MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   w204 how can I get it cheaper (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/162574-w204-how-can-i-get-cheaper.html)

Ecin 09-12-2006 01:51 PM

w204 how can I get it cheaper

I've seen many post that people paid less than $5000 of MSRP How can I get this? I want to put a lot of options on the car and wheels. At retail I'm getting really close to 50k for a C-class. I want a custom built C350 how can I get it for close to invoice price? I'm willing to wait for it to be done. I don't want a car off the lot. How long does it usually take so they can build the car you want? European delivery or Domestic. Thx

advans 09-12-2006 03:12 PM

well I guess it depends if you bought any cars from the dealer.

My family have purchased 5 from a sales manager and have also been the middle man for a handful of other buys.

but a W204 I doubt u can see anything very close to invoice. expect it at a little bit under MSRP. new models, they rarely do discounts. unless you wait for the year end sale of the 2008s, but again....you want a custom 350

Justford0099 09-12-2006 04:18 PM

hey i was wonderin if could get a discount on the new 2025 C-class. how much do you think they will cost? :confused:

sdsilverm3 09-12-2006 05:48 PM

Your best bet in receiving a good price cut is to wait and not be one of the first in line for one.

Ecin 09-12-2006 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Justford0099 (Post 1752742)
hey i was wonderin if could get a discount on the new 2025 C-class. how much do you think they will cost? :confused:

Your sarcasm is weak.

Thanks to everyone else for your replies. It doesn't matter I'll pay MSRP, but if I'm able to save, I'll do that.

benzc230wz 09-12-2006 11:18 PM

I got mine within about 2 months from the day I ordered it. West coast delivery is probably a week longer.

Buellwinkle 09-13-2006 02:54 PM

The W204's will probably sell for list price for a few months, maybe a year before they start discounting it. I remember when the W203 came out, it sold for list for about a year. Same with the new 330i the past year or so, no big discounts to be had.

CMSW202 09-13-2006 10:15 PM

best time to haggle at the dealership is reaaaaally early in the morning.

the best time of the year to buy a car is in december. most dealerships are offering ridiculous deals at this time.

come prepared. do research online and get combareable pricing from several sources. if you have to, play hardball. you'll be surprised. even if these dealers are shaving off 5k from the msrp, they'll still profit. don't be afraid to walk out mid conversation w/ a salesman if they don't want to deal.

Justford0099 09-13-2006 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ecin (Post 1752935)
Your sarcasm is weak.

Thanks to everyone else for your replies. It doesn't matter I'll pay MSRP, but if I'm able to save, I'll do that.

:smash:

Moviela 09-14-2006 03:14 AM

You can consider European Delivery. You get the car built as you like it, get to drive on the Autobahn, and visit the factory to collect your car. You can take 7% off MSRP for most models, and there is no delivery fee, it is included in the price. You still owe state tax and license. If you shop all dealers, someone might toss in an Alpine hotel package as well. Luftansa had some two for one deals on airfare for people taking ED.

amdeutsch 09-14-2006 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Moviela (Post 1754576)
Lufthansa had some two for one deals on airfare for people taking ED.

Not quite. You still have to pay all the taxes and fees for the second ticket.

Moviela 09-14-2006 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch (Post 1754635)
Not quite. You still have to pay all the taxes and fees for the second ticket.

You are correct, and they are not like the past where $ 3.00 covered it. My last flight to Berlin had almost $ 300.00 in taxes and fees.

Ecin 09-15-2006 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Moviela (Post 1754576)
You can consider European Delivery. You get the car built as you like it, get to drive on the Autobahn, and visit the factory to collect your car. You can take 7% off MSRP for most models, and there is no delivery fee, it is included in the price. You still owe state tax and license. If you shop all dealers, someone might toss in an Alpine hotel package as well. Luftansa had some two for one deals on airfare for people taking ED.

I have to work, Can you still get Euro Delivery with out having to go overthere? or No?

amdeutsch 09-16-2006 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ecin (Post 1756283)
I have to work, Can you still get Euro Delivery with out having to go overthere? or No?

