C class coupe trunk/boot recall

Old 03-14-2017, 07:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 C205
C class coupe trunk/boot recall

Hi all,

Does anyone know about a C class coupe recall for some faulty boot/trunk mechanism?

Just spoke to my dealer about something and he told me there's a recall so i've booked into get it repaired/replaced.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:42 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C300 Coupe
The recall work was done on mine when I went in for some checks on squeaks/creaks. Something about pendulum support recall that can affect bootlid alignment. It sounded very minor and certainly not critical. The service guy said that they were not typically following up with customers to book in just for the recall work and would do the work if car was in for other work.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 glc43 AMG coupe
Yep had mine done. The boot mechanism detached from the body 2 days after i bought it. It still closed but with (obviously) unhealthy sounds. (and would sometimes reject closing all together). Because it was all out of alignment, it bent and snapped the plastic cover off when trying to close. They fixed it and replaced the plastic cover also. But at its first service, MB replaced some parts under a service bulletin. It's smooth now. Before it was somewhat jittery to close. Although not critical as pointed out, i'd hate for it happen where it doesn't close for some folks in the mall car park. Get it fixed.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 C205
Originally Posted by gravity101
Yep had mine done. The boot mechanism detached from the body 2 days after i bought it. It still closed but with (obviously) unhealthy sounds. (and would sometimes reject closing all together). Because it was all out of alignment, it bent and snapped the plastic cover off when trying to close. They fixed it and replaced the plastic cover also. But at its first service, MB replaced some parts under a service bulletin. It's smooth now. Before it was somewhat jittery to close. Although not critical as pointed out, i'd hate for it happen where it doesn't close for some folks in the mall car park. Get it fixed.
Perfect thanks, sounds like what happened to mine. Plastic cover clip snapped when it got caught.