C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

what do you guys think about my problem? Help :/

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
what do you guys think about my problem? Help :/

ITS A LONG STORY, but read it and try to help. because I'm sure u guys can point me in the right direction.

ok i have some good and bad news .

lets me start out by saying its been about a month owning my car .

its been at my gf house for 3 weeks.

so my gf dad had been fixing it, it took him a whole 3 weeks (but yet he took 2 days to do my old bmw, he's getting lazy lol) .

anyways today i went to my girls house and voilAAAA! it was "ready"

he said he had run it and checked everything and it didn't overheat.

so i go put gas, head back to his house and was super excited because i have finally gotten my car. btw he replaced all the gaskets , and also he replaced my cooling fan (i got lucky i found one with 90 day warranty for 160) mercedes wanted to charge me 650$

anyways I'm driving home (to pick up my money to pay him) we agreed on 400$? what do you guys think? mercedes charges 2200$ for the head gasket alone...

so I'm driving home (13-15 mins away, all highway, 65 +)
and umm its perfect I'm cruising, and what not i saw this honda but he didn't want none... and its funny cause i was just testing my car (pick up speed and whatnot ) and i tought it was kinda fast but when realized it had it on "w" the whole time.. lol

so my screen turns red, and my screen now says "hood open" even though its clearly closed , my gf dad might have messed with it -_- does anyone know a quick fix? also the shock or whatever that hold the hood up? they stopped working either .. but I'm not complainin he save me 1800$.. anyways so my screen was turning red giving me the "hood open signal" and i ignored it.

so right as i was getting to my exit (for my house) i think "no ill take the next exit i need to go to the bank get my money so i can pay him" and well my screen got red again, and i peaked it but it turns out it was the temp gauge and my temperature was at 120C :/ , it said "turn engine off" i get off at the closest exit (i didn't want to be stuck in a 6 lane highway) and as i was pulling off the main street my car was slowy turning off (when the wheels gets tight and you know after that it gets worse) i stopped in the middle of the road luckily some guys helped me push it to a DQ parking lot, and its hot won't turn on, etc.

i let it cool down then add water and of course it evaporates quick.

i wait 1:00-1:30 then get a boost ( a battery boost ) from some guy and then i "limp" home , my car didn't go any faster than 10 mph , no matter how hard i pushed down the accelerator. i get home, let it cool off for another hour or 2 (this is when i failed the DIY screen replacement)

i called my gf dad and he's puzzled and say for me to take it back to his house and he will check it out. (just want to mention, on my way home i was kinda pushing the car, I'm not gonna lie but i was driving "spirited" just like anyone would after not having their car for a good while) back o the story:

he said to take it to his house but i can't drive all the way over there 10 mph and my car now overheats faster -_-

so my dad friend tows me over there. i get there he takes a look we park it , he was about to leave it in the street but he while checking the engine really quick he removed this black tube in the middle towards the back and puts it back in and miraculously my car now accelerated (but harshly) but still enough to get in the garage (they live on a hill so had he not done this my car would have been stuck) and he says tommorow he will check whats wrong with it.?

btw he is a great mechanic he fixed my old bmw in like 2 days (head gasket), he fixed the head gasket, water pump, and timing chain, timing chain gasket, on my brother in laws old 2005 dodge dakota. and he charges me second to none . oh and he went to school in the philipines to be a mechanic and he lived in saudi arabia for like 10 years with his own shop there, and he says over there they drive nothing but mercedes, he told me he one time he fixed a s600 :0. and in USA he worked for as the head mechanic at a big dealership here in TX.

so here are my questions:

1) does any one know what might have happened? thermostat? or something?

2 any advice on what to check or what might be wrong?

3) i still don't know how to replaced the gauge screen :/

4) how do i fix the "trunk open " message that keeps popping up. its popping up so much that it steals the space for my car to warn me about other things, like how i didn't know my car was overheating intul the last possible second.

and my theory is that while driving i had a coolant leak all the coolant got out and at some point when there was not anymore coolant, so (spirited driving + no coolant= overheat) but also the problem got worse cause of limp now and even tho my car accelerates it accelerates bad, so what can it be guys?

car as of now, overheats , and limp mode/ bad acceleration/ red warning that says my hood its open even tho its not.

leave ur interesting comments and question below!!
thanks.
btw i wrote a whole story so please don't tell me "learn how to type"
as long as my story got across I'm good, if u have a question let me know.

