MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W202) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w202-27/)
-   -   1999 c class w202 drivers stuck quarter way down. (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w202/740193-1999-c-class-w202-drivers-stuck-quarter-way-down.html)

ilovemercs 03-29-2019 08:12 PM

1999 c class w202 drivers stuck quarter way down.

My 1999 c class w 202 drivers side window is only going about a quarter way down then stopping. I can only with a bit of manual handling/ assisstance then get it to go back up. Can any one help ?

khomer2 03-30-2019 12:50 AM

Hello ilovemercs,

Kindly clarify - are these power windows?
If so, did to try resetting by disconnecting the car battery (you know where that is, right?) for 5 minutes and then reconnecting it.

ilovemercs 03-30-2019 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by khomer2 (Post 7719053)
Hello ilovemercs,

Kindly clarify - are these power windows?
If so, did to try resetting by disconnecting the car battery (you know where that is, right?) for 5 minutes and then reconnecting it.

Thankyou. I just tried this but it made no difference. Are there any other remedies?

khomer2 03-31-2019 12:44 AM

Have a read thru this thread.

Also, use the search feature with the phrase " w202 driver window stuck" here and on other forums, the web to obtain more reading info.
It seems you may possibly have an issue with the switch and/or motor.

Can you scan for codes and post here?

ilovemercs 04-01-2019 03:20 AM

I dont have a scanner so i dont think i can find this. As the window is a bit uneven when it gets stuck my thinking is its the regulator. Probably faulty/ come off rails or something similar. When I have a spare few hours I'll try & check it out. In the meantime I've got issues with my radio /CD stacker which has not worked since I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes. Its seems things are snowballing.

khomer2 04-01-2019 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by ilovemercs (Post 7720443)
I dont have a scanner so i dont think i can find this. As the window is a bit uneven when it gets stuck my thinking is its the regulator. Probably faulty/ come off rails or something similar. When I have a spare few hours I'll try & check it out. In the meantime I've got issues with my radio /CD stacker which has not worked since I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes. Its seems things are snowballing.

If the radio is not working, you need the code to reset it. Obtain the serial # on the back of the unit and call any MB dealership to obtain the code. They should be able to oblige you.
Do search on how-to remove MB radio - you'll need special keys to remove it OR you can make your own cutting up old credit cards.

ilovemercs 04-01-2019 03:44 AM

Thanks. I'll give it a try

khomer2 04-01-2019 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ilovemercs (Post 7720448)
Thanks. I'll give it a try

When you say your radio is not working, did you turn on the power dial and the radio display showed "enter code __ __ __ __ __" or something similar to this?

ilovemercs 04-02-2019 02:54 AM

i went to mercedes today and told them my issue with window not working. I went to push button to show the guy and lo and behold the window worked properly.Mystery.Maybe it just reset itself after 48 hours (time its been since I disconnected battery) Anyway the radio CD player problem: He said it was a eurovox and mercedes didnt carry code any longer so I'd have to contact some firm called GoTechnologies in Scoresby who look after eurovox and they should be able to help me.