nice too

My coupe is a lease (pretty good deal) and my partner called me over a few days ago while he was on the computer, because he found a cabriolet for about the same price as we are paying for the coupe. Gutted.
I'm happy with my coupe though, will maybe look at a cabrio in the future after we have got married and bought a new house.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe - Polar White/Saddle Brown (Premium, Premium Plus, Sports AMG package)
Originally Posted by splunge
I'm having hard time choosing color combo for C43 cabrio and would appreciate any comments regarding following colors .
Hyacynth red with Black top and Cranberry leather interior . I notice most red cars have either white or black interiors , but I feel the black top will give a bit of contrast. I really love the Cranberry interior .
Thanks in advance
I would go with a white or light coloured interior, they complement the red exterior very well.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:42 PM

2018 C43 Cabriolet
I agree light colours go well with red , but find they're not very inviting ; my current cappuccino is as light as I would like to go .
Having said all that , I paid another visit to dealer and got a real surprise . There was a brilliant blue SL63AMG convertible with - get this - Bombay red leather !!
This would have sounded a disgusting combo to me , but seeing it in person I thought it was fantastic, if a little bold !
Maybe the blue /cranberry with black top is a possibility ?
Old 04-20-2017, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe - Polar White/Saddle Brown (Premium, Premium Plus, Sports AMG package)
Originally Posted by splunge
I agree light colours go well with red , but find they're not very inviting ; my current cappuccino is as light as I would like to go .
Having said all that , I paid another visit to dealer and got a real surprise . There was a brilliant blue SL63AMG convertible with - get this - Bombay red leather !!
This would have sounded a disgusting combo to me , but seeing it in person I thought it was fantastic, if a little bold !
Maybe the blue /cranberry with black top is a possibility ?
I can see that working actually, since the Mercedes cranberry is subtle and not overpowering like bmw and audi. It would not be a common choice, but as long as you like it.

I like the blue and white look personally.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
You need some contrast in there, Red on Saddle looks great, red on grey looks nice, blue on cranberry looks nice too. Grey on grey is flat, red on red is weird... Too matchy-matchy. It is like wearing an unmatched suit, where something looks wrong, and you cant tell why.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Saddle looks fantastic. So does espresso.