Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W203)
NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge for C-Class W203! >

NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge for C-Class W203!

Notices
C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge for C-Class W203!

 
Old 04-08-2006, 05:21 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Slim Pickens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scratchass, AR
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C280 W202
Exclamation NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge for C-Class W203!

Hey, all. I was at an event in Dallas today and I saw this E-Class. It has a flat hood badge. But it isn't that cheap, plastic one like on the coupes. This badge sits in the recess in the hood, just like the upright star!

It also has a 3-dimensional look to it. Looks pretty cool to me!

Has anyone seen this flat badge? If so, does anyone know where to get it?
.
Attached Thumbnails NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge for C-Class W203!-newbadgeone350.jpg   NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge for C-Class W203!-newbadgeone350cu.jpg  

Last edited by Slim Pickens; 04-08-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Slim Pickens is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 06:08 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 752
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 SS
plastic one?

i thought they all looked like that...
rrpnow is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 06:28 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Belle the Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 272
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320 -Sports package - black / black
Never seen that one myself, but it looks nice. I personally like the plastic one that covers that indented area.
Belle the Benz is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:39 PM
  #4  
Admin Alumni
 
MB-BOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 8,143
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
See Garage
Oh, my. That looks VERY NICE.

I had the large flat badge that covered the recess. But with weekly car washings, the clear coat wore off and the blue faded within two years. It looks horrible now, so I removed it and reinstalled the upright star.

Haven't seen this one before, so we'll have to be on the lookout.

Anybody else seen this badge?

Hey Slim, where in Dallas did you see this?
MB-BOB is offline  
Old 04-09-2006, 12:38 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Humbucker87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 149
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230K
How do you guys think it would look if someone just made a badge with just carbon fiber and it just covered most of the hole. So it would just look like a big flat hood. I've always thought that would look cool, but I've never seen anything like it.
Humbucker87 is offline  
Old 04-09-2006, 03:06 PM
  #6  
Member
 
MB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 219
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 . RX 350.
simular http://www.performanceproducts4benz....acement+Emblem
personaly i dont get why it is beter then a star
MB2006 is offline  
Old 04-09-2006, 04:55 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Belle the Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 272
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320 -Sports package - black / black
Originally Posted by MB2006
simular http://www.performanceproducts4benz....acement+Emblem
personaly i dont get why it is beter then a star

Thatís the plastic one that everyone has, he is talking about a different one. I personally like it better because then no one can come and rip it off your car like they can the star.
Belle the Benz is offline  
Old 04-10-2006, 06:47 AM
  #8  
MBworld Guru
 
FrankW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 22,007
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white and whiter
never seen that one in person. Most likely it's from eBay.

I had the plastic one that everyone has which peeled and faded like Bob said as well. Replaced that with the Carlsson emblem.
FrankW is offline  
Old 04-10-2006, 01:12 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Slim Pickens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scratchass, AR
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C280 W202
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
Hey Slim, where in Dallas did you see this?
I spent the weekend in Dallas at my parents house, to attend the Races at TMS. I saw this car at Vista Ridge Shopping Center in Lewisville.

This is NOT the badge you can buy at the dealer. My camera doesn't do it justice. It's much prettier. I like the White star with the blue wreath. Looks classy.
Slim Pickens is offline  
Old 04-11-2006, 06:54 PM
  #10  
Admin Alumni
 
MB-BOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 8,143
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
See Garage
Let's bump this one. I'm not sure if everyone appreciates it, yet.

Has anyone seen this NEW flat badge yet?
MB-BOB is offline  
Old 04-13-2006, 09:16 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
aecasasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 411
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 C230K SS
Another bump....Cause I wan't to know!!!
aecasasus is offline  
Old 04-14-2006, 09:08 AM
  #12  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Slim Pickens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Scratchass, AR
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C280 W202
Any chance one of the moderators can make this a sticky thread for a while? If we can just find the dude that makes this ornament, I bet a bunch of members will want one. The plastic coupe badge on my ride is looking really ratty.

Last edited by Slim Pickens; 04-14-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Slim Pickens is offline  
Old 04-14-2006, 12:00 PM
  #13  
.V.
Almost a Member!
 
.V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belgium
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E420 490 CV
yes for sure we will want one..

Did you get the number plate of the car?
.V. is offline  
Old 04-14-2006, 10:01 PM
  #14  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ST. Louis, MO
Posts: 790
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'13 SL550, '18 Porsche Macan GTS
Very nice, but I want one with black instead of the blue!!! I've been looking for months for a black hood badge with no luck. Can anyone help????
SteveL1 is offline  
Old 04-15-2006, 11:07 AM
  #15  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed a similar badge on the CLS-class yesterday at my dealership while I was getting some service. It is just a guess, but maybe the CLS badge is smaller than the other flat badges and thereby creates the look referenced?!?
MLDesigno is offline  
Old 04-15-2006, 11:54 AM
  #16  
.V.
Almost a Member!
 
