It's OK!!!, It's OK!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 12:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Audi A5, 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 Coupe
It's OK!!!, It's OK!!!

I've learned that it's OK to like both Mercedes and Audi!!

From some of the posts I've seen on the internet, you would think that If one were to like Mercedes, they would have to dislike Audi or BMW or any other brands.

I like both my Audi A5 and the Mercedes C300 Coupe. They have their pros and cons and here are just a few (don't hate me, it's just my opinion)...

-I like the A5 exterior better (Walter de Silva really outdid himself) but that doesn't mean I think the C Coupe is ugly. I think they're both beautiful cars.
-The interior in the Mercedes is just heavenly. Although the A5 interior is pretty solid as well but the interior is one of my favorite parts of the C Coupe.
-The A5 is more fun to drive than the C300 (I'm sure the fact that my A5 is a 6sp manual has something to do with it) but the Mercedes is a more luxurious and comfortable ride.
-As my previous point alluded to, the Audi is more on the sporty side as the Mercedes is more focused on luxury
-Audi MMI is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Mercedes Command System. Maybe it’s because I learned the MMI system first but I think Mercedes could improve Command a bit

I know I will get a lot of crap for this as this is a Mercedes forum but I honestly really do like both cars.

I guess I kinda have a fetish for German Coupes

Last edited by Swahrez; 07-15-2017 at 04:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
antigeek (07-16-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 03:52 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
This is actually a fair comparison OP. I also agree that the Comand system is behind the competition, it's just not as user friendly lol.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C63
Originally Posted by Swahrez
I've learned that it's OK to like both Mercedes and Audi!!
I came from a '15 Audi S4, Prestige trim, Nogaro Blue interior, and Stage II tune by GIAC. I'm sure my C63 AMG is faster than my S4, but I'm pretty sure the S4 is quicker. AWD helps with that, but from a roll the S4 would still probably come out on top, until the C63 AMG reeled it in. If there's no knock on the Audi's in my personal opinion, is that they can be a bit bland looking, or at least understated.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Chuckman
I came from a '15 Audi S4, Prestige trim, Nogaro Blue interior, and Stage II tune by GIAC. I'm sure my C63 AMG is faster than my S4, but I'm pretty sure the S4 is quicker. AWD helps with that, but from a roll the S4 would still probably come out on top, until the C63 AMG reeled it in. If there's no knock on the Audi's in my personal opinion, is that they can be a bit bland looking, or at least understated.
I had the exact same cars in the same chronology....
Even a tuned S4 wouldn't beat the C63S imho.
The Audi might handle slightly better, but the Merc is quicker and faster....
That is until you equalize the field and go Stage 2 on the Audi... LOL