And yes i am 100% capable of constructing a sentence that is grammatically correct.

Last edited by Benzos4theteam; 03-24-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
I'd make sure he's using the recommended MB coolant. Our cars require a specific coolant. Could have a loose hose somewhere and leaked the fluid out. Did you smell burning of any type?
Old 03-24-2012, 04:41 AM

2001 C320
Originally Posted by phister
I'd make sure he's using the recommended MB coolant. Our cars require a specific coolant. Could have a loose hose somewhere and leaked the fluid out. Did you smell burning of any type?
ha!!!!

thanks for staying that, he (my gf dad) told me that to, so i called MB san antonio around 6 and asked them they said no ?

i was on the phone and asked a guy in the service/ parts departments, he told me no , he said that the only difference is that MB coolant is clear, but then i informed him of the situation. i am using Peak antifreeze (which is the most expensive one), and he said that the one is safe to use. told me all coolants now a days are perfectly ok with aluminum radiators . and he also told me that even if it was all WATER inside or a bad mix of water & coolant theres no reason why the car sound have gone as far to go to limp mode and leave me on the side of the road?

i am to thinking of what you said second.

and burning? burning what , oil? gas? , coolant?

none of the above really, popped the hood and it was just hot it didn't have no smell.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 597 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
MB Coolant is not clear. And Peak is not approved. That said, it won't cause an overheat and it won't put the car in limp mode.

My advice is that you cut your losses and move on. Buying a well kept 2001 C-class is a huge, huge gamble. If you had came here before you bought this car any knowledgable member would have said "don't!". It's the general consensus - ask anyone - that you avoid the 2001-2002 C-class at all costs. Buying one with a questionable past and in not roadworthy condition is pure financial suicide.

If you're going to be stubborn and keep it you better have deep pockets, very deep pockets. You need to find a real mechanic right away. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. This car has issues (obviously) and the previous owner was smart to throw in the towel.

Samaritrey is the owner of a 2001 C320 he's kept in great shape and had little trouble with. He loves his car, but I'm certain he will agree with me that you're going to regret it. You're already $560 in.. you could end up a few thousand dollars into this car over what you've already paid for it and still not have a car that actually works properly.

The hood open error is just the hood sensor. That's another part you'll have to replace but I wouldn't worry about that right now - the hood is going to spend more time open than closed for the forseeable future.

Do yourself a favor, man. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Remember this: Nothing is more expensive than a cheap Mercedes

Last edited by LILBENZ230; 03-24-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
First time I flushed I used MB coolant, this time around I used Valvoline Zerex G-05 coolant. Theres a way of detecting leaking by using a u/v dye they put in the coolant the run a black light over it and the chemical will glow to easily trace the cause.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:06 PM

2001 C320
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
MB Coolant is not clear. And Peak is not approved. That said, it won't cause an overheat and it won't put the car in limp mode.

My advice is that you cut your losses and move on. Buying a well kept 2001 C-class is a huge, huge gamble. If you had came here before you bought this car any knowledgable member would have said "don't!". It's the general consensus - ask anyone - that you avoid the 2001-2002 C-class at all costs. Buying one with a questionable past and in not roadworthy condition is pure financial suicide.

If you're going to be stubborn and keep it you better have deep pockets, very deep pockets. You need to find a real mechanic right away. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. This car has issues (obviously) and the previous owner was smart to throw in the towel.

Samaritrey is the owner of a 2001 C320 he's kept in great shape and had little trouble with. He loves his car, but I'm certain he will agree with me that you're going to regret it. You're already $560 in.. you could end up a few thousand dollars into this car over what you've already paid for it and still not have a car that actually works properly.

The hood open error is just the hood sensor. That's another part you'll have to replace but I wouldn't worry about that right now - the hood is going to spend more time open than closed for the forseeable future.

