C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Few Questions - Brakes, Balance Shaft, Heating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230
Few Questions - Brakes, Balance Shaft, Heating

Hi. I'm new to the forums. I've had my 07 C230 for a little over a year now and have frequently read these forums. This is my first post because I can't find a sufficient answer to my questions.

First, I am trying to replace my front rotors and pads due to some vibration under braking. I ordered a set of rotors from Partsgeek.com that said they were for the front of an 07 C230. When I got them, they were much smaller than the rotors already on the car. These are the ones I ordered.

http://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?i=1&ssq=USR895&x=0&y=0

It says they are 10.2 inches but from what I've been able to find I believe mine are supposed to be 12.8 inches. Please correct me if I am wrong. Are these rotors possibly for the back or was there some other set of rotors that was installed on the 07 C230 at some point?

Second question. I pulled up my VIN in EPC to check if I was within the range for the balance shaft issues. I don't believe that I am but I wanted to make sure because, again, I've found somewhat vague information. My VIN is WDBRF52H87F919613 and it comes up with engine number 272.920 30 576973. I'm pretty sure that is outside of the range for the balance shaft issues as I've seen the range as anything below 2729..30 468993. The only reason I wish to verify there is because it only has the 2729 and not the ful 272.920 at the start.

One last question, I replaced the thermostat in December after it got stuck open and it seems to work fine most of the time. One thing I noticed was the heat would cool off when I was sitting at idle speeds but then heat back up when the car is moving. The temp adjustment knobs don't seem to be working accurately either. I seemingly have to have it either all the way hot or all the way cold to have much effect on the temperature that the system puts out. What might cause that?

Thanks for any answers you guys might have.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 c230SS
Did you try this for the temp adjustment? https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...imatronic.html
just a suggestion
Old 04-02-2014, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230 SS 6MT
Originally Posted by ajkeence99
Hi. I'm new to the forums. I've had my 07 C230 for a little over a year now and have frequently read these forums. This is my first post because I can't find a sufficient answer to my questions.

First, I am trying to replace my front rotors and pads due to some vibration under braking. I ordered a set of rotors from Partsgeek.com that said they were for the front of an 07 C230. When I got them, they were much smaller than the rotors already on the car. These are the ones I ordered.

http://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?i=1&ssq=USR895&x=0&y=0

It says they are 10.2 inches but from what I've been able to find I believe mine are supposed to be 12.8 inches. Please correct me if I am wrong. Are these rotors possibly for the back or was there some other set of rotors that was installed on the 07 C230 at some point?

Second question. I pulled up my VIN in EPC to check if I was within the range for the balance shaft issues. I don't believe that I am but I wanted to make sure because, again, I've found somewhat vague information. My VIN is WDBRF52H87F919613 and it comes up with engine number 272.920 30 576973. I'm pretty sure that is outside of the range for the balance shaft issues as I've seen the range as anything below 2729..30 468993. The only reason I wish to verify there is because it only has the 2729 and not the ful 272.920 at the start.

One last question, I replaced the thermostat in December after it got stuck open and it seems to work fine most of the time. One thing I noticed was the heat would cool off when I was sitting at idle speeds but then heat back up when the car is moving. The temp adjustment knobs don't seem to be working accurately either. I seemingly have to have it either all the way hot or all the way cold to have much effect on the temperature that the system puts out. What might cause that?

Thanks for any answers you guys might have.

For your brake issues, you have to check if your car is optioned with either 949 (sport package) or 950 (AMG sport package) - it sounds like your is but confirm it by looking at your vehicle data card in EPC. Mine is, so I purchased the following from Parts Geek:

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2007/mercedes/c230/brake/brake_rotor.html?brand=zimmermann_coated

*note: I bought the fronts only. You'll have to exchange the ones you bought, along with the pads. I went with Zimmermann coated & cross-drilled rotors all around with OEM MB brake pads.