C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Finally got my HID's to work!!! WITH NO DEALER ACTIVATION!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 - W163
Finally got my HID's to work!!! WITH NO DEALER ACTIVATION!!

Well, some of you know that us NJ guys have had some big problems with having our dealers activate our xenon lights, no one would do it. I took my truck to the place where I bought my 8000k HID's from to see what they could do, I've taken my ML320 to them 4 times previously to figure it out, and we kept getting the flickering effect when the engine was turned on. No dice, so after spending an hour and half on the phone, he thinks he got it. He called me down, and in no time we had them working, no flickering what so ever. They wired the headlights directly to the battery with a relay switch in between. This way, the headlights get full power, but the power is only turned on when the relay switch is turned on. In this case, when the parking lights are activated, the relay switch is activated and thus the headlights are activated with full power directly from the battery. So basically, they hooked up my HID's to my parking lights and boom, they work perfectly, and I keep getting compliments from everyone, even people who dont know what xenon lights are... "dude your lights look so dope!" They guys at Mother's rocks, and I reccomend you contact them if you still have trouble, they area great group of guys and do the job right. I'll post pics soon!
Old 03-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Cheater, cheater, cheater.

I do believe a similar shortcut was posted once before but I'm too lazy to . :p