MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203-3/)
-   -   Before and after Eibach spring =) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/20440-before-after-eibach-spring.html)

Blueice 10-19-2002 04:54 AM

Before and after Eibach spring =)

Heres the car BEFPRE the spring was install
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...&postid=176851

Heres the car AFTER the spring is install
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...&postid=176869

Blueice 10-19-2002 04:55 AM

More close up

Before
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...&postid=176855

After
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...&postid=176852

Hmm should I use the MB wheel cap or the Lorinser wheel cap?

DtS 10-19-2002 12:27 PM

Looks great! :)

JeT 10-19-2002 12:49 PM

The amount you lowered is probably the ideal amount I would want to lower my car...looks good.

CHATMANR 10-19-2002 01:17 PM

I think I'm going to switch from H&R's to Eibach. I'm just trying to hold off until I hear that the Koni shocks are readily available.

Blueice 10-19-2002 01:35 PM

CHATMANR I never try Eibach with other shock on my last car I just go with the stock shock and works great, Let me know how it goes with koni :)

Jim Banville 10-19-2002 01:48 PM

I want to lower my C240, but not ruin the ride. So Blueice, you're using stock shocks? How is the ride/handling different from stock with the Eibach's? Did you have to have the alignment adjusted?

thanks
Jim

Blueice 10-19-2002 01:58 PM

Jim the ride is great I can't feel much of diff from the shock sping when I run over speed bump and things like that but when I do sharp turn it makes a great diff :D your answer can be find at www.eibach.com heres what they say :

All Eibach Pro-Kits are engineered to perform in harmony with the original damper of the special vehicle - take for granted a good working condition. All TÜV approvals in Germany certify the combination of the Pro-Kit with an OEM shock.

I was told not to have alignment right the way, he said that the spring will setting in about 2 to 3 week I should do my alignment then, as for now I don't think alignment is needed drive up to 110mph last night and the ride is great :)

mleskovar 10-19-2002 02:48 PM

how much lower?

How far did the springs lower it? Looks great with the rims and tires.

604_kpEscoba 10-19-2002 03:08 PM

HOW MUCH U PAY?

Blueice 10-19-2002 03:19 PM

I got great price from dee in D2 $330 + tax

604_kpEscoba 10-19-2002 03:22 PM

hey not too bad..looks perfect to me

o by the way are those "replicas" proboly not right...
and are they 18" or 19"?
nvm :P 18" i c i thin it would look nicer if they were 19"!
i want those rims :(

Blueice 10-19-2002 03:29 PM

Hmm should I put back the lorinser cap so people stop asking if thats "replicas".. but I like the look of MB cap better.. thouse are 18" =) I try 19" and I can't stand the ride..

604_kpEscoba 10-19-2002 03:49 PM

o really you hate the ride of 19" i never tried wanna explain to me the feeling?

i got a c240 so will i feel much "slower"and bogged down as opposed to 18"

Blueice 10-19-2002 04:38 PM

From the people who sold me the wheel they say c240 don't get enought power for 19" wheel (I dunno why but thats what they say) on my old car I have 19" wheel but pull it off after one week cause my g/f can't stand it..(she said she almost thorw up and refuse to sit in the car sniff sniff) I can almost feel every lil rock on the street as i run over then.. it sure look cool tho but just I can't stand the sound (since the tire has to be harder cause is thinger, it keep on makeing the *dum Lun* *dum Lun* sound when I drive on the bad street) and the feeling of every single rock on the street... but thats for me tho some they don't mind at all and can't tell the diff :)

brabus c 10-19-2002 07:54 PM

blueice... dee charged you tax? did you pay cash or credit? i also paid $330 with no tax... But i learned my lesson NEVER go to D2 again... when i was buying my parts i was to excited to notice anything... but after i realized that they RIPed me OFF on a lot of things... yes they may act like they are friendly and that you are getting a good deal but your really not... the price is cheep but the customer service sucks.... i found another place that has the same prices as D2 or a little cheeper and you dont have to feel like you are getting RIPed... For instance i bought my rims from them... but i had to buy new tires so i went ahead and bought 2 new ones from them... they over charged me around $40 a tire.. i read the price avertised in one of those free asian magazines. and as far as the MBZ hood badges. i paid a normal $40... just as much as factory charges and other stores.. so i thought "oh what evers, same price" but i then realized after putting it on and meeting some other ppl i had a FAKE hood badge... MADE OF PLASTIC... ( i was ignorant ) also after talking to some ppl i have met, they too say that D2 is not good at customer service they act ****y.... and they are money hungrey... id rather have good customer service... so i do not recomend D2... but thats my opinion and experiance. others may vary

Blueice 10-19-2002 09:42 PM

brabus c: I use CC card so thats why they charge me tax it is alright =)
Yeah I don't like D2 that much dee was nice to me but the girl who answer the phone act like a B*tch.. till she give me a better face after she know I drive a MB.. der.. and that other guy.. forgot the name is really bad also.. keep on trying to sell me the Lorinser kit for $7000!! thats way too much since they have it in stock (means they fail to sale it and stock with it) anyway I shop around for my stuff thats how it usually work they give u cheaper stuff on some part and then rip u off on others.. is all the same to every store I think so shop around asking price is what I do =)

bagwell 10-21-2002 08:13 AM

looks perfect...just the right amount of lowering...very similar to the BMW 330i with sport pkg -- the way the car SHOULD LOOK !!!

bagwell 10-21-2002 08:19 AM

BLUEICE - just get the MB nav $1200-1500 via the same guy that sold me the BI-XENONS....steve...

email him----->Steve MBenzNL [s_krabbenborg@hotmail.com]

Blueice 10-21-2002 11:48 AM

bagwell - Thx ! I think I am ganna go with pioneer GPS system, voice command and EZ address input seems nice... I am just going to add it right under Audio 10

session 10-21-2002 12:57 PM

Originally posted by brabus c
and they are money hungrey...
any company that's NOT money hungry won't be around long. aren't you money hungry as well for wanting to save your money?

brabus c 10-21-2002 05:18 PM

money hungrey is one thing but in this market the market is saturated, so many other companies out there wanting your business and as a company yes i do want money but i would also like return business. and as we all know return business is the best kind of business, keeping a customer is a lot easier and less costly then getting a new one... so IMO by them having money as their primary reason for saying hello to you when you walk into the door, instead of wanting to build a business relationship and having a return customer by not ripping you off is a bad business move. because from that they do not have that good of a reputation in customer service. which will lead to a bad recommendation.

usczeta24 10-21-2002 07:45 PM

"i found another place that has the same prices as D2 or a little cheeper and you dont have to feel like you are getting RIPed... For instance i bought my rims from them... "

So Brabus C, which place to you recommend then??? I want to get my Eibach springs put on but you're right, the customer service at D2 sucks. I've been trying to set up an appointment to come in for the past week and after leaving a message several times, so far....no call backs! If they don't want my business, then I'll go elsewhere. Any recommendations???

Blueice 10-22-2002 12:12 AM

Yeah I would like to know where also ganna do more to the car and looking for a good shop to go to =)

brabus c 10-25-2002 07:37 PM

well i just got my brabus front bumper at this one store called MAZZ in Monterey Park... the owner is kinda weird (HE talks way to much) but the worker there, that handles the prices etc. and stuff is pretty kool they just got a LIFT installed at the store so its getting pretty nice... the prices are competitive... they say they will match or BEAT D2's prices on parts. if you want more info on the store just leave me a message.