C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

BOSE upgrade in Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K Sport Coupe
BOSE upgrade in Coupe

Hiya all... When I first got my coupe, I purchased a BOSE system from someone who upgraded his coupe to an aftermarket system. I have since found that I will have to retrofit the entire factory stock audio harness with a factory MB BOSE harness. I have the part numbers and the person I purchased the BOSE from assured me that it will work (he checked with his MB tech).

My question... has anyone done this? I have ordered the harness and am about to go for it. A buddy of mine is a car stereo dealer and pro installer, so I have a great place to work... but before I make the jump to light speed, I want to be sure that it is worth the effort. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!:p
Old 03-23-2003, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 Sedan
To tell you the truth the bose in the C-coupe isn't anything special... i've been in a stock non-bose c-coupe before and it's really only noticeable when the volume is really loud..... Did you pay a good chunk for the bose system?... if not then i recommend going after market..... if you did, sorry i didn't answer your question.... just giving ya my 2 cents...
Old 03-23-2003, 11:52 PM

C- 230 Kompressor,C2,C7,Black,JL sub,A/D/S/ amps,Alpine hu and changer
If you want your stereo to sound a little better get the Audio 10, if you want it sound really nice go with a after market hu
Old 03-24-2003, 12:33 AM

C230K Sport Coupe
Not looking for audio10 to 30 comparisons.. or aftermarket advice... only looking for advice from those who have attempted, or accomplished what I am about to try. The reason that I bought the used BOSE was that I want to keep the coupe stock. I had BOSE in my SLK, and while it sounded OK... it didn't really impress me as much as other upgraded "Premium" factory audio systems I have heard, and I am not expecting more from the coupe BOSE. Just want to know if I am wasting my time as the harness swap will be a big deal. I used to be an AudioPhool, and have done car stereo to death. I got my Coupe used (5k) and it was equipped with a stock Audio30 (hence the upgrade).

Thank you for your BOSE sound comments.... it does make me look forward to installing what I have.

Cheers!

BTW... it is really sad that MB provides a BOSE upgrade for the coupe that sounds (by many descriptions I have read) mediocre at best. I recently tested an 2003 Audi A4 with BOSE and was very impressed for a factory installed system. Good range... good bass... sounded nice.