.V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belgium
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E420 490 CV
I tought about CLS badge too, since I saw one from far in the street. But I didn't had time to go to my dealer

I picked up this


.V. is offline  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:51 PM
  #17  
Out Of Control!!
 
revstriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Obama Land
Posts: 12,161
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by Slim Pickens
I spent the weekend in Dallas at my parents house, to attend the Races at TMS. I saw this car at Vista Ridge Shopping Center in Lewisville.

This is NOT the badge you can buy at the dealer. My camera doesn't do it justice. It's much prettier. I like the White star with the blue wreath. Looks classy.
I think I know who owns that car. A guy I work with also has a black C350 (just like mine) and I noticed the other day that he has a flat badge on it. I'm pretty sure it's recessed like the one in the picture but I'll have to take another look to be sure. I do know that it is not the plastic one that MB Sells at the dealer.

Next time I see him I will ask where he got his flat badge from, and will let you know.
revstriker is offline  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:45 PM
  #18  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Southern Methodist University
Posts: 797
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by revstriker
I think I know who owns that car. A guy I work with also has a black C350 (just like mine) and I noticed the other day that he has a flat badge on it. I'm pretty sure it's recessed like the one in the picture but I'll have to take another look to be sure. I do know that it is not the plastic one that MB Sells at the dealer.

Next time I see him I will ask where he got his flat badge from, and will let you know.

woohoo! I may want one too!
b3d_sage is offline  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:21 PM
  #19  
Out Of Control!!
 
revstriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Obama Land
Posts: 12,161
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I have confirmed it! That is indeed his car, and his badge! I took a closer look this morning. It looks really nice! I spoke to him briefly this morning and he told me that it is "homemade" (although he didn't clarify if that meant he made it or someone else). He said it uses the same locking mechanism as the original upright star (?- This seemed to be an important aspect to him). He told me if I wanted, he could get me one. I told him that I may know some other people who are interested as well. He just said to let him know.

I only spoke to him for about 30 seconds (sorry, I was running late for a meeting). I wish I could have gotten more details. I don't think I will see him again today, but I probably will in the next few days.
revstriker is offline  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:23 PM
  #20  
Super Moderator
 
nlpamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 8,691
Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by revstriker
I have confirmed it! That is indeed his car, and his badge! I took a closer look this morning. It looks really nice! I spoke to him briefly this morning and he told me that it is "homemade" (although he didn't clarify if that meant he made it or someone else). He said it uses the same locking mechanism as the original upright star (?- This seemed to be an important aspect to him). He told me if I wanted, he could get me one. I told him that I may know some other people who are interested as well. He just said to let him know.

I only spoke to him for about 30 seconds (sorry, I was running late for a meeting). I wish I could have gotten more details. I don't think I will see him again today, but I probably will in the next few days.
oh ****! awesome! I'm in! thanks rev!
nlpamg is offline  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:29 PM
  #21  
Out Of Control!!
 
revstriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Obama Land
Posts: 12,161
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by nlpamg
oh ****! awesome! I'm in! thanks rev!
Cool. I think I might get one myself. I'm not much into modifications, but I really liked the way this looked on his car. Considering we have the same exact car, I can see what it would look like on mine.

If anyone is interested, go ahead and post in this thread. I will try and get more info about cost etc. and some more details about it (maybe I can get him to take it off and get some more detailed pics). If there is a demand for this, I'll get him (or whoever is making them) set up as a sponsor or something.
revstriker is offline  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:48 PM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 4,278
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by revstriker
Cool. I think I might get one myself. I'm not much into modifications, but I really liked the way this looked on his car. Considering we have the same exact car, I can see what it would look like on mine.

If anyone is interested, go ahead and post in this thread. I will try and get more info about cost etc. and some more details about it (maybe I can get him to take it off and get some more detailed pics). If there is a demand for this, I'll get him (or whoever is making them) set up as a sponsor or something.
I'm in as long as the price is reasonable ($50 or so). Also, see if it's possible to get the color in anything other than blue (I'm thinking black).
Blake P is offline  
Old 04-18-2006, 01:01 PM
  #23  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 1,067
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W115 - W210 - S211 - C209 - P38
Originally Posted by Blake P
I'm in as long as the price is reasonable ($50 or so). Also, see if it's possible to get the color in anything other than blue (I'm thinking black).
im in too if around $50, that seems reasonable with the OEM locking mechanism for the upright star

should i start a list?

1. Blake P
2. alboogiee
alboogiee is offline  
Old 04-18-2006, 01:20 PM
  #24  
Out Of Control!!
 
revstriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Obama Land
Posts: 12,161
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by Blake P
I'm in as long as the price is reasonable ($50 or so). Also, see if it's possible to get the color in anything other than blue (I'm thinking black).
I'll ask.
revstriker is offline  
Old 04-18-2006, 01:22 PM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
blume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it looks like an oldschool badge, but im not sure what i would have come off of.
blume is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge for C-Class W203!


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: