Dashboard creak

Old 04-06-2017, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 AMG Line Coupe
Dashboard creak

I have a 3 month old C300 AMG coupe and have noticed a deep creak from the dash board in front of the driver position. It appears to come from where the windscreen meets the dash near the A pillar. I read on another thread this is a strut issue?

I noticed it first over diagonal movements in car parks but happens on any surface now. It is also worse at certain temperatures around 11-12 degrees celsius. When cold in the winter it has been fine.

I also noticed a'clunk' noise when moving slowly and turning the steering wheel to lock when parking. This seems to have gotten worse. I noticed a clunk today coming out my parking space today, now when I go round a corner turning right I can hear a constant noise from the passenger side front wheel...a light grinding/ friction noise. Anyone had this?

Will try and get it booked into the dealer tomorrow
Old 04-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe
Originally Posted by JoeG1
I also noticed a'clunk' noise when moving slowly and turning the steering wheel to lock when parking. This seems to have gotten worse. I noticed a clunk today coming out my parking space today, now when I go round a corner turning right I can hear a constant noise from the passenger side front wheel...a light grinding/ friction noise. Anyone had this?
I am bringing my month old C300 to the dealership in a few weeks for this clunking - at full left lock (I think), I get a clunking from the driver front wheel area. I've also got a loose interior driver door handle and buzzing coming from my Burmester grills :/