MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Rebirth of the US market C-Wagon? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/184204-rebirth-us-market-c-wagon.html)

myfirstbenz 03-03-2007 05:29 PM

Rebirth of the US market C-Wagon?

I am die-hard Benz, but WTF is with the model options they send our way. I was bummbed that the coupe then wagons went the way of the dodo bird recently. I am curious to know if people have heard if the w204 wagon is coming our way?:nix: If they brought that here in diesel form, i think i would creme my pants.:zoom: I'd gladly sell the ol TE for the w204 wagon.

ayilar 03-03-2007 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by myfirstbenz (Post 2054798)
I was bummed that the coupe then wagons went the way of the dodo bird recently. I am curious to know if people have heard if the w204 wagon is coming our way?

Unlikely for the wagon, according to AutoWeek. Too bad, as the W204 wagon would be a perfect replacement for the Passat this year or next.

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...73273880508272

myfirstbenz 03-03-2007 10:53 PM

:nonono:

Outland 03-15-2007 10:30 PM

Just add it to your sig now...MBUSA sucks.

boylston 03-17-2007 06:19 PM

I am disappointed to learn that the wagon won't make it to our shores. I loved my C240 4-matic wagon. I replaced it with a BMW, Mercedes' loss.

mlrtime3 02-24-2008 07:26 PM

I would put a deposit down on a C-Class CDI wagon today.

CarGuru 02-24-2008 07:44 PM

Yeah MB hates the US, they send us a bunch of cars we hate R-Class, GLK-Class. The wife and I already talked about trading our C300 sedan for a wagon W204 if it came, but looks like we will have to look elsewhere as our family grows. GLK will not work, if I wanted a 2007 Highlander I would get one from Toyota.

-Ryan

Savage c-300 02-24-2008 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by CarGuru (Post 2671931)
Yeah MB hates the US, they send us a bunch of cars we hate R-Class, GLK-Class. The wife and I already talked about trading our C300 sedan for a wagon W204 if it came, but looks like we will have to look elsewhere as our family grows. GLK will not work, if I wanted a 2007 Highlander I would get one from Toyota.

-Ryan

+1 :ditto::rolf:

chilledbenz 02-24-2008 11:16 PM

The GLK street version..town version..what ever the heck they are calling it this week will be pretty close to the estate wagon. I was pretty hard on the off road version of the GLK but the street version looks pretty nice, although I think the estate would have been a better choice. The GLK looks to cause all sorts of trouble for Benz...its essentially a C class station wagon, but the estimated prices have it pushing into M class territory for a fully loaded version. Would have made more sense to just bring the estate version here, all the work has already been done, but I guess Benz has nothing better to spend all the money it saved by not adding all the options to the current U.S. spec C class ha ha.

aowhaus 02-24-2008 11:42 PM

I absolutely love the C-class wagon but was extremely disappointed that the c-class based GLK SU will be coming to our shores instead. I personally hate SUVs (and the styling of the GLK is just ugly and too odd) and think that Mercedes has too many on their SUVs in their model line up.
The only wagon Mercedes has right now is the very aging E-class, and doesn't really have anything that is sporty or nimble enough to be a serious European sport wagon.

Audi's 2009 A4 Avant is a very beautiful wagon that has very little competition -- the BMW 3-series wagon is the nearest competition but is not that special enough to make me buy one.

It would have been a no brainer for Mercedes as it is production ready and is offered in other markets, but instead they decided to spend more money to develop a rather unrefined and adhoc SUV model to suit the American hunger for SUVs.

PoaMike 02-24-2008 11:47 PM

Well look at it from their point. Look at all the SUV's americans drive. Honstly I agree with you all tho I hate wagons but I despise suv's even more. Im not shur if the numbers are true or not but it seems to me that I see more "Newer" MB suvs then I see of their cars... My 2cents, please tell me if im right?

wmhjr 02-25-2008 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by PoaMike (Post 2672311)
Well look at it from their point. Look at all the SUV's americans drive. Honstly I agree with you all tho I hate wagons but I despise suv's even more. Im not shur if the numbers are true or not but it seems to me that I see more "Newer" MB suvs then I see of their cars... My 2cents, please tell me if im right?

I don't. I see far more of their cars.

PoaMike 02-25-2008 12:35 PM

Maybe Im just looking at all of the soccer moms :D

QQQ 02-25-2008 01:09 PM

Wagons have limited success here and I hope they bring the estate. Audi B9 wagon is nice and comes with nice options (lane departure, blind spot, adaptive cruise control) at least in Europe, but MB has an auto close tailgate and my wife is 5-1 so if it comes this way MB is still my preferred choice.

Untertürkheim 02-26-2008 03:23 AM

[QUOTE=aowhaus;2672299]
1. I personally hate SUVs

2.The only wagon Mercedes has right now is the very aging E-class, and doesn't really have anything that is sporty or nimble enough to be a serious European sport wagon.
QUOTE]

1. +1!

2. Remember there are two E wagons, E350S4 and E63 AMG. The latter is not just sporty, but the sportiest.

Look at the history of wagons in the US though. There were 500 and 320 S211's available with and without 4Matic available in the US until just recently, and 320 and 240 S203 wagons also with or without 4Matic until just recently. The 500 S211 was dropped for the us market due to lack of interest, since the 350 engine has nearly as much power. And the S203s were a flop in terms of sales. Prices for these cars in the US are simply too low to allow for as much flexibility in terms of model offerings. Since US buyers generally buy off the lot (instead of ordering like the rest of the world) dealers only want to stock what sells, and slow models increase inventory costs, which the current exchange rate does not allow for.