Do yourself a favor, man. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Remember this: Nothing is more expensive than a cheap Mercedes
lolololololol, im so glad you posted this.

ok first of all the guy that i called at MB of san antonio told me that information so that mistake is on his part.

second what in the hell do you mean cut my loses? lol
is that suppose to incline for me to just dump my car ? lol

anyways deep pockets ? lol if I'm 17 and drive a mercedes then what the heck do you think? that my dad takes the bus everyday? ( not implying anything other than what my second sentence questions)

and u said Im 560$ in? lol first of all where did you get that number ? (but I'm going to ignore it )

so I'm going to tell you something so that you learn to stop putting the most negative comments out there . really bro, u woke me up to the worst notification ever -_-

i am going to admit to the forum how much i paid for my car, yeah i bought it for less, but this was a special auction that only people who own dealerships can go to, this wasn't a police auction or a bank auction . ok?

i bought my car for 4500$

so if i bought my car for 4500$ + 560$ (the number you came up with ) = 5060$ and THAT IS CHEAP AS HELL FOR A GOOD RUNNING , OK mileage MERCEDES. matter of fact my "uncle " the one who owns the dealership says that if i want to sell it , i can park it in his dealer ship and it will sell fast for about 8-9K (thats lower what they go here in san antonio) some go for more but 8-9K will sell fast at that price, actually now that i think about it if i leave there and sell it as a dealership car , i can't actually get MORE.

also guess what ? NO THERE WAS NOTHING BIG WRONG WITH IT! and let me explain.

so i woke up , thanks to you in a negative (-) mood , and your negative (-) comments. so a negative (-) X (times ) a negative (-) = a positive (+) so thanks to you i had a positive day

my GF dad checked out the car and went i went over (driving another car obviously) he had already found the problem! , guess what? THE CAR WAS MISSING THE THERMOSTAT! (yup someone took it out before i got it and it didn't have one at ALL)

and my GF dad also drained the radiator and put nothing but peak antifreeze inside (no water or anything) so i drive to MB benz (in another car of course ) buy a thermostat 68$ go back to his house , he puts it out and turns on the car for like 1:30 (he left it running) at idle. then me and him (me driving) proceed to driving around varies roads (highways and regular road with stop signs) guess what ? the car didn't overheat one BIT!!!! and we drove around for a good while.

i am not stubborn and my mercedes is not cheap (imagine if i would have given up but it turned out it was a 68$ fix LOL , oh and something else positive happene i GOT MY TIEN LOWERING SPRINGS, so i will be getting a drop soon!

so my car works now, and i will post pics soon after she gets a nice car wash and wax (its getting dark right now and i just got home).

thank you lilbenz, and btw i am not hating or trying to start a fight, i am not that kind of person, but you should try reading some books about harnessing the positive energy around you and making the universe work in your favor.

so now what 5128$ for (again adding the 560 you came up with and the 68 for a thermostat) mercedes c320 ? it works fine all i need is :
Put on new LCD (i failed, but will try again) , Oil change, installation of my lowering springs )
and fixing the hood open thing.

but mechanically , the engine is running good and i am happy.

i had some question about my car , but that is later.

for now here are my springs

and like i said pics of my car soon as i get a wash and was

First time I flushed I used MB coolant, this time around I used Valvoline Zerex G-05 coolant. Theres a way of detecting leaking by using a u/v dye they put in the coolant the run a black light over it and the chemical will glow to easily trace the cause.
that is smart, i might have to give that a shot if a problem arises. thanks bro.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:42 PM

c240
Originally Posted by Benzos4theteam

THE CAR WAS MISSING THE THERMOSTAT! (yup someone took it out before i got it and it didn't have one at ALL)

and put nothing but peak antifreeze inside (no water or anything) .
A missing thermostat will not cause overheating but 100% antifreeze (0% water) might.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by Benzos4theteam
lolololololol, im so glad you posted this.

ok first of all the guy that i called at MB of san antonio told me that information so that mistake is on his part.

second what in the hell do you mean cut my loses? lol
is that suppose to incline for me to just dump my car ? lol

anyways deep pockets ? lol if I'm 17 and drive a mercedes then what the heck do you think? that my dad takes the bus everyday? ( not implying anything other than what my second sentence questions)

and u said Im 560$ in? lol first of all where did you get that number ? (but I'm going to ignore it )

so I'm going to tell you something so that you learn to stop putting the most negative comments out there . really bro, u woke me up to the worst notification ever -_-

i am going to admit to the forum how much i paid for my car, yeah i bought it for less, but this was a special auction that only people who own dealerships can go to, this wasn't a police auction or a bank auction . ok?

