MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203-3/)
-   -   W203/CL203 Aftermarket Wheel Thread - All you want to know (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/253761-w203-cl203-aftermarket-wheel-thread-all-you-want-know.html)

FrankW 02-17-2006 07:15 PM

spacers have been sent out via USPS to artur, raulperez, razor, kickR, and ernster. As they are the ones with 05+ sport sedan.

krew944 02-17-2006 07:29 PM

i got mine on finally...... got them with the toyo tires.../ worked out great. cant wait til it stops raining so i can take some nice pics.

ChristianJan 02-17-2006 11:57 PM

what shops sell toyos? I know that tire rack and discount tires don't sell them. is there a branch store that sells them?

kickR 02-18-2006 12:27 PM

http://www.toyo.com/find_a_dealer/ <- thats one way to do it

the other:
just drive around and look for tire shops, ask them if they can get you toyos and also mount and balance them for one charge.

PrsnBenz 02-18-2006 12:37 PM

Frank, check your PM

ChristianJan 02-18-2006 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by kickR
http://www.toyo.com/find_a_dealer/ <- thats one way to do it

the other:
just drive around and look for tire shops, ask them if they can get you toyos and also mount and balance them for one charge.

thanks man

ChristianJan 02-18-2006 01:19 PM

Yeah, I just called a few tire dealers. Express Tires is charging me 1100 for everything, such a rip-off. but he said if I can find a cheaper price, he'll match price it. I was thinking of calling other Express Tires, but I figured that they all get their tires from the same warehouse or something. Any advice?

kickR 02-18-2006 04:43 PM

i dont know what toyos cost, because i never considered buying them, but somewhat like $30 for mounting and balancing per wheel is okay. so just check what the toyos cost and add $120

AND FRANK?
you dont have any tracking numbers by any chance mh? :naughty:

FrankW 02-18-2006 04:49 PM

no tracking number for the spacers, sorry.

razorfish228 02-18-2006 05:16 PM

Can one of you guys take one of the Lug Bolts off the REAR and measure the exact size? I know the front should fit with the spacer that Frank is giving us but I would like someone "please" to give me the measurements.

:thankyou:

kickR 02-18-2006 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by razorfish228
Can one of you guys take one of the Lug Bolts off the REAR and measure the exact size? I know the front should fit with the spacer that Frank is giving us but I would like someone "please" to give me the measurements.

:thankyou:

yes, i also would appreciate it sooooooooooo much. shouldnt be too much of a hassle to take one out and measure it (the shank that is). because im gonna put them on myself, but dont want to take one wheel of first to try, put it back on, run somewhere to get it cut and then take it off again and put the new one on again. (wow what a lame sentence haha) :duh:

C350sport 02-19-2006 08:06 AM

Hi I was wondering if it's too late to join the groupbuy... let me know im very interested

SteveL1 02-19-2006 11:46 AM

For those that have upgraded to the 19" wheel/tire pkg., how would you describe the change in the ride quality from the stock 17" set up???? A lot firmer, a little firmer, the same???? Also, how do you think they are going to handle pot holes, etc.??? I also assume that most have lowered the car some and I'm curious as to what you changed? Specifically, what brand of springs and which pad # did you go with to get the front and rear gaps the same?

I'm really thinking of going with 18"s as the road around here suck, but would like some feed back before I decide. Thanks!!!!!

FrankW 02-19-2006 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by C350sport
Hi I was wondering if it's too late to join the groupbuy... let me know im very interested

I still have 2 sets available. PM me.

vic32amg 02-19-2006 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by SteveL1
For those that have upgraded to the 19" wheel/tire pkg., how would you describe the change in the ride quality from the stock 17" set up???? A lot firmer, a little firmer, the same???? Also, how do you think they are going to handle pot holes, etc.??? I also assume that most have lowered the car some and I'm curious as to what you changed? Specifically, what brand of springs and which pad # did you go with to get the front and rear gaps the same?

I'm really thinking of going with 18"s as the road around here suck, but would like some feed back before I decide. Thanks!!!!!

I think ride quality is the same. As for the pad I have no idea. I went with eibach springs. they said it can take a while to settle a little more. in the front . I noticed it's gone down a little. but over all I have never rubbed - as for pot holes, I try to go around them :p:

hope this helps. president bush hates black people.

viC32amg

razorfish228 02-20-2006 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by kickR
yes, i also would appreciate it sooooooooooo much. shouldnt be too much of a hassle to take one out and measure it (the shank that is). because im gonna put them on myself, but dont want to take one wheel of first to try, put it back on, run somewhere to get it cut and then take it off again and put the new one on again. (wow what a lame sentence haha) :duh:

I guess no one is going to help us on this KickR. :mercy: :mercy: :mercy:

kickR 02-20-2006 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by razorfish228
I guess no one is going to help us on this KickR. :mercy: :mercy: :mercy:

sad but true.

well, as soon as i get the spacers i will put them on in hope that i get it somehow resolved with those lugs from franks info. i will let you know :y

SteveL1 02-20-2006 11:41 AM

So based on what I've read above, the only way to run these wheels on an '06 C230 is to use spacers or modify the back of the rim????? Are the brake calipers actually bigger than the ones on a C32???? What a shame as I was planning on getting these for my new car. :mad:

vic32amg 02-20-2006 08:00 PM

the C32 are smaller but better i believe. I would still get them.. if they are better . smaller / different design and lighter - i think. ask frank. yes you will need spacers also. as for bolts i didn't put the wheels on my self so i have no clue. go to a reputable wheel shop. any GOOd wheel shop will have the correct bolt in stock

SteveL1 02-20-2006 11:17 PM

Has anyone modified the wheel to make the clearance, and if so, can you post a pic and description of what had to be done. I really don't want to run spacers if at all possible. Thanks!!!

ernster 02-21-2006 09:19 AM

I had to let it rub on the caliper as I turned the wheel by hand to see were the rubing occured and then dremmil the spot were it hit, until it didn't hit anymore. It worked and I have no problems. It took about 15 - 20 min and it was done perfectly.

SteveL1 02-21-2006 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by ernster
I had to let it rub on the caliper as I turned the wheel by hand to see were the rubing occured and then dremmil the spot were it hit, until it didn't hit anymore. It worked and I have no problems. It took about 15 - 20 min and it was done perfectly.

How much did you have to remove on each spoke and did it affect the balancing of the wheel/tire??? Any pics of the altered wheels???? Thanks!

razorfish228 02-21-2006 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by SteveL1
How much did you have to remove on each spoke and did it affect the balancing of the wheel/tire??? Any pics of the altered wheels???? Thanks!

I think your better off using the 3mm spacer if your serious about buying wheels from Frank. Its such a small mod that you don't have to worry about alignment.

ernster 02-21-2006 12:33 PM

yes had to get them rebalanced after he did the shaving. I don't acctually know what was the amount, my tire guy took care of it. He did a great job. For pics look at my pictures on the site. There is no change in the wheels at all. But look at my pictures on this thread.

razorfish228 02-21-2006 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by vic32amg
I have no Idea what size they are. However I got them from Wheel Warehouse. I'm sure if you call and ask for Cesear he can help. I told him that I was bringing in some TSW Bremmas and needed hardware. he said not to worry he has them and the rest was history. no grinding etc.. you can go to the wheelwarehouse.com and find thier number , give him a call.

I called Wheelwarehouse today and spoke to Cesear and he wasn't able to help out. He didn't know the exact measurements and just found some to make it fit he said. :mad: :mad: