C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

More suspension issues....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
last time when I bring the car in, dealer told me the front control arm/bushings need to be replaced soon, they said I might feel slightly vibration when driving, but i don't feel anything.

good thing is, I have extended warranty, so they just went on to replace it.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:29 AM

BMW 135i
OK guys i got my PSS9 installed today my worst fear was the ride being realy bad. but i was so wrong the ride is fine i think its even better then before
so here what happend . they installed the rear rims 18"x9.5 rear & no rubbing and then they installed the front 18'x8.5 WITH (tire)rubbing on the strut.luckily the shop had some stock 17"x8 and they put those on till he orderds the 5mm h&r spacer also they going to align the car when i go back in afew days on the way back home now with thew front 17' x8 and no alighnmanet wasnt a prob on the road. but i gotta say GREAT handling and the roads dont feel THAT BUMPY-

now i was thinking is the spacer i need to put or a diffrent size tire?? so the tire wont rub on the strut for the brabus rep.18'x8.5Front is 235/40/18
Old 04-24-2007, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by c230 o5
OK guys i got my PSS9 installed today my worst fear was the ride being realy bad. but i was so wrong the ride is fine i think its even better then before
so here what happend . they installed the rear rims 18"x9.5 rear & no rubbing and then they installed the front 18'x8.5 WITH (tire)rubbing on the strut.luckily the shop had some stock 17"x8 and they put those on till he orderds the 5mm h&r spacer also they going to align the car when i go back in afew days on the way back home now with thew front 17' x8 and no alighnmanet wasnt a prob on the road. but i gotta say GREAT handling and the roads dont feel THAT BUMPY-

now i was thinking is the spacer i need to put or a diffrent size tire?? so the tire wont rub on the strut for the brabus rep.18'x8.5Front is 235/40/18
So what do I win?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:48 AM

BMW 135i
Originally Posted by Blake P
So what do I win?
lol nothing help me out over here
Old 05-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned

C320
Made an appointment at the stealership to have this suspension issue looked at. I informed the SA I had done some research and was told to check the steering rack, of course he said he had never heard of that....
Old 05-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Banned

C320
And the verdict is in... My pretty much brand new front suspension sounded like it was going to fall out from under the car because of loose Sway Arm bolts!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Haven't you found an independent mechanic yet? Why are you wasting your time with the dealer still? 1. Find an independent 2. Show him your extended warranty and ask if they'll honor it....I'm sure they will. Look, you can't be getting worse service than this dealer has provided you.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:53 PM
OTB

Your dealer sucks...but you knew that.

I too live where there is only one dealer (and it's 45 minutes from my house). It really sucks sometimes.

It especially sucks when the very first thing they could have checked (sway bar endlinks, sway bar bushings) was the problem.

What a bunch of incompentent jackasses! It's not easy to own a benz in a small town or rural area when you need a professional's help. Even the known BMW/Audi tuner shop in my area doesn't want to deal with a benz.

good luck, hopefully you find a mechanic that has some benz history.

Last edited by OTB; 05-16-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: my spelling is bad
Old 05-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Banned

C320
Originally Posted by mleskovar
Haven't you found an independent mechanic yet? Why are you wasting your time with the dealer still? 1. Find an independent 2. Show him your extended warranty and ask if they'll honor it....I'm sure they will. Look, you can't be getting worse service than this dealer has provided you.

I have found an independant. That's who diagnosed and fixed the problem. I was going to bring it to the dealer in the first place since they originally did the suspension work back in January. When I called the SA and explained my problem he said "I've never heard of that before.". I had a pretty good idea of what my experience would be if I went back there. I brought it to the independant and he had it fixed in less than 24hrs. I didn't think that would be under warranty and I didn't even feel like going through the hassle so I just paid the 1 hour of labor.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

C320
Originally Posted by OTB
I too live where there is only one dealer (and it's 45 minutes from my house). It really sucks sometimes.

It especially sucks when the very first thing they could have checked (sway bar endlinks, sway bar bushings) was the problem.

What a bunch of incompentent jackasses! It's not easy to own a benz in a small town or rural area when you need a professional's help. Even the known BMW/Audi tuner shop in my area doesn't want to deal with a benz.

good luck, hopefully you find a mechanic that has some benz history.
I've got one now. They have been around for 25 years and have a good reputation. I've had to use them 3 times for different issues and I have been happy with them.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 MB E320 & 2010 Nissan Elgrand
Guys,

I need some help here. I have this knocking sound from my front suspension everytime I went over bumps/uneven road. I'm guessing it's somewhere around arms/bushings that need to be replaced. I brought my car in to my dealer and hoping they would fix this/replace smth under warranty, but they didn't touch it due to my COs. I'm really a noob for this problem and don't know where to start to fix my problems.

I'm thinking to bring my car to my local shop and let them inspect the problems. I'll get the replacement parts and let them install it for me. Now,where can I get these OEM arms/bushings for my car?

THX guys, appreciate the future replies..
Old 02-08-2008, 08:39 AM

C230k coupe 500sec convertible
Originally Posted by WaveyKat
YES SIR AM Here

well i had my whole entire front suspension replace first i did the Coilovers from tein to KW V2 and i change Lower and Upper Control Arms with the bushing but the noise was still there then i change the Inner and Over Tie rods and the nose was still there .. then finally i changed the Power steering Rack and now the noise is gone but i dont wanna speak to soon..its only been 1 week since the rack was replace so.. am waiting to see if i get anymore problems.

looks like I am in the same boat-- I now have 160,000 on my coupe (hard miles too) i'm really getting tired when backing in to a parking spot and hearing a clack---clack----clack like one of my front rims is loose when the steering is turned to the far left or right

A full rebuild will be in the works for me very soon, and I have most of the parts oncluding the rack from the wrecked coupe but where is the cheapest you all have found for the whole rebuild kit both upper and lower with the bushings already in place????
Old 02-08-2008, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
ok guys i had the same problem last year i change alot of stuff and was still getting the noise it turn out to be my Steering Rack, but before you guys assume its the steering rack please check your, inner and outer tie rods, upper and lower control arms and Bushing and Sway bars and endlinks.. hope this helps .. this was disscuss in the Suspension Thread.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by WaveyKat
ok guys i had the same problem last year i change alot of stuff and was still getting the noise it turn out to be my Steering Rack, but before you guys assume its the steering rack please check your, inner and outer tie rods, upper and lower control arms and Bushing and Sway bars and endlinks.. hope this helps .. this was disscuss in the Suspension Thread.
Lol... I asked the dealer to check the steering rack and they basically told me to f*ck off.