MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203-3/)
-   -   water leak in drivers footwell missing rubber pieces i think?? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/529637-water-leak-drivers-footwell-missing-rubber-pieces-i-think.html)

muckymarshall 02-02-2014 09:24 AM

water leak in drivers footwell missing rubber pieces i think??

2 Attachment(s)
hello my car is a 2005 c270 cdi elegance.

i have some water leaking into driver footwell, i have had a look at drains (including under fuse box) and they are fine. The grommet for the bonnet release cable looks a bit cracky but i am wondering if my problem is the missing piece of rubber on the windscreen on the drivers side?
Attachment 277878
the piece on the passenger side looks like this
Attachment 277877
whats its name and where can i get one?
if it is my grommet on the bonnet release cable what kind of price is that to replace?

many thanks

femre 09-21-2014 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by muckymarshall (Post 5928002)
hello my car is a 2005 c270 cdi elegance.

i have some water leaking into driver footwell, i have had a look at drains (including under fuse box) and they are fine. The grommet for the bonnet release cable looks a bit cracky but i am wondering if my problem is the missing piece of rubber on the windscreen on the drivers side?
Attachment 277878
the piece on the passenger side looks like this
Attachment 277877
whats its name and where can i get one?
if it is my grommet on the bonnet release cable what kind of price is that to replace?

many thanks

up.
I also need this part. does anyone know its part number?

oversleep 01-12-2016 07:35 AM

Hi
Did you find out about the rubber part number?

wvadam 01-12-2016 12:20 PM

do you do your own oil changes? there is a drain tube near the oil filter that sometimes doesn't get pushed on enough / comes loose as the filter is removed.

Ive had this problem before and drivers side used to FILL with water.

oversleep 01-12-2016 12:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by wvadam (Post 6673319)
do you do your own oil changes? there is a drain tube near the oil filter that sometimes doesn't get pushed on enough / comes loose as the filter is removed.

Ive had this problem before and drivers side used to FILL with water.

Which drain hole are you mentioned? please see the attachment.

wvadam 01-15-2016 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by oversleep (Post 6673366)
Which drain hole are you mentioned? please see the attachment.

for me 215 was not pushed in all the way. also sometimes the tube will get clogged. pushed up.

rebus 01-26-2016 04:57 PM

Same here,any news on the missing rubber

WaveyKat 01-27-2016 01:36 PM

the water trickle down from the hood release cable.. there should be rubber grommet there sometimes it comes out you need to push it in and use some silicone sealer to keep it in place

oversleep 01-27-2016 02:14 PM

After went through images and confirmation from other w203 owner, there is NO missing rubber. There is only a small piece of rubber on passenger side.

wvadam 01-27-2016 08:39 PM

All I can say is do whatevery you have to do to fix it. In my car, water leaked in that area and got to the dash board and into the headlight switch. It corroded the wire connector and rusted the pins off into the connector. Just thank god it defaults to the auto mode and my headlights turn on when it gets dark.

Its one of those things that if you ignore it long enough and just 'put up with it' it will cause you more problems down the road.