C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: Disregarding price, which car would you pick?
Mercedes-Benz C320 Sport Sedan
40.70%
BMW 330i with Performance Package
59.30%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Which car would you pick?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
*BUMP!*

Keep the votes comin'!
Old 07-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Guest0001

this is an unfair comparison

the bmw performance package is basically 4 door M3

and even comparison would be

330i sport----- has more sport, little luxury

c320 sport ----has more luxury, little sport

you want talk about quality???

go to the bmw boards see how many of them complain about there sunroofs, window, RATTLES, interior breaking off, etc.

its worst then mercedes. im too lazy to find the link on e46fanatics but trust me.

mercedes may not be that great, but bmw is worst.

you think we have bad stereo and leather? lol check out bmws leather and harmon kardon.

its amazing how much bull**** car and driver, comsumer reports, and JD power associates praise the 3 series when infact it has more issues then mercedes

you know they choose it? because as Frank said, its funner to driver/

so again if you want a smooth cruiser get mercedes

and if you want a more sporty car which is very rough but yet comfortable enough get bmw

Old 07-29-2003, 11:33 PM
Guest0001

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...0&pagenumber=2

and here is nice little thread about the problems bmw drivers have.

enjoy
Old 07-29-2003, 11:48 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I had these three problem with my 2000 328Ci before.

- sunroof cover came off
- driver door weather stripping 3 times under warranty
- rear deck rattle

that's about it.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by noblert10
this is an unfair comparison

the bmw performance package is basically 4 door M3

and even comparison would be

330i sport----- has more sport, little luxury

c320 sport ----has more luxury, little sport

you want talk about quality???

go to the bmw boards see how many of them complain about there sunroofs, window, RATTLES, interior breaking off, etc.

its worst then mercedes. im too lazy to find the link on e46fanatics but trust me.

mercedes may not be that great, but bmw is worst.

you think we have bad stereo and leather? lol check out bmws leather and harmon kardon.

its amazing how much bull**** car and driver, comsumer reports, and JD power associates praise the 3 series when infact it has more issues then mercedes

you know they choose it? because as Frank said, its funner to driver/

so again if you want a smooth cruiser get mercedes

and if you want a more sporty car which is very rough but yet comfortable enough get bmw

330i sport----- has more sport, little luxury. thats why i took the BMW because of the performance. when i compare the two car i look at the styling then performance. Im not arguing or puting anyones car down so dont start with the flames. I like MB more than BMW but i would take the 3 over the C
Old 07-30-2003, 10:25 AM

you guys keep talking about quality, and i dont think thats why people buy an MB and a BMW. well some people buy it to show how much $$$ they have, or to pretend they have $$$. But the main reason that people buy MB and BMW is the way the car feels when your driving it. I have driven many different cars from SC 400 to 740 il to s 500 325 M5 many many different cars and there is a big deference with the German and Japanese car. when in a german car its like the car has a soul you just feel like your part of the car but i never got that feeling from other car. the cars are built with more passion and i think thats what makes them great. I even got the same feeling with bikes the Japanese bikes all feel the same but when on a ducati its like a totaly different feeling. what do you guys think?
Old 07-30-2003, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Originally posted by Jim Banville
What survey? The JD Power one that said that you may have 1.95 problems in your Mercedes for every 1 problem in a Lexus (the most reliable car on the survey)?
ummmm duh......that's TWICE AS MANY PROBS !!!!

I voted for the BIMMER hands down - perf and overal looks...the 18's are nice !
Old 07-30-2003, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
ummmm duh......that's TWICE AS MANY PROBS !!!!
And...? Twice as many as what? Lexus? He's not considering Lexus. He's considering MB and BMW. BMW has something like 1.65 problems per every 1 Lexus problem. MY POINT is that MB quality isn't bad when you consider that it only has slightly less than 2 problems for every 1 problem in the most reliable car in that survey. People would lead him and others to believe that a typical MB has MANY more problems than the typical "Japanese" car, which that survey cleary refutes. And MB only has only slightly more problems than BMW, according to that survey.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by Xpeed
you guys keep talking about quality, and i dont think thats why people buy an MB and a BMW. well some people buy it to show how much $$$ they have, or to pretend they have $$$. But the main reason that people buy MB and BMW is the way the car feels when your driving it. I have driven many different cars from SC 400 to 740 il to s 500 325 M5 many many different cars and there is a big deference with the German and Japanese car. when in a german car its like the car has a soul you just feel like your part of the car but i never got that feeling from other car. the cars are built with more passion and i think thats what makes them great. I even got the same feeling with bikes the Japanese bikes all feel the same but when on a ducati its like a totaly different feeling. what do you guys think?
yep

bought mine for the show factor mostly and a comfortable ride...nothing wrong with that
Old 07-30-2003, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by noblert10
yep

bought mine for the show factor mostly and a comfortable ride...nothing wrong with that
so are you one of those guys that go up and down on glenoks all by yourself to show that you have a MB
Old 07-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by Xpeed
so are you one of those guys that go up and down on glenoks all by yourself to show that you have a MB
actually no i am hardly on glenoaks, infact i try to avoid it at all costs. and i laugh at people who do 5,6 laps on glenoaks witht here cheap sound system.

to be honest i dont attract that much attention to myself(the car by itself does that, so i dont have to), if i turn up my music and its really loud, then my windows are up.

but i do go on sunset and ventura a lot with friends

Last edited by Guest0001; 07-30-2003 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
I'd go with the 330. I would be hesitant to keep the BMW or the Merc past their Warranty though.