C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My c230k Sports Coupe doesn't pull right anymore!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 03:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My c230k Sports Coupe doesn't pull right anymore!

That's correct...they fixed that problem...it now pulls left! Yeah! Oh well...at least they are very cool about it and they think it's a problem w/ one of the tires or something. Just a question for you guys. I remember seeing other people on here w/ problems like this and was wondering how long it took to get fixed and what they did (or at least told you they did) to fix it. On the bright side, it's only something minor and I still love the car...I don't care what anyone says, it's more reliable than any other car I've bought...I think that's because it's my first non "American" car.

Funny thing is that I seem to have bad luck w/ this kind of thing...I don't think any car I've ever owned didn't have this problem...I think I'm jinxed. Anyway, any info would be great!

thanks,
dave
Old 07-03-2002, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe
i think this purely depends on which dealer u bring ur car to
some techs in some dealership are just incompetent at all

i had the alignment fixed 2 times at one dealer but still had problem. then i took the car to another dealer they found that the alignment wasn't into spec (that means the 1st dealer didn't do a job at all) and they fixed it perfectly!
Old 07-03-2002, 03:51 PM

C230 coupe 6sp
Dave, If it is the tires, just swap the two fronts, and it should change. Either not pull anymore, or pull in the other direction. If it doesn't change, it is probably not a tire.
Old 07-03-2002, 04:40 PM

2002 C230, 1996 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
I just got mine fixed yesterday. Very simple problem, but they didn't look there first. The steering wheel was canted to the right, so they aligned it and then the steering wheel pointed left. The car didn't seem to pull or drift at all. I told the tech yesterday that I thought it was something other than alignment because the car wasn't truly pulling. They drove it, then took off the steering wheel and found that it had been mounted one notch off at the factory. The fix was to take it off and set it on the right notch and TA-DA, problem solved. Drives straight as a arrow now!

I think the problem was that I was telling them that it was out of alignment when I should have specified that it wasn't really pulling per-se, it was just out of whack. They took me literally and didn't look for any other problem or even drive the car as far as I could tell.

Happy-happy joy-joy!

Old 07-03-2002, 05:55 PM
Almost a Member!

MsMercedes, wonder if we are having the same symptoms...

Before I took it in, I had to hold it on center...as soon as a I let it go, it would turn about five degrees right and move in that direction. This is what I told the dealer. What they said they did then is check the alignment using whatever they use to do that and they didn't say whether they adjusted it or not, but it now reads "aligned." Except now, it does the exact same thing, but to the left...

odd indeed.

dave