MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203-3/)
-   -   how to reset malfuntion... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/70561-how-reset-malfuntion.html)

pookie 05-21-2004 09:46 PM

how to reset malfuntion...

i couldn't find it through search.

basically, the brake lamp has been replaced and i don't feel like making another trip to dealer to clear this error. is there a way i can do this myself. so far, i tried putting the display on the 'malfunction' screen and press reset and no results. any other ideas?

MJ50 05-21-2004 10:37 PM

i also had 1 malfunction for bad bulb.
replaced the bulb and malfunction msg was cleared automatically.

SUNILP 05-22-2004 12:03 AM

you should not have to reset anything at all. When the bulb is replaced with a good one, the message goes away.

02Impressor 05-22-2004 03:21 AM

I got a permanent MALFUNCTION but that's because my Teleaid is disabled. Other then that it shouldn't show you malfunctions for things that work. :confused:

shtatc 05-22-2004 08:50 AM

I have had the same tail light malfunction mesage come on off and on for the last year or so. First they replaced the bulb - no change. Then they replaced the entire light housing - this was done last summer. Last week - the tail lamp malfunction message came on again - they replaced the wiring harness. It seem like when the weather gets hot - the car's wiring does not like it - seems like all my electronic gremlins come out in the summer. But the thing is - the message would clear itself and then come on maybe a day or two later, then off for awhile.

Brunelleschi 05-22-2004 10:05 AM

Are you sure you replaced the bad bulb with a good bulb?

pookie 05-22-2004 07:18 PM

well. i have no idea what is going on. i'll check it out again on monday. (too much work going on right now)

SF_Benz 05-24-2004 02:53 AM

I have 1 malfunction because my Teleaid is disabled. Is there any way to turn this off, or do I have to go to the dealer to clear the malfunction?

pookie 05-24-2004 10:06 PM

Originally posted by SF_Benz
I have 1 malfunction because my Teleaid is disabled. Is there any way to turn this off, or do I have to go to the dealer to clear the malfunction?
i think you need the dealer for this.

pookie 05-24-2004 10:07 PM

btw, i complained to MBUSA and they got the local dealer to take off the warning. they wanted money for it :rolleyes:

SF_Benz 05-25-2004 03:19 AM

How much did they charge you to remove the malfunction warning?

pookie 05-25-2004 05:47 AM

Originally posted by SF_Benz
How much did they charge you to remove the malfunction warning?
i don't know the exact price, but there was a huge misunderstanding between what happened at the accident that the insurance company didn't want to cover it. i said this whole thing is BS just for a brake light. called MBUSA and they took care of it.