C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

History of Joe's 2007 C230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by Shake
6000k is def not rice. If you don't care about looks at all, then why don't you trade your car in for a Tan/tan Toyota. (no offense to toyota owners on here). Seriously stop ****ing with his thread. No one wants to hear your I had someone have similar comments on my thread and it pissed me off as well. I'm sure Joe would like you to stop commenting as well.
I agree that 6k isn't rice.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Kristen
Give me a break, when someone posts a "rice" mod everyone is more than willing to post negative comments. HIDs for the "look" is rice IMHO.

I'm sick of posers retrofiting these kits and blinding me at night.
Although I do agree with Kristen about HID retrofits, especially in housings that were designed for reflector halogens. Not only is the pattern scattered and not spread correctly/evenly. Looking at this picture, I find I have better light output with my projector halogens in the ML, which are already bad.

You would have been pissed if you were in my shoes last night. A Toyota 4-Runner with about 6k or 8k HIDs. The jerk had headlights on and his fog lights on. The light pattern was horrible, it was thrown in random places, and light output was again ****.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1996 E320
HIDs look much more elegant than regular halogens.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by benzO320
HIDs look much more elegant than regular halogens.
When retrofitted correctly...like this

Last edited by AsianML; 04-06-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-class
Originally Posted by AsianML
Although I do agree with Kristen about HID retrofits, especially in housings that were designed for reflector halogens. Not only is the pattern scattered and not spread correctly/evenly. Looking at this picture, I find I have better light output with my projector halogens in the ML, which are already bad.

You would have been pissed if you were in my shoes last night. A Toyota 4-Runner with about 6k or 8k HIDs. The jerk had headlights on and his fog lights on. The light pattern was horrible, it was thrown in random places, and light output was again ****.
Thank you.

Members may think I'm being mean, I am a bit, cause these kits are becoming popular yet when retrofitting them people do not re-aim their lights. The light output is different, and requires the beam be aimed further down, thus negating any gains. If not re-aimed, they are a nuance at night to other drivers.

I know "cantblockme" doesn't want to hear scientific reasons, yet how about legal reasons. If they are aimed improperly you could get a ticket, and I wish more would.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:37 PM

2013 E350
Joe, nice mods.
By the way, i recently installed HIDs in my c-class as well, and i love them. The look and the performance of the light is the reason i did mine.
Most people that complain are the jealous ones with the urin splatter light output. I say "oh well". I get plenty positive feedback as well.
I think i did a pretty good job aiming my lights down enough to not **** anyone off.
T.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Banned

C-class
Originally Posted by germantom-c240
I think i did a pretty good job aiming my lights down enough to not **** anyone off.
Good work!

I bet $100 his lights were not re-aimed after install.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:45 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
Give me a break, when someone posts a "rice" mod everyone is more than willing to post negative comments. HIDs for the "look" is rice IMHO.

I'm sick of posers retrofiting these kits and blinding me at night.
No further comments regarding your opinions, thanks for your advices Kristen

Nice thread, keep the mods coming.
Stop whoring his thread with negative comments. The bluish-white looks much much better and if you didn't like it then you didn't have to post about it.
6000k is def not rice. If you don't care about looks at all, then why don't you trade your car in for a Tan/tan Toyota. (no offense to toyota owners on here). Seriously stop ****ing with his thread. No one wants to hear your I had someone have similar comments on my thread and it pissed me off as well. I'm sure Joe would like you to stop commenting as well.

Edit: you can redeem yourself by posting pics of yourself.
Thanks for the compliment Shake. Yea I really don't like his tone but oh well a free forum in this free world he can say whatever he wants

When retrofitted correctly...like this
Now that's what I need to learn. AsianML your retrofitted lights really look nice! So you still using the halogen based reflector housings and how did u make this happen ?
mind to share?
Old 04-06-2008, 04:50 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by germantom-c240
Joe, nice mods.
By the way, i recently installed HIDs in my c-class as well, and i love them. The look and the performance of the light is the reason i did mine.
Most people that complain are the jealous ones with the urin splatter light output. I say "oh well". I get plenty positive feedback as well.
T.
Good work!