i bought my car for 4500$

so if i bought my car for 4500$ + 560$ (the number you came up with ) = 5060$ and THAT IS CHEAP AS HELL FOR A GOOD RUNNING , OK mileage MERCEDES. matter of fact my "uncle " the one who owns the dealership says that if i want to sell it , i can park it in his dealer ship and it will sell fast for about 8-9K (thats lower what they go here in san antonio) some go for more but 8-9K will sell fast at that price, actually now that i think about it if i leave there and sell it as a dealership car , i can't actually get MORE.

also guess what ? NO THERE WAS NOTHING BIG WRONG WITH IT! and let me explain.

so i woke up , thanks to you in a negative (-) mood , and your negative (-) comments. so a negative (-) X (times ) a negative (-) = a positive (+) so thanks to you i had a positive day

my GF dad checked out the car and went i went over (driving another car obviously) he had already found the problem! , guess what? THE CAR WAS MISSING THE THERMOSTAT! (yup someone took it out before i got it and it didn't have one at ALL)

and my GF dad also drained the radiator and put nothing but peak antifreeze inside (no water or anything) so i drive to MB benz (in another car of course ) buy a thermostat 68$ go back to his house , he puts it out and turns on the car for like 1:30 (he left it running) at idle. then me and him (me driving) proceed to driving around varies roads (highways and regular road with stop signs) guess what ? the car didn't overheat one BIT!!!! and we drove around for a good while.

i am not stubborn and my mercedes is not cheap (imagine if i would have given up but it turned out it was a 68$ fix LOL , oh and something else positive happene i GOT MY TIEN LOWERING SPRINGS, so i will be getting a drop soon!

so my car works now, and i will post pics soon after she gets a nice car wash and wax (its getting dark right now and i just got home).

thank you lilbenz, and btw i am not hating or trying to start a fight, i am not that kind of person, but you should try reading some books about harnessing the positive energy around you and making the universe work in your favor.

so now what 5128$ for (again adding the 560 you came up with and the 68 for a thermostat) mercedes c320 ? it works fine all i need is :
Put on new LCD (i failed, but will try again) , Oil change, installation of my lowering springs )
and fixing the hood open thing.

but mechanically , the engine is running good and i am happy.

i had some question about my car , but that is later.

for now here are my springs

and like i said pics of my car soon as i get a wash and was

that is smart, i might have to give that a shot if a problem arises. thanks bro.
Whoa bud! Put the cup of Java down and go for a run.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:39 PM

2001 C320
Originally Posted by KalC240
A missing thermostat will not cause overheating but 100% antifreeze (0% water) might.
lol when it overheated on me when i posted this thread, it had no coolant and no thermostat, so the combination of both caused this problem boss. and the coolant was 100% peak, i think its pre deluted ill check if you want me to, but what i mean about (no water ) was to emphasize that he drained the remaining water and didn't add any water (with a hose) to point out that we didn't make our own "uneven mixture"

Originally Posted by jcnash
Whoa bud! Put the cup of Java down and go for a run.
yeah i know right -_- my bad lil benz. its just i have this thing going with negative energy. lol and plus its been a long day if you take this super offensive I'm sorry but I'm sure you and i can be on good terms with no name callings that become swear words.

this is what coke does to you , lol jk

* interesting story , i parked fast @ MB (don't even know if that makes sense). anyways I'm in a hurry i get off the vehicle walking fast,) (dressed lazy, (basketball shorts and a OK tee,) and the employes look at me akward (as if I'm in the wrong place ) one calls me out while walking and says "can i help you with anything " and i go "no I'm good, I'm about to pick up a part for my mercedes" then he back up and say "ok have a good day" its kinda akward now that i think about it they looked at me like I'm an outsider.. everyone else was white and dressed in suits and long sleeves. i walk in there (a 17 year old hispanic dressed like he's about to go play basketball) and they look at me funny .
also some guy cut the line in from of me and i gave him a death stare. lol
Old 03-24-2012, 11:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203
Glad you got it fixed OP.

