C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Buy a used factory repurchase? honest opinion about reliability of C230K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1973 MGB-GT, 1986 Volvo 740GLE
Originally Posted by Alan B
Everyone makes a good point. MB's can be great cars...but they can also have problems (obvious w/all cars). My 2 cents for what its worth is, if you live in rural Alaska, why not just buy an older Toyota Landcruiser or 4 Runner that will definitely be the venerable wheels you need. If you have extra $, by an MB for a 2nd car.
Best of luck.
By reading the responses here, my impression is that MB can be "durable" (may or may not be reliabe) car with minor problems. It is a good point (get a reliable car and MB as a 2nd car). Well, maybe some smaller car rather than 4 runner (we prefe not to drive a SUV). A lot of people here seem to think SUVs are better for snow, but they don't put snow tires. The momentum of heavy car isn't great for snowy condition in my opinion. I'd rather drive a smaller car (fwd or rwd works even in AK) with the best studded tires. Since I already have a "toy" (MG), I probably shouldn't get too many cars... I'll pass MB for now.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 E55, Black on Black
Originally Posted by ntakebay
By reading the responses here, my impression is that MB can be "durable" (may or may not be reliabe) car with minor problems. It is a good point (get a reliable car and MB as a 2nd car). Well, maybe some smaller car rather than 4 runner (we prefe not to drive a SUV). A lot of people here seem to think SUVs are better for snow, but they don't put snow tires. The momentum of heavy car isn't great for snowy condition in my opinion. I'd rather drive a smaller car (fwd or rwd works even in AK) with the best studded tires. Since I already have a "toy" (MG), I probably shouldn't get too many cars... I'll pass MB for now.
MB has reached the low point with reliability, I believe, and is on the rebound. I bet by the second year of the new C-class (since all 1st year models have problems), quality will be vastly improved.
MB knows it has big problems, and they are addressing them. MB has confirmed that the new E class will be vastly "simplified" to combat quality control issues, and I imagine the same will be true for the next generation C.