Disappointed CPO Just Purchased Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
17 W205
Disappointed CPO Just Purchased Coupe

🍋 Lemon???
Picked up my CPO 17 Coupe this morning. On the way home the car bucked and trembled engine light came on as did check coolant light. Are these vehicles not supposed to go through a rigorous certified process?
Im already soured on the purchase. Fortunately there is a 5 day no questions asked return guarantee. I will give them 1 opportunity to resolve the problems.
Flatbed just picked it up to bring to MB Dealer.
Mercedes UGH!!!

Last edited by ScottsW205; 10-09-2018 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 10-10-2018, 12:26 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
Definitely not normal for sure, that sucks. I would be angry as well. However I’m guessing since it’s CPO these issues will be fully covered by the warranty anyway? What you described could be a lot of things, some major some minor.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:28 AM

17 W205
Originally Posted by MoneyVSOP
Definitely not normal for sure, that sucks. I would be angry as well. However I’m guessing since it’s CPO these issues will be fully covered by the warranty anyway? What you described could be a lot of things, some major some minor.
Thanks for your response. Upon close inspection of the car fax I see this vehicle has had 4 owners in a year. The dealer initially responded that it was transferred around to different MB dealers. That can’t be the case as I see on 2 occasions that it was titled as personal with a lien/loan.
The vehicle has had spark plugs replaced twice last month an alternator and electrical work.
I have now learned that merely because a MB or any vehicle is CPO doesn’t mean it’s not a potential nightmare.
I believe this car has been returned before.
My due diligence was lacking blinded by the cars beauty and that it was CPO.
True that the warranty will cover any issue but it appears that it has a questionable history both ownership wise and mechanically.
I have 5 days to return it. I believe I will.
Why risk being in the shop constantly because they can’t correct the issues or have to go through a potential lemon law scenario.
Very unfortunate and deceptive for MB to have sold this car CPO or at all until it’s issues were corrected.
Definitely soured.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:13 AM

Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
Well there's your red flag. 4 owners on a 2017 means there's something wrong with the car. First off, definitely return the car. I think you're dealing with a shady dealer. Are you sure it's a Mercedes manufacturer approved CPO or a "Dealer certified" car? Big difference there.

I just custom ordered a 2019 C300 Coupe and it will be my seventh Mercedes and third C class. I have never had a single serious issue with any of them, even one that was flat out used, not CPO. *Knock on wood of course* With the cars that I have leased new, they've had zero minor issues as well - only time I have service is for prepaid maintenance.

I think you just picked a lemon, unfortunately. All brands have them. I'd definitely give the brand another chance - at another dealer - on a (manufacturer) CPO with only one owner.

I usually only see BMWs on flatbeds. That's how they joke that you've joined "their club."
Old 10-11-2018, 07:35 PM

17 W205

The replacement 👍🏻
I returned the C Coupe. Went to a different dealer and while not as sexy purchased a CPO 17 Sedan in Selenite Grey with the AMG Package. Thank god I returned that lemon as stunning as it was.
Thanks for your comments and insight sincerely appreciate it.
Any recommendations on MUST HAVE ACCESSORIES OR ADD ONS??? You seem well versed on the subject.
Thanks again!!!

Last edited by ScottsW205; 10-11-2018 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 10-11-2018, 09:11 PM

Glad to see it worked out! That is an awesome sedan, the wheels complete the look. I’m more of a stock guy I don’t modify my cars. But if you head over to the Sedan forum, it’s a lot more active and will provide tons of ideas. Congrats on the new ride!
Old 10-12-2018, 09:28 AM

17 W205
Originally Posted by MoneyVSOP
Glad to see it worked out! That is an awesome sedan, the wheels complete the look. I’m more of a stock guy I don’t modify my cars. But if you head over to the Sedan forum, it’s a lot more active and will provide tons of ideas. Congrats on the new ride!
Thanks Again for your comments and input. Good luck with the New Coupe😆