Cabriolet Service for Recall Campaign(s) Oct 2017

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 11:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Cabriolet Service for Recall Campaign(s) Oct 2017

The parts for the initial recall of the seatbelt pre-tensioner igniters is now in stock, so I booked my service appointment.
There were a few added "Recall or Campaign" notes added to my service.
I also received another notice dated Sept 29. for "the starting current limiter could be overloaded under certain conditions during the starting procedure"
I called in to add this to my up coming service but they told me it has already been added.... left hand is talking to the right

My email notification shows me a Recall for the following items;

"Check cable & position of Soft Top Side Flaps Service-Campaign"
"Update Fuel System Control Unit IFSCU) Software Service-Campaign"
The seatbelt fix is "replace right seat belt Recall"
The Current Limiter shows as "Retrofit Fuse on Starting Current Limiter Recall"

I also added the right side marker light warning that I sometimes get from time to time.
Seems like a lot of stuff but I don't think any of them are serious on their own.

Looking forward to my service day or days?
Old 10-17-2017, 10:45 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
Airbag recall too

Don't forget the recently-announced airbag recall (indirect, not Takata-related).
Web site says that a remedy is not available, but the method to fix it is known.

SUMMARY
Daimler AG (DAG), the manufacturer of Mercedes-Benz vehicles, has determined that on certain B-Class electric, C-Class, E-Class and CLA, GLA, GLC, GLK-Class vehicles (242, 204, 205, 207, 212, 117, 156, 253 platform) an electrostatic discharge, when combined with a broken steering column module clock spring and an insufficient grounding of the steering components, could lead to an inadvertent deployment of the driver airbag. A broken steering column module clock spring activates a driver airbag warning message in the instrument cluster, as well as the red airbag warning lamp. An inadvertent driver airbag deployment may cause a risk of injury to the driver and might increase the risk of a potential crash.
CONSEQUENCE
An inadvertent driver airbag deployment may cause a risk of injury to the driver and might increase the risk of a potential crash.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/recall