I bet $100 his lights were not re-aimed after install.
Yea I didn't re-aim them and after reading you guys' advices I'm gonna try and see if there's anything else I can do now to make this better.
Thanks germantom, could you share how you aim your lights right?

Joe
Old 04-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by cantblockme
Now that's what I need to learn. AsianML your retrofitted lights really look nice! So you still using the halogen based reflector housings and how did u make this happen ?
mind to share?
That's not my car. zam2000 did that to his E-Class. I believe he retrofitted Audi RS6 projectors into the Depo housings. If you do a search for his threads you'll find A LOT of information. There are more pictures showing the light pattern from different perspectives and just how far and wide and how clean of an output they let out but I can't find them.

EDIT: Found them and a great summary of various options for HIDs.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=zam2000

Last edited by AsianML; 04-06-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:25 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
That's not my car. zam2000 did that to his E-Class. I believe he retrofitted Audi RS6 projectors into the Depo housings. If you do a search for his threads you'll find A LOT of information. There are more pictures showing the light pattern from different perspectives and just how far and wide and how clean of an output they let out but I can't find them.

EDIT: Found them and a great summary of various options for HIDs.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=zam2000
wow great thread. thanks for sharing. imma go do more searching and see what i can come up with
Old 04-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Banned

C-class
Yea I didn't re-aim them and after reading you guys' advices I'm gonna try and see if there's anything else I can do now to make this better.

Joe
Thanks, and after all this, I was right. $100 well spent.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned

C-class

Edit: you can redeem yourself by posting pics of yourself.
AsianML just agreed, so there are people that do, just cause you don't doesn't mean I'm not entitled to my opinion. if you don't like it, or don't want to read it, there is an ignore button, learn to use it.

Too bad if you ignore me you'll miss out on actual technical information, something very few of us here post, yet I doubt you're a DIYer.

Moreso, he retrofitted them without re-aiming, thus for the poser/rice look while blinding others. So not only do I have a right to my negative criticism, my negative criticism was right.

After the problems with my C-class, I am buying a Toyota. These cars suck.

Boo-hoo, someone crapped in your thread, maybe like my comment here, it was justified. I don't need to post pics of myself or my car, I will when I need help with a DIy, yet I don't need to show off clear corners and CF lips for the 1000th time.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:04 PM

03 c240
Don't think this matters anymore but originally, I just don't really like the slight "yellow/amber/orange" tint on my regular halogen headlights. I wanted to get whiter ones, and I don't mind a blue tint at all.
Joe
i agree, isnt this why people get HIDs? because they dont like the stock yellow lights...

whoever said HIDs do not give you better light output. dont be ridiculous! 3 years ago, i used to use my moms lexus that had both the yellow and white lights. when you are using the white light compared to the yellow you could see so much better. the results were somewhat scary..

and whats with all this bashing in this thread...

Last edited by lancemb; 04-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:10 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by lancemb
i agree, isnt this why people get HIDs? because they dont like the stock yellow lights...

whoever said HIDs do not give you better light output. dont be ridiculous! pfff

and whats with all this bashing in this thread...
yeap i'm not really sure which output is better but i was paying for the look

Last edited by cantblockme; 04-07-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:19 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
AsianML just agreed, so there are people that do, just cause you don't doesn't mean I'm not entitled to my opinion. if you don't like it, or don't want to read it, there is an ignore button, learn to use it.

Too bad if you ignore me you'll miss out on actual technical information, something very few of us here post, yet I doubt you're a DIYer.

Moreso, he retrofitted them without re-aiming, thus for the poser/rice look while blinding others. So not only do I have a right to my negative criticism, my negative criticism was right.

