C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sunroof = completly sol

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 c230k Coupe
Sunroof = completly sol

So was on a road trip today. Fiance decided while I was in the store grabbing a drink to "see if the sunroof works yet" *Previously I thought I was having a sync issue* So, sure enough it opens all the way up, sweet deal. Get up the road, sky starts to look like its daring to rain so I go to close it.. no dice.. just grindage. I pull forward and hit switch and it reluctantly begins to move then wont pop down. Finally get to destination and find many broken plastic parts in the track.. After messing with the manual crank and such for 2 hours can get it almost completely closed but its only 98% down and its not sealed so when you close the door the air pressure pops it up and it goes back down. I dont know what the hell to do, I am sure the ****cedes customer service will want to charge me 2grand to install a new sunroof and I am 3k miles out of my warrenty. Any suggestions from anyone? I am completely lost at this point.

Matt
Old 08-16-2007, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Get instructions on how to remove and reinstall the sunroof
remove inside liner
remove sunroof
determine what mechanisms are broken, replace and reinstall sunroof.
It should not be very hard

or take a look at what it would cost to replace the entire meachnism and just order it and replace it. Synchro the sunroof when you are done

If it takes multiple days due to unavailability of parts right away, you can secure the sunroof a number of ways - ask a service tech what they would do or try a few things that would be only visible if you peaked underneath the headliner.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
If you want to just get it closed, look up my name and how to close a stuck sunroof. I used a Dewalt Cordless Drill to make the F-er close.

What is the process for the synch that you did?

E
Old 04-13-2010, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 GLE53C4
How did you finally get this fixed?

Originally Posted by Telefrag
So was on a road trip today. Fiance decided while I was in the store grabbing a drink to "see if the sunroof works yet" *Previously I thought I was having a sync issue* So, sure enough it opens all the way up, sweet deal. Get up the road, sky starts to look like its daring to rain so I go to close it.. no dice.. just grindage. I pull forward and hit switch and it reluctantly begins to move then wont pop down. Finally get to destination and find many broken plastic parts in the track.. After messing with the manual crank and such for 2 hours can get it almost completely closed but its only 98% down and its not sealed so when you close the door the air pressure pops it up and it goes back down. I dont know what the hell to do, I am sure the ****cedes customer service will want to charge me 2grand to install a new sunroof and I am 3k miles out of my warrenty. Any suggestions from anyone? I am completely lost at this point.

Matt
I just had the same thing happen to me last night. Sunroof opened the whole way and when I went to close it, it nearly closed the whole way. From the "tilt" position, the right side would close the whole way, but the driver's side wouldn't and it started making the light "jackhammer/grinding" noise that others have referred too. I found a little piece of plastic that clearly broke off laying by the track. Any idea how in the world I can get this to close. I've promised myself that I won't spend another dime on this vehicle (above regular maintenance) and just want to get the thing closed!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230K Sedan
Sorry to hear about this problem you're experiencing. I was just browsing through Craigslist and found this if either one of you wants to jump on it!!!! http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/1688607256.html