C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Burnout in a C230K auto w/C7.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E63
Burnout in a C230K auto w/C7.

Today, my friend drove his 02' C230K auto, C7 w/Pilot Sport rubber to my house. I decided to take his car for a spin, since my C7 comes with the ContiSport Contact rubber; therefore, I want to know what will be the difference between the 2 tires. I notice the front is more responsive with the Michelin in fast tight corner, the rubber seems to hold the road better (less understeer). After I did some test drive, my friend suggested to try for a burnout. Since it is not my car, I immediately agree his idea. First, I set the car to a dyno mode to make sure every traction control is off. I put my left foot on the brake and gas with my right foot. At about 3500rpm, the rear tires start spining. I keep gas more (left foot still on brake) after I heard the tire screams, then smoke is coming out of the rear burning Pilot Sport tires. At about 5k rpm, I let go the brake and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, the car start spining around to the right. After a 180 degree turn(the tire is still spining and smoking), I turned the steering wheel back to straight and the car was going straight with smoke coming out until I shift to second. My friend and I were suprise at the car, but it sure cost my friend some expensive tires.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:06 AM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
What? Your friend didn't care about his tires? Don't tell me he's a Honger with rich parents who'll just buy him another set!
Old 09-29-2002, 01:12 PM

C230K Manny, Albaster White/Oyster Leather/C1/C5/C7/CD
Was it a stock or any mod has been done?
Old 09-29-2002, 02:17 PM

W212 E63
Only K&N Cone filter on that car. I don't think he care his tires much. The ContiSportContact on my C230K with 6750miles still looks very new, however, the Pilot Sport on his car is half worn with only 5000miles before we try the burnout.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:32 PM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
The tires from the C7 or say, Evolution package here in Canada, are not meant for winter driving. Is there a set that's good for all season?

What's the name, Eason?
Old 09-29-2002, 07:37 PM

2002 C230K, Auto, etc.
Burnout!!!!

And just what did you prove with the burnout other than you must be about 15 years old and can't write English.

For that kind of (fun) why not go get a Honda and join all the rest of the pimple faced crowd.

Come on guys (girls)
Old 09-29-2002, 08:19 PM

W212 E63
Re: Burnout!!!!

Originally posted by GTIDAN
And just what did you prove with the burnout other than you must be about 15 years old and can't write English.

For that kind of (fun) why not go get a Honda and join all the rest of the pimple faced crowd.

Come on guys (girls)
Sorry for my bad english, since English is my not my first language, I was trying to use my limited english to describe my experience. I am sure you will not even sound like a 5 years old if you write in my language. We are here just to share information and experience, there is no need for your offensive comment about me. Anyway, I am not doing burnout on the street everyday, I was trying to see if the car is capable of doing it or not.

For all season tires, I think Pilot Sport A/S is a good choice. The tire can compromise both high performance and winter driving, but it's abit expensive.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
um... cone filter?

Aren't our filters flat panel filters?
Old 09-29-2002, 09:36 PM

W212 E63
Stock is flat panel filter, but my friend and I changed to an universal K&N cone filter.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:11 PM

2002 C230K, Auto, etc.
Burnout/Filter

Why did you want to know if it could do a burnout? Again.......what's the point? Almost ANY car you can buy to today can do a burnout. It proves NOTHING. Would you do it in YOUR car? Just because your friend seems to be light in the head dosen't mean you have to take him up on it........or does it? With a buddy like you who needs enemies.

You bought the comments on yourself. I may be the only one who replied but trust me on this. I'm sure many, many others who read what you did just didn't feel it was even WORTH their time to reply. After your reply I guess I should have done the same. As to your English I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and your right; I probably could not write in your language.

Enough said.

Now on a different subject. How did you install a cone filter on your C230K? Can't see where under the hood it could go. Secondly I was unaware the K/N even had a filter for the C230K yet.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:00 PM

W212 E63
Well, I just want to share the experience, I am NOT looking for replys like "Wow.. Amazing" "That's unbelievable". I think I am not the only one who have tried this, try to do a search on burnout in the forum and you will know. Doing burnout is just like people who want to chirp their tires during a shift, it does prove nothing. Let's put it this way, it does prove you car have some torque and not almost every new car can do a burnout or chirp the tires, at least with an Automatic gear box. I am not here to be rude to someone that I don't know, I just want to clear my points up.

I did some posts on the K&N cone filter setup and here is the link to the post.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=7

Feel free to give me comments.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:03 AM

2002 C230K, Auto, etc.
Burnout

Ok, ok I get your point or lack of. I guess when I was a 16 and just got my first car I too did a burnout or two. And yes, I even chirped the tires.

But with a Mercedes!!!!. If you got yours to chrip good for you. Mine is totally stock and when I punch it to the floor my auto stills shifts soooooooooooo smooth it could never chirp the tires. If yours does I would think NOT all is well with it. Again what's the point. If you really want to smoke the tires try this. Just floor the pedal and when you hit the limiter pull it into gear........Now that should really blow you away. On second thought maybe you can talk your buddy into letting you use HIS car.

The K/N cone looks really tacky to me. Not a K/N product MADE for the C230K. Looks more like something I've seen on some Honda Accords around here. Ok........It might work but I really doubt it. And I have NO Doubt it's VERY loud. But than a tire chriper might feel it's cool. Hey what do I know.

In the end.......it's your car. I assume YOU are paying for it and that does give you the right to do anything you want. So.........enjoy it and I think we've hammered this enough.
Glad you are enjoying the fun of having a 'benz'
Old 09-30-2002, 12:31 AM

W212 E63
Well, I am a still a "poor" student, who drive a Benz. Homemade filter works fine with me so far. I am not looking for a loud intake sound, but just want the engine to breath easier and gain a little hp. I don't think there is any intake kit made for our car yet, but it would cost at least cost 5x more compare to my homemade intake. Mine might not work as efficent as a well engineering kit, but I don't think it will be worst than stock. As far as looking tacky, I agree with you, but I am not the kind of people that open up my hood and show every one in the lot.