If you want further help you'd do better to keep it short and concise. The older members with the best advice won't take the time to read the long drawn out posts with unclear information about what exactly was done to the car.

Your posts gave me a headache just to figure out it was missing a thermostat (which I don't understand how that would cause it to overheat, since our thermostats are mechanical that would mean it'd essentially be open the whole time circulating coolant).
Old 03-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Lilbenz is right honestly if I was smart I would sell my car now and move on to something newer but as matt said I love my car and have the money to keep it going if something failed. I keep $2k put away for a major issue with my car and sadly if something big broke that may not cover it. I have one of the higher miles cars on here at 172k and have been very very lucky to have very few issue besides annoying things like one door lock not working right now and having to replace the abs/esp/bas control modular a few months ago which at the dealer would have cost $1200 for the part alone. ( I found one off a wrecked car for $200 but say it was an EIS or a computer that is locked to a vin I would have been screwed) One of the main reasons I don't have issues is that I maintain my car very well which is expensive on its own. I have new flex discs to go on my car as well as a new pulley and belt. and after that I need to start thinking about alternator and water pump and then ac compressor which has been acting up for about a year. So say I do that all this year that will be about $1200 in parts alone at least then the labor to do the stuff I can't lets say $1500 to be nice easy. So I figure 2k this year in maintenance before any issues can you afford that? I am not trying to put you down I am trying to point out that you can easily get in over your head with an older Mercedes and have seen many on here come and go because they can't afford it. Ok I am done good luck to you

Moving back to your issues.

So when the car overheated there was no coolant and no thermostat?
So did he just forget about the coolant or did it leak out where the thermostat should have been.
Either way he is an idiot you knew the car had overheating issues and he didn't check the thermostat? That would be on the top of the list to check out.

So what other suspension work are you doing I would recommend C32 or better Sway bars they help a lot as well as a good shock Please don't reuse the oem luxury shocks.

Last edited by samaritrey; 03-25-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:19 AM

2001 C320
Originally Posted by amanonfire
Glad you got it fixed OP.

If you want further help you'd do better to keep it short and concise. The older members with the best advice won't take the time to read the long drawn out posts with unclear information about what exactly was done to the car.

Your posts gave me a headache just to figure out it was missing a thermostat (which I don't understand how that would cause it to overheat, since our thermostats are mechanical that would mean it'd essentially be open the whole time circulating coolant).
the coolant leaked , and with no thermostat , i guess the problem got even worse.

Originally Posted by samaritrey
Lilbenz is right honestly if I was smart I would sell my car now and move on to something newer but as matt said I love my car and have the money to keep it going if something failed. I keep $2k put away for a major issue with my car and sadly if something big broke that may not cover it. I have one of the higher miles cars on here at 172k and have been very very lucky to have very few issue besides annoying things like one door lock not working right now and having to replace the abs/esp/bas control modular a few months ago which at the dealer would have cost $1200 for the part alone. ( I found one off a wrecked car for $200 but say it was an EIS or a computer that is locked to a vin I would have been screwed) One of the main reasons I don't have issues is that I maintain my car very well which is expensive on its own. I have new flex discs to go on my car as well as a new pulley and belt. and after that I need to start thinking about alternator and water pump and then ac compressor which has been acting up for about a year. So say I do that all this year that will be about $1200 in parts alone at least then the labor to do the stuff I can't lets say $1500 to be nice easy. So I figure 2k this year in maintenance before any issues can you afford that? I am not trying to put you down I am trying to point out that you can easily get in over your head with an older Mercedes and have seen many on here come and go because they can't afford it. Ok I am done good luck to you

Moving back to your issues.

So when the car overheated there was no coolant and no thermostat?
So did he just forget about the coolant or did it leak out where the thermostat should have been.
Either way he is an idiot you knew the car had overheating issues and he didn't check the thermostat? That would be on the top of the list to check out.

