C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I NEED a C-Spot Discount Coupon !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
................ Bell Helicopter & '05 C230 SS
I NEED a C-Spot Discount Coupon !!

In Puerto Rico they don't do the Coupon tour and we have to pay whatever we can haggle. Only difference is that there are about 4 or 5 good independent dealers out there that aren't MB dealers but bring cars in from the states and have some type of discount because they sell them brand new for less than the MB dealer and the MB dealer still gives all warranty. I figure it's that the MB dealer here overcharges so much that these independents can buy them in the states, pay the shipping and import taxes and STILL make a profit selling UNDER the MB Dealer's price !! Incredible right ?

Anyway, if anyone has one of those discount coupons and isn't going to use it, PLEASE let me know if you can help me out to buy mine !

Thanks,

Carlos
Old 09-04-2004, 09:59 AM
Banned

But will those independent dealers offer service or waranty? My friend bought his car from a similar dealership. they told him that the car comes with international waranty for one year and the official MB dealer should treat it as if it was bought from them and check it at their garage and so on.
well, of course my friend got screwed... and that international waranty expired only four months from the date he bought the car (cuz its effective date is the day that the dealer bought that car from germany. and you never know how long that car been sitting in the dealership!)
Old 09-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Banned

Yes , I'm sorry your friend got screwed but here the MB Dealer does all the warranty because no matter where you buy the car, it's still a MB and the law here says that if you are an exclusive dealer than you HAVE to give warranty no matter where the car comes from.

You're right, the only thing you have to watch out for is the date is was sold by the original MB dealer. If you buy from a independant dealer that bought the car in the states, it can still be new but it might have been initially sold in the states 5 or 6 months ago and that means you just lost 5 or 6 months of warranty & it doesn't matter that you just bought it today and it has 20 miles on it. It's the date the MB dealer sold it that counts, not when you bought it.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
True, but *oil change* does have a point. You might want to check out that international warranty a little closer. MB definitely can turn around and pull that one on you. PR is territory, I believe that is the term, and therefore might not enjoy the legal protection of statehood and all that goes along with it. Therefore it could fall under a different heading. $0.02
Old 09-04-2004, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blimp
you guys are also forgetting the fact that these coupons can only be used through a dealership that uses MB credit...
Old 09-04-2004, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Originally Posted by Sauceboy01
you guys are also forgetting the fact that these coupons can only be used through a dealership that uses MB credit...
Agreed! And why not use your credit union? You had a good job as a pilot, a history of nice cars....................
Old 09-04-2004, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
does the helo have free washes and cookies too!
Old 09-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Banned

Yes the credit union has offered me 1.9% but if I go buy it with the coupon I save $1500, turn around and pay it off the 1st month and refinance through my credit union. It would all be done over the 'net in a few hours. $1500 divided by a couple of hours is a good pay day....

Also, Puerto Rico has all the same federal laws as the states and enjoys everything like in the states EXCEPT WE DON'T PAY FEDERAL INCOME TAX, so I think it's pretty cool here. I was born and raised in the states but came to retire here because it's great here.

Also MB here uses MB credit & it's not international warranty, it's normal because Puerto Rico is under MBUSA. Like I said, it's all the same here no matter what the political status of the island is.

Carlos

PS: The helo DOES have free washes & cookies. The mecanic does the washes and the FBO does the cookies. I just fly and eat the cookies when they're the kind I like.