Last edited by eason; 09-30-2002 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:11 AM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Re: Burnout!!!!

I have to hand it to you. This one is pretty funny.

But I think you should stop teasing Eason. He's only hear to share his experience and knowledge with us.

Eason, good job with the K&N Filter and the Stage II's!
Old 09-30-2002, 02:14 AM
JeT

Eason, do you have any pics of the stage IIs? I can't recall anyone posting any pics of them...I am looking to upgrade as well.

GTIDAN, relax! If you respond to every thread like this you are gonna be very busy!
Old 09-30-2002, 02:27 AM

W212 E63
I posted about 5 months ago, and I just posted in Csportcoupe.com. And here is the link:
http://www.csportcoupe.com/forums/sh...=&threadid=673

I am going to change the HID bulbs tomorrow, to a even more bluish color. The one I am using now will tent to turn from blue to complete white after 30min+ drive. The last picture on the above link have a side by side comparison between the HID in my C230K and the stock one in my E46 325i.

Last edited by eason; 09-30-2002 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:39 AM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Eason:

I didn't know you can just change the bulbs for the REAL HID's...What bulbs are these?
Old 09-30-2002, 03:03 AM

W212 E63
Well, they are HID conversion kits. The made the HID bulb to fit in our H7 housing. Changing a HID bulb with H7 base will just work fine. In face you can change bulb for factory HID as well, just get the same fitting and you can change it as easy as halogen bulbs.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:21 AM
JeT

Wow, those bulbs are extremely blue! What bulbs are you changing to?

Did you have to get the MB techs to change the computer settings once you converted?
Old 09-30-2002, 03:31 AM

W212 E63
Well, the bulb I use now said 6000K Stage II, but I think the color is not 6000K anymore after a 30min+ drive. The local performance store said they have a newer version of 6000K kit, which can stay at 6000k all the time(better quality I guess); and they are willing to let me switch the bulb with them.

I did take my car to the MB dealer for a reprogram after I installed the HID. Cost me $45 Canadian dollars.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:57 AM
JeT

I am guessing you got the hid4less kit...right? Theres's a few kits out there. I am not sure which is the best.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:36 AM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Eason which Lordco did you buy the Stage II's at? So now there's two kits? One with 6000K for 30 mins and one with 6000K for long lasting?

Or just one kit with two bulb options?
Old 09-30-2002, 11:56 AM

C32 AMG
Re: Burnout

Ok, ok I get your point or lack of. I guess when I was a 16 and just got my first car I too did a burnout or two. And yes, I even chirped the tires.

But with a Mercedes!!!!. If you got yours to chrip good for you. Mine is totally stock and when I punch it to the floor my auto stills shifts soooooooooooo smooth it could never chirp the tires. If yours does I would think NOT all is well with it. Again what's the point. If you really want to smoke the tires try this. Just floor the pedal and when you hit the limiter pull it into gear........Now that should really blow you away. On second thought maybe you can talk your buddy into letting you use HIS car.

The K/N cone looks really tacky to me. Not a K/N product MADE for the C230K. Looks more like something I've seen on some Honda Accords around here. Ok........It might work but I really doubt it. And I have NO Doubt it's VERY loud. But than a tire chriper might feel it's cool. Hey what do I know.

In the end.......it's your car. I assume YOU are paying for it and that does give you the right to do anything you want. So.........enjoy it and I think we've hammered this enough.
Glad you are enjoying the fun of having a 'benz'
I don't see why you need to get all snooty just cuz you drive a benz. Let me guess, this must be your first one. My auto tranny does a burnout without even reving the engine (brake-torquing), so what does this have to say about me? If I were you I wouldn't rip on that Honda, especially since the Accord cost as much as your "High and Mighty" Mercedes.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:03 PM

2002 C230K, Auto, etc.
Burnout/K/N Filter

Je t.......Ok, ok........I'll start to relax more and JUST enjoy the threads as written. Aside from being a lefthand driver. Is the rest of your car about the same as our US version?

I would like to know where you got your replacement bulbs and how much they cost. Also do they produce MORE light or just a different colour? I've seen lots of cars around here (mostly ricers, I live in Little Saigon just south of LA) with blue lights but they are just blue and do not produce more light.

When K/N makes a replacement filter for the C230K I will one of the first to get it until than stock is fine.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:22 PM

2002 C230K, Auto, etc.
Snotty!!!! ME?

BOO2

I didn't intend to come off snooty cuz I drive a 'benz'. But I'm the type of guy who stops and picks up a piece of lint off the carpet. In order words I like things neat and that's why I bought a 'benz'. Everything is layed out with PRIDE. Look at the photos of this guys K/N setup and tell me WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR CAR?. My opinion is my opinion and yours is yours and that's ok cuz we live in this great country.

Where I live (Little Saigon south of LA) I see Honda and Acura's with wings sticking out a foot on either side of the car. Yes, it's their car, but that still dosen't mean it dosen't look TACKY. To me nothing is funnier than some ricer with a HUGH spoiler and a four banger with a coffee can muffler (weedwacker sound) driving down the street. Now don't get me wrong. Some of those cars have some serious engine mods. Jackson Racing is just down the street. But today with most of them it's ALL show and NO go.

If you want cool than go AMG or Brabus. NOW that's cool. But like most weasels I can't afford one so I 'just' cruise around in my toy benz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Burnout in a C230K auto w/C7.