So what other suspension work are you doing I would recommend C32 or better Sway bars they help a lot as well as a good shock Please don't reuse the oem luxury shocks.
hey man thanks, and yeah he was right about mercedes could have been expensive, and if i had not gotten lucky and if it was not just the thermostat i would have been in a hole

"So did he just forget about the coolant or did it leak out where the thermostat should have been. "

it leaks out where the thermostat would have been, but I'm not mechanic...

and @lil benz if i came off strong my bad.

and about the money, as humble as i can be, my mom and dad have my back, no i don't go leeching off of them, but my parents just sold a restaurant , have 2 houses , and they have their own company which is operated by me, my sister, my brother in law, and my mom and dad.

and yeah i know how expensive old mercedes can be, i had to replace the transmission , driveshaft, radiator, and all gasket in my older bmw, so i think i may be able to relate. and btw i sold my old BMW for way more than what i bought it for and put into it business blood runs in my family, i have no payed retail for many things in a while..

well I'm at around 5100$ right now with a good working mercedes , we will see how it goes, and your right this car might be to beautiful to get rid of, the aspen green mica is amazing, it look blue, but yet its green :o

if can sell for like 9K and make 4k profit (9k at the auction will get you a 2008 bmw 328 i 6 speed, trust me i saw),( or 3 ok cars ) but i think i will enjoy for a bit, and also i plan to buy a e28/5/4 soon , if i can find one.
i want have multiple cars in case i start selling cars, my goal is to have 3 at the end of the year, probably only 2, unless my dad buys a new truck then he will hand me down his.

for right now, i may have to use the luxury shocks but if i keep it i will eventually replace, i still have money left, and of course i am still working, but there a few things that need to be sorted out, thank you for your advice samaritrey.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
I wouldve went for a set of SS springs and struts instead of the teins imho. They're slightly stiffer then teins are and give the car a nice drop. Plus its OEM!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:14 PM

W203
I wouldve went for a set of SS springs and struts instead of the teins imho. They're slightly stiffer then teins are and give the car a nice drop. Plus its OEM!
and the Teins will sag over time.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 597 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Best of luck to you, .. I don't think I got your name. Is it Kris? That pops to my head for some reason.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:47 PM

C300 4Matic
He can't be too good of a mechanic if he replaced "all" the gaskets and never once checked the thermostat or it's gasket / oring, whichever it has. If the stupid thing was leaking cause it had no thermostat don't you think he would have seen that? A good mechanic would know that head gaskets blow for a reason and you check every damn thing related to the cooling system, I would have expected no less if it took him 3 weeks to fix the car. I understand he was doing you a favor so you have to factor that in but ****ty work is ****ty work.

Definitely not someone I would ever let touch either of my cars. Good luck to you as I suspect it won't stay fixed for long especially with you driving it "spirited" as soon as you pick it up from having "all" the gaskets replaced.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:14 AM

2001 C320
sport suspensions ? don't twins give more of a drop? and your probably right but i bet their more expensive

Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
Best of luck to you, .. I don't think I got your name. Is it Kris? That pops to my head for some reason.
i apologize if i came of wrong, had had a long day, thanks for you kind reply, u earned respect in my book..

Originally Posted by jsbaker
He can't be too good of a mechanic if he replaced "all" the gaskets and never once checked the thermostat or it's gasket / oring, whichever it has. If the stupid thing was leaking cause it had no thermostat don't you think he would have seen that? A good mechanic would know that head gaskets blow for a reason and you check every damn thing related to the cooling system, I would have expected no less if it took him 3 weeks to fix the car. I understand he was doing you a favor so you have to factor that in but ****ty work is ****ty work.

Definitely not someone I would ever let touch either of my cars. Good luck to you as I suspect it won't stay fixed for long especially with you driving it "spirited" as soon as you pick it up from having "all" the gaskets replaced.
your right about checking everything related to the cooling system.
and well now he did , nothing more to worry about.
its not really his job, he did it as a favor. like seriously his wife has been a nurse for 25+ years he doesn't have a job because he doesn't need one. i can't can't complain bro altought i to got frustrated at time.l it was worth it in the end

and does "spirited " count if you were on "W" the whole time? but couldn't tell cause ur screen is faded? lololol

but seriously, thank you for your kind words.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
They actually drop about the same. You can find a used set of ss suspension in the classifieds for around 200 or so.