Can door's open hold position be adjusted?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Can door's open hold position be adjusted?

Our garage isn't too big. I park to the right of my wife's car. Sometimes there is enough room for my door to open all the way and hold while I get out. Unfortunately, most of the time the door opens short of the full open (hold) position. With the later case, the door will hold in the halfway open position, but it is a struggle for me to get out. So I ask: Can the door's full open hold position be adjusted to open and hold about 4",or so, short of its original full open position?
Old 05-13-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by flycaster
Our garage isn't too big. I park to the right of my wife's car. Sometimes there is enough room for my door to open all the way and hold while I get out. Unfortunately, most of the time the door opens short of the full open (hold) position. With the later case, the door will hold in the halfway open position, but it is a struggle for me to get out. So I ask: Can the door's full open hold position be adjusted to open and hold about 4",or so, short of its original full open position?
Not that I'm aware of. We use out 360 camera when parking up in our garage, I've worked out some points of reference to ensure I can park up and then open the drivers door without hitting anything.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:41 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Spoke with a MB SA and he said it couldn't be done.