C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

if i remove the chrome single oval tip...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
1) You have a point based on your opinion
2) you indicated your prowess over on the darkside forum based on your post count = you may or may not know how to STFF
3) Your own indication above was that you where with the wife and therefore had better things to do
4) Your argument and insult of a moderator's post therefore do not hold water
5) changing car brands, based on your above posted statement, is not an excuse
6) claiming contact by others, true or not, does not present a valid argument for consideration
Old 08-03-2006, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 230K Coupé
no offense, but this is a load of crap. i am not lazy and i take offense to that. if you look at my original DISCLAIMER, i said i searched 2 forums (including here). if you want to call me "lazy" for not taking off the tip then i guess that's your right, but even then that's pretty dumb when someone might know the answer ASAP without me having to get my tools out just for a no-mod observation. i mean, c'mon man, it was just a friggin question.

i have received some PMs from great people here...mostly regarding the overall attitude of a lot of members here. i think its a shame that people can be so harsh on someone that has never offended anyone and simply asked a question. i am totally new to the world of mercedes and so far i am not impressed.

i want to remain a member here, but i feel like this is a big high school click full of arrogant trust-fund babies.

THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERYONE HERE. to those that responded and helped, i thank you very much.
Bender, I don't think drexappeal was directing that at you. He was just responding to c240style. We all got that you weren't able to find your answer through the search feature.
Everyone is harsh to newbies all over the world. Remember being a freshman in college?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
1) You have a point based on your opinion
2) you indicated your prowess over on the darkside forum based on your post count = you may or may not know how to STFF
3) Your own indication above was that you where with the wife and therefore had better things to do
4) Your argument and insult of a moderator's post therefore do not hold water
5) changing car brands, based on your above posted statement, is not an excuse
6) claiming contact by others, true or not, does not present a valid argument for consideration
#2 - huh?

#3 - are you serious? i was kidding around at that point.

if people give me crap or insult me, i am not going to bow down and take it regardless who they are. if a moderator disagrees with me then i respect that. afterall, i am a new member. it still does not change the fact that i think there is a general lack of respect for NooBs. if you feel different then i guess we will have to respectfully disagree.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
K

Appreciate your attitude. Thanx for the clarifications and admissions.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:57 PM

2015 E550 Coupe, 2012 E350 4matic Sedan, 2016 fully blown out custom camaro 2SS
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MB-BOB
Sorry if you are disappointed with the participation around here. The W203 is now 6 years old, and all of these questions have been asked... a dozen or more times each. Exhaust tip questions close to 100 times by now. It gets old, but the search function doesn't care how old and it really does work.

There was alot more interaction when the car was new and all the early adopters were learning about it.
This is how it should be done, (Thank You!) your reply contained all that was needed nothing more and or less (Good Job) ....................................
Old 08-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Almost a Member!

back on topic...

well, i think that the only "correct" way to do this IMHO is to get nice tips (ebay has replica AMG tips) and have them welded on. maybe cut the bumper a centimeter or so for perfect fit. either that, or buy an AMG exhaust. or, buy the 2007 C230 exhaust, which has to cost less then the C32 exhaust.

sorry this thread got out of hand for a bit...not my intention. there are clearly a few people that i will bang heads with here.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by bender73
no offense, but this is a load of crap. i am not lazy and i take offense to that. if you look at my original DISCLAIMER, i said i searched 2 forums (including here). if you want to call me "lazy" for not taking off the tip then i guess that's your right, but even then that's pretty dumb when someone might know the answer ASAP without me having to get my tools out just for a no-mod observation. i mean, c'mon man, it was just a friggin question.
Take it easy. I was just responding to C240Style's comments to give a little bit of level headed explanation why some peole don't like when people don't search first. So in no way was this directed to anyone in particular. It just happened to come up in your thread (which was merged with another thread very similar in subject matter).

i have received some PMs from great people here...mostly regarding the overall attitude of a lot of members here. i think its a shame that people can be so harsh on someone that has never offended anyone and simply asked a question. i am totally new to the world of mercedes and so far i am not impressed.
Many people have PM'd me and I've been happy to give information. Starting redundant threads just happens to be one of the things that upsets some people here. Not everybody will be like that, but that's just the way of the world in general. Can't please everybody all the time.

i want to remain a member here, but i feel like this is a big high school click full of arrogant trust-fund babies.
LOL...If that was the case, then there wouldn't be anybody on these boards at all. And if it was full of arrogant trust-fund babies, then everybody would be expecting each other to spoon feed and hold each others hands. Unfortunately, that wouldn't be realistic.

THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERYONE HERE. to those that responded and helped, i thank you very much.
Next time you want to respond to everybody, please don't quote me. Ask majority of the people on here and they will tell you that I had a reputation of being overly helpful, even before I was appointed moderator.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
A second correct way would be to back up the STFF claim with links and statements in the newly posted thread. Thereafter the posting of questions specific to the subject matter at hand will be be received much more favorably as evidenced by history.

A third possiblity would be to revive an old thread and post your question therein.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
lol this thread has gone on for about 50 posts longer than necessary. you don't need to beat up on the new guy especially since he went from an e46 to a c like me.

drama

drama

drama!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:20 PM

2015 E550 Coupe, 2012 E350 4matic Sedan, 2016 fully blown out custom camaro 2SS
back on topic...

well, i think that the only "correct" way to do this IMHO is to get nice tips (ebay has replica AMG tips) and have them welded on. maybe cut the bumper a centimeter or so for perfect fit. either that, or buy an AMG exhaust. or, buy the 2007 C230 exhaust, which has to cost less then the C32 exhaust.

sorry this thread got out of hand for a bit...not my intention. there are clearly a few people that i will bang heads with here.
Bender pm sent.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:19 AM

//WALD C320 Magnifique [sold], BMW Z4 3.0i 6spd[sold]
I have the SCHATZ one not those cheap ebay "AMG" tips.. $50 + shipping lets say $65.. Brand new my dad bought was $160..
Old 08-04-2006, 02:07 AM

Is @ Home
y can't we all just get along??

group hug lol
Old 08-04-2006, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 c230 v6 SS
Old 08-04-2006, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by Tangerine
y can't we all just get along??

group hug lol
Old 08-04-2006, 06:50 PM

05' C230K Sport Sedan
drex's job as a moderator is to keep this forum alive and helpful, and he's doing the job very well.

Besides, he as a forum member does earn a reputation of being very very helpful on all kind of topics.

It is true that people over here might not have the right to insult new members, but at least they have the right to tell who should be respected.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C207 E500
do they fit ?
or
Old 08-08-2006, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by aznxkicker
do they fit ?
or

hey man, why dont u just get a magnaflow rear silencer for the W203, they are cheaper compared to eisenmann, brabus, sebring, etc.

if you want just tips, check out BORLA, they make pretty ncie looking tips
Old 08-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
do they fit ?
Well, I suppose you could have a muffler shop saw the OEM muffler off and weld one of these on, but if you do that, you might as well have a full custom cat-back exhaust made w/ mandrel bent piping.

or
I'm not sure how the muffler tip looks when you remove the chrome oval tip. I'm pretty sure the oval tip is a chrome or polished overlay of the dual stock tips. If it is, then you wouldn't be able to use these tips. If the OEM muffler was redesigned to have a single outlet, then these might work. Honestly, the only real way to know if these would fit would be to D.I.Y. If you're not mechanically inclined, I'd suggest not doing anything until you can afford a real muffler replacement specifically designed for the w203.