C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Learn some kool stuff in my C240 this weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 MB C240 6spd / '92 BMW 325i 5spd
Talking Learn some kool stuff in my C240 this weekend

When I was detailing my car this weekend I found out some pretty kool stuff that I didnt know.

When I was vacuming the rear carpets I saw a little tab by the rear seat belts. I thought it was there for decoration by just being curious I pull the tab and the bottom rear seat fold foward. I thought that was bas ***!!!

Then I was taking all the dust from my dashboard. Lately I've been driving with the windows open and in S. Florida theres dust for days. Anywho, when I was wiping down the radio I pushed the volume button in by accident and the radio came on without having the key in. That was kool!!!

After getting these two discoveries I started thinking what else that this car have that I dont know. Then I thought let play around with the key. When I held the open door button for a second the windows and the sunroof opened I was like "Oh Sh*t!!! " I felt like I won the lottery or something. I always wanted to open and close the windows with a remote. But its wierd do I have to keep the button held for it to close or could it do it automaticly (Do I have to program it?). Is this a standard feature or did the previous owner purchased a package?

Is there anything else that I dont know that this car can do?
I know it have the auto windsheild wipers, little fridge (center console when the a/c is on), the headlight washers (looks like that I'm spraying nos on the hwy. my friends love that)

Oh I keep forgeting to ask. My car is a '02 and it came w/ a Motorola Time-Port. My question is the Time-Port came out to the public like in '98 and my car is a '02 shouldn't I have the V60? Can I just upgrade the phone to the new Motorola V80 but just changing the conneting cord (its the same connections like the V600) or do I have to change the complete assembly which I know is very expensive.

Thanks for any responses.

PeRcY
Old 11-09-2004, 10:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
Originally Posted by YoYiTo
When I was detailing my car this weekend I found out some pretty kool stuff that I didnt know.

When I was vacuming the rear carpets I saw a little tab by the rear seat belts. I thought it was there for decoration by just being curious I pull the tab and the bottom rear seat fold foward. I thought that was bas ***!!!

Then I was taking all the dust from my dashboard. Lately I've been driving with the windows open and in S. Florida theres dust for days. Anywho, when I was wiping down the radio I pushed the volume button in by accident and the radio came on without having the key in. That was kool!!!

After getting these two discoveries I started thinking what else that this car have that I dont know. Then I thought let play around with the key. When I held the open door button for a second the windows and the sunroof opened I was like "Oh Sh*t!!! " I felt like I won the lottery or something. I always wanted to open and close the windows with a remote. But its wierd do I have to keep the button held for it to close or could it do it automaticly (Do I have to program it?). Is this a standard feature or did the previous owner purchased a package?

Is there anything else that I dont know that this car can do?
I know it have the auto windsheild wipers, little fridge (center console when the a/c is on), the headlight washers (looks like that I'm spraying nos on the hwy. my friends love that)

PeRcY

Another trick is to open what is sometimes referred to us seasoned folk as a glove box. What you will find is a mysterious looking book named the "Operator's Manual."

Many more great adventures await you if you decide to read it..

Last edited by respdoc; 11-09-2004 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
open your windows and hold down recirc button. The windows will all close. "tunnel Mode"
Old 11-09-2004, 12:28 PM

Black/Black E : Pewter/Black G Wagen
Originally Posted by respdoc
Another trick is to open what is sometimes referred to us seasoned folk as a glove box. What you will find is a mysterious looking book named the "Operator's Manual."

Bwuhahahahahaha!!! So True
Old 11-09-2004, 01:09 PM

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Originally Posted by YoYiTo

Please note that fold down rear seats is an option!

So before other readers post questions as why their cars don't do this or that they can't find the "tab", please follow the advice of respdoc.

Last edited by jlm003; 11-09-2004 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz
I love my ski bag... even though I don't ski, still a nice thing to have when you are bringing home long pieces of trim from homo depot and you don't own a truck.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:36 PM

c240
to close all your windows including the sunroof just hold down the lock button and they will magically close
Old 11-10-2004, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally Posted by respdoc

LOL!!! no kidding.

way to many little tricks to try and remember, once you learn them though youll remember.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:35 AM

'02 MB C240 6spd / '92 BMW 325i 5spd
I like everyones funny sense of humor . It's funny.

I never got the Owner's Manual from the dealer when I purchased the car. Its been about 3 months already and they havent rcvd the '02 manual yet.

respdoc: you're right about the glovebox . Not using as an excuse I put up this thread when I wasnt thinking straight because I was in programming class that day.

I called the dealer about the owner's manual and they said it will arrive on friday. Makes no sense though, taking 3 months for owner's manual .

Thanks again.