Mercedes apps and streaming radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C205
Mercedes apps and streaming radio

Hi,

I have the C205 bought in South Africa and I am unable to open the Mercedes app store on the head unit. It simply states that the app store is unavailable at present.
My ultimate goal is to be able to stream Tunein radio to my car. I have an unlimited 4G data plan on my phone.

Bluetooth works fine, but When connecting my phone to the armrest USB port media interface I get a message stating "the connected device is not supported by the system"
My phone is a stock Samsung Galaxy S7
Any advice? Any retrofit modules I can install to have more capabilities on the multimedia device?
Old 03-23-2017, 01:43 PM

C200 Coupe AMG
Mercede's App store does not support Africa and the middle east nor does Garmin Maps
i feel your pain.
on the multimedia side i had a similar problem any time i wanted to use the search while plugged in with a cable on my Iphone it would display no device connected and i had to unplug and replug it. i purchased an original apple cable and it fixed it.
Also by any chance have you had the micro USB Port fixed or changed on your mobile? that could also be causing it.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:33 AM

C205
Originally Posted by Khazen
Mercede's App store does not support Africa and the middle east nor does Garmin Maps
i feel your pain.
on the multimedia side i had a similar problem any time i wanted to use the search while plugged in with a cable on my Iphone it would display no device connected and i had to unplug and replug it. i purchased an original apple cable and it fixed it.
Also by any chance have you had the micro USB Port fixed or changed on your mobile? that could also be causing it.
No I didn't change anything on the port. It's a brand new Samsung S7. I have a high quality Anker USB cable, so I do not suspect the cable being at fault either. Will try another couple of them rergardless
Old 03-30-2017, 10:59 AM

C200 Coupe AMG
Originally Posted by Jacques Aucamp
No I didn't change anything on the port. It's a brand new Samsung S7. I have a high quality Anker USB cable, so I do not suspect the cable being at fault either. Will try another couple of them rergardless
i think i found the problem.
When you connect your phone is it set to connect as media device? (MTP)
swipe down from the top of the screen and located USB options when its connected to your car.

Last edited by Khazen; 03-30-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:02 AM

C205
It is yes, but it will prompt to to allow or deny the connection every time... Obviously I allow it, but maybe then it's too late as Merc expects instant connection?
Old 03-30-2017, 11:14 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe
Hi,

I have the C205 bought in South Africa and I am unable to open the Mercedes app store on the head unit. It simply states that the app store is unavailable at present.
My ultimate goal is to be able to stream Tunein radio to my car. I have an unlimited 4G data plan on my phone.

Bluetooth works fine, but When connecting my phone to the armrest USB port media interface I get a message stating "the connected device is not supported by the system"
My phone is a stock Samsung Galaxy S7
Any advice? Any retrofit modules I can install to have more capabilities on the multimedia device?
Hey Jacques, just download Android Auto - it supports TuneIn radio. Get a good car mount, like the one I have, and you'll be all set:

http://www.androidcentral.com/tunein...world-your-car

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-c...one-mount.html
Old 03-30-2017, 11:25 AM

C200 Coupe AMG
It is yes, but it will prompt to to allow or deny the connection every time... Obviously I allow it, but maybe then it's too late as Merc expects instant connection?
it'll take a coupe of seconds to recoingze your device but a message should popup saying activating device.

i suspect Merc also doesn't have deep intergration for Android Like IOS, most vehicles dont.

Last question: are these music files stored on your phone or through an app this could be the reason.