Boo-hoo, someone crapped in your thread, maybe like my comment here, it was justified. I don't need to post pics of myself or my car, I will when I need help with a DIy, yet I don't need to show off clear corners and CF lips for the 1000th time.
jeez... no one said your opinions/advices were wrong i even say thanks to you in previous posts. it's just a matter of accepting/agreeing/appreciating or not.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300

You apparently have some major issues. I'm sure you've been super helpful in all 17 days here with your 67 100% technical posts.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Banned

C-class
Originally Posted by lancemb

whoever said HIDs do not give you better light output.
First I'll correct you, its not better, its more. if more is aimed improperly, its worse, not better.

Second, if you want white lights, here a much cheaper solution:

They'll fit your halogen lights, give the same light pattern, and since the halogens on the MB are pretty kick-@$$, they are all you need.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:50 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
First I'll correct you, its not better, its more. if more is aimed improperly, its worse, not better.

Second, if you want white lights, here a much cheaper solution:

They'll fit your halogen lights, give the same light pattern, and since the halogens on the MB are pretty kick-@$$, they are all you need.
sigh... I don't know how you can correct someone's opinion. I think oranges are better and you think apples are better. This is a personal opinion. You may be correct that which light will generate more output and which light will be safer but doesn't mean everyone has to fall in love with the better light output and the safer light.
Again, you may be correct on many of the stuffs you said I don't want to be the judge of that; but you are incorrect sir, if you think everyone will think the most important aspects of headlights are the light pattern and light output. I do think they are important but I'm willing to give up some of it in order to get my whiter lights. You think it's worse but some of us think it's better.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
damn i missed out on all of this? looking good joe, you should try to get some oem bi-xenon asap, as it actually looks better and helps focus your xenon beam.

or get depos like me, hhaha
Old 04-07-2008, 03:27 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
damn i missed out on all of this? looking good joe, you should try to get some oem bi-xenon asap, as it actually looks better and helps focus your xenon beam.

or get depos like me, hhaha
You didn't miss anything important, just some posts of me showing off the same mods over and over again on this forum and some personal opinion sharing between forum members!

Man most people would love to have oem Bi-Xs. For me, money is the issue
I should go visit you next time and see how ur lights look like in person, maybe I will get DEPO afterall, I'm open to all possibilities.

Joe
Old 11-21-2008, 11:27 PM

2005 c230k sedan
Smile GRILL AND FLAT EMBLEM

HI, YOUR RIDE LOOKS REALLY NICE, CAN YOU LET ME KNOW FROM WHO DID YOU GOT THE GRILL AND EMBLEM? ALSO, MY C230 IS RED WICH GRILL YOU THINK WOULD LOOK BETTER? RED AND CHROME? BLACK AND CHROME? OR ALL CHROME?

History of Joe's 2007 C230-100_2172.jpg
Old 01-13-2010, 08:56 PM

2003 c240
Always wanted to get HID. After reading thread after thread and checking out my friend's HIDs finally decided to install Siemens 6000K kit at my friend's shop, who also set xenon=present for me. Of course who wouldn't go for OEM Bi-Xs, I just couldn't afford that
Overall very satisfied with the HID conversion results so far. See further, and more clear at night definitely!

Pix:

^^^^^^See how orange my other lights are now compare to this HID beam!

(left side ballast)
I saw in another forum that you should not put yout ballast too close to the ecu. I would move it to the metal frame near your washer fluid resivior. Make sure it is as far away from the ecu as possible, If you want to avoid any future problems. BTW I wanted to know is the factory HID bixenon or the same setup as yours???
Old 01-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Originally Posted by djgliss
I saw in another forum that you should not put yout ballast too close to the ecu. I would move it to the metal frame near your washer fluid resivior. Make sure it is as far away from the ecu as possible, If you want to avoid any future problems. BTW I wanted to know is the factory HID bixenon or the same setup as yours???
that is not the ecu
i would still not put a ballast there though.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Though the OP hasn't posted in this thread for nearly 2 years, I'll agree - too close to ESP module.