MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W202) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w202-27/)
-   -   Starter wont turn on C200 96' (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w202/750266-starter-wont-turn-c200-96-a.html)

EmSixtyTwo 07-12-2019 01:35 PM

Starter wont turn on C200 96'

Hi.

Just got my benz working from a big IG Coil, PMS ECU and TPS failure MESS. It has been working for a while and today I tried to start the car but the battery in key fob was dead so the car turns but does not start (immobilizer thing perhaps?). This has happened to me before and all I do is switch the batteries in key fob and the car starts like normal when I deactivate the alarm. However when I tried starting the car today (still hadnt changed batteries in key fob, just wanted to see if it started anyway I forgot I had 3rd gear in and didnt engage the clutch for some reason. The car jumped as hell ofc and I quickly turned back the key and engaged the clutch. HOWEVER, right after when I tried to start it again the starter wont turn and all I hear is one big CLICK when I turn the key to start. Changed the batteries in key fob, deactivated alarm and its the same issue. Can my mistake have blown my starter? I havent found a "starter fuse" anywhere. Can it be the immobilizer that stops sending signals to the starter since it thinks someone's stealing the car? I tow started the car without any problems. Please help I have spent so much time and money on this car and was just about to sell it, I don't want this little crappy mistake make me scrap it.

Thank you

Pitayadi Wibawa 03-08-2020 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by EmSixtyTwo (Post 7801519)
Hi.

Just got my benz working from a big IG Coil, PMS ECU and TPS failure MESS. It has been working for a while and today I tried to start the car but the battery in key fob was dead so the car turns but does not start (immobilizer thing perhaps?). This has happened to me before and all I do is switch the batteries in key fob and the car starts like normal when I deactivate the alarm. However when I tried starting the car today (still hadnt changed batteries in key fob, just wanted to see if it started anyway I forgot I had 3rd gear in and didnt engage the clutch for some reason. The car jumped as hell ofc and I quickly turned back the key and engaged the clutch. HOWEVER, right after when I tried to start it again the starter wont turn and all I hear is one big CLICK when I turn the key to start. Changed the batteries in key fob, deactivated alarm and its the same issue. Can my mistake have blown my starter? I havent found a "starter fuse" anywhere. Can it be the immobilizer that stops sending signals to the starter since it thinks someone's stealing the car? I tow started the car without any problems. Please help I have spent so much time and money on this car and was just about to sell it, I don't want this little crappy mistake make me scrap it.

Thank you

From your described there, i think it could be immobilizer problem and/or transmission gear sensor, your car computer think when you started to crank the car are in drive gear not in N neutral or P park position.