MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class Coupe (C205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c205-210/)
-   -   Reversing camera fault (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c205/707294-reversing-camera-fault.html)

norman.hamilton 05-11-2018 02:20 PM

Reversing camera fault

I have a 2016 C205, the camera opens momentarily on reverse being selected and then closes after a few seconds It won't open to allow cleaning
Any members have any thoughts on what the fault could be
Thanks

guhvies 05-14-2018 03:57 AM

Are you selecting reverse and the switching the engine off? Or are you selecting reverse and getting someone else to clean the lenses while you're in the car with the engine still on?

norman.hamilton 05-14-2018 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by guhvies (Post 7453493)
Are you selecting reverse and the switching the engine off? Or are you selecting reverse and getting someone else to clean the lenses while you're in the car with the engine still on?

It opens for a few seconds when I'm reversing then closes It won't open at all to allow cleaning which is the only other way of opening the camera

MattC300Coupe 05-15-2018 03:06 AM

You can control this from your vehicle settings. You don’t need to select reverse! There’s a menu on vehicle settings to switch on the reverse camera to allow cleaning.

norman.hamilton 05-15-2018 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by MattC300Coupe (Post 7454295)
You can control this from your vehicle settings. You don’t need to select reverse! There’s a menu on vehicle settings to switch on the reverse camera to allow cleaning.

Thanks but I am aware of this function and as I've already stated it won't stay open to allow cleaning

MattC300Coupe 05-15-2018 03:57 AM

Hmmm... how about when stationary and in P, press the camera button? Does that do anything? It should engage the cameras.

norman.hamilton 05-15-2018 04:24 AM

By camera button i assume you mean the cleaning function in settings I'm not aware of any other button

MattC300Coupe 05-15-2018 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by norman.hamilton (Post 7454314)
By camera button i assume you mean the cleaning function in settings I'm not aware of any other button

no - I’ve got a button above the headlights switch that has a camera icon on it.

norman.hamilton 05-17-2018 03:59 AM

no button on mine

norman.hamilton 05-17-2018 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by norman.hamilton (Post 7451905)
I have a 2016 C205, the camera opens momentarily on reverse being selected and then closes after a few seconds It won't open to allow cleaning
Any members have any thoughts on what the fault could be
Thanks

well I removed camera and mechanism and reinstalled it and revisited all connections inside the boot/trunk and it now works. Checked with the dealer re software updates etc and my car is up to date.
So alls we’ll that ends well.
Thanks everyone for the reply’s etc

mhabashy16 05-24-2018 04:30 PM

I have a c300 coupe, i had similar but slightly different issue. Sometimes the camera would open but would show whats on the left side of the car. The screen is basically vertical. The dealer recalibrated the 3 cameras (since they are 3 cameras that show one image) and I dont have this issue anymore. However the issue that persists is that sometimes while im reversing the camera would close and re-open after a second or two.

This is different than your issue however still an issue with the camera. Software on my car is also up to date.

I know this does not help resolve your issue, just letting you know that you're not the only one with issues lol.