C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Brake Light Switch driving me batty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 Ml320
Brake Light Switch driving me batty

I recently bought a rather neglected 2003 c320 4matic wagon with brake issues. I replaced the front calipers, rotors, and pads and put a few shake-down miles on it when a brake line gave way. I limped home with it and parked it for a few days until I could get to it. Now I can't get the car out of park. I did some quick research and ordered a replacement brake light switch. After tearing the bottom cover of the dash off, I located the mounting bracket for the brake light switch, but there is no brake light switch mounted to the bracket and I can't find the wiring and plug tucked in there anywhere. I have a later-VIN car and am wondering how I can determine if mine was one produced without the pedal switch, and if not does anyone have any idea what color wires I should be looking for? My ABS and SRS lights are both on, and now that the brake line has burst I have a brake fluid workshop warning and the brake light is on. What a mess!