:rolf:

Moviela 09-16-2006 02:48 PM

You can buy a European Delivery car without picking the car yourself. It is a bit complicated, and not every dealer is aware it can be done, and really only do European Delivery if there is no way to sell you a car in stock.

There are several dealers who sponsor this forum, you give them a jingle and see what they can do.

You can make the trip in three days. My favorite is the overnight flight leaving Sunday to Frankfort. You can get a connection to a train that takes you to the factory. MB gives you a taxi coupon from the train station. Collect the car, have lunch at the factory, then burn Autobahn back to Frankfort, drop the car at EH Harms (freight forwarder) and hop a flight home. You can be back Tuesday. Who doesn't have that kind of time?

amdeutsch 09-16-2006 02:58 PM

Actually I prefer the Saturday flight and get there Sunday. Stay in the free hotel provided courtesy of MB, have free breakfast on Monday as well. Then get the free Taxi on Monday to pick up your car and free lunch. Drive to FRANKFURT, well actually Waldorf, to drop of your car. Depending on flight and location you could possibly make it back to the US prior to midnight. But you may land after midnight, but still in time to get to work on Tuesday morning.

MBNorCal 03-01-2007 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ecin (Post 1752590)
I've seen many post that people paid less than $5000 of MSRP How can I get this? I want to put a lot of options on the car and wheels. At retail I'm getting really close to 50k for a C-class. I want a custom built C350 how can I get it for close to invoice price? I'm willing to wait for it to be done. I don't want a car off the lot. How long does it usually take so they can build the car you want? European delivery or Domestic. Thx

can you show me the links on getting 2008 c-class for $5000 off? i'm totally in for this. i have a company so i'm planning to buy about 20 of them.

Sauceboy01 03-01-2007 08:37 PM

This thread makes me feel like I had a stroke a 6 months of my life have passed.

All of this is a little pre-mature... no? :slap:

Sauceboy01 03-01-2007 08:43 PM

Ecin, are you talking about the current w203 or the upcoming w204.. i dont get it.

MBNorCal 03-02-2007 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sauceboy01 (Post 2051750)
Ecin, are you talking about the current w203 or the upcoming w204.. i dont get it.

if he is , mercedes stop making w203 fow awhile now. what you see in inventory and on the ships are the last batch.
:y

MBNUT1 12-16-2007 07:47 PM

deleted by moderator
Ok how would that work? I would think that Mercedes would expect the buyer to pick up the car. How would the buyer be guarenteed that the car wouldn't be damaged or that he would ever see it for that matter? What would be the charge?

rb23lb 12-16-2007 09:22 PM

picked mine up late october, paid invoice for fully loaded c350...

negotiated extensively with a high volume dealer.... it is definitely possible... make sure you ise internet fleet sales...never walk in to dealership to buy car... do all negotiating through email and refuse all of their attempts to contact you through the phone...

it works, trust me

benzorAjag? 12-16-2007 11:38 PM

Dont get the W204 now, let everyone else take the depreciation hit first. Then pick one up in 2009 in the 20's. Buy used. Best way to save your money.

chilledbenz 12-17-2007 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ecin (Post 1752590)

Not sure what forum your reading, but no one has gotten $5000 off M.S.R.P. on this board (or at least posted that they did). I find it hard to believe anyone is getting that much off and if they are I want proof, cause thats a pretty far fetched figure. The normal discount on the board had been $1,500 to $2,000 for a $40k car. You don't mention if your in the states or another country, but in the states a fully loaded C350 is $43k.

As for ordering a car. I waited two months as well, depends on your options. When they first came out the Multi Media package and the 18'' AMG wheels were holding up orders, now it looks like the pano roof is holding up orders.

For the best deal its better to take a car thats sitting on a dealers lot. They are more motivated to move something thats costing them money than to offer money off something thats not theirs. It shouldn't be hard to find a fully loaded C350 on a lot, just might have to compromise on color for a better price.

benzorAjag? 12-17-2007 12:55 AM

The only way guys you will be able to get 15K off the MSRP is buying used in 2009. Why take a huge depreciation hit on a C-Class. In my opinion its not worth it buying brand new. You get the best deal buying used. This car would be like 23K-27K in 2 years from now.