MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   How dissapointing.... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/186754-how-dissapointing.html)

pitlia3a 03-21-2007 08:18 PM

How dissapointing....

I would like to convey my utter dismay at the new C-Class. Without having looked at in the flesh (not that it would make a difference) the car looks awful! This constant cost cutting by these so called premium brand manufacturers is ruining I believe their reputation and pushing others further up, namely Audi which still produces top quality cars.

Mercedes wake up...
No body likes I-drive!
Why change the dash in the new S and Cl to resemble the 7-series?
There is nothing wrong with CLK; E-Class; ML and GL; previous C-Class. Why not stick with that.

I will always have true loyalty to Mercedes Benz but only until they don't completely stuff it up!

MikeRPA 03-22-2007 01:18 AM

ok the new c class with amg package looks much better then the 203 and the cl and s class has proabbly the best looking and top quality interiors , and audi is a piece of **** cars , and nobody likes them .

mick1 03-22-2007 01:37 AM

i hope there are more people who are disappointed with the design of the W204 enough that they would buy other brands so when I get mine, I won't see other W204 everywhere I go :)

mrcknievel 03-22-2007 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by pitlia3a (Post 2092805)
I would like to convey my utter dismay at the new C-Class. Without having looked at in the flesh (not that it would make a difference) the car looks awful! This constant cost cutting by these so called premium brand manufacturers is ruining I believe their reputation and pushing others further up, namely Audi which still produces top quality cars.

Mercedes wake up...
No body likes I-drive!
Why change the dash in the new S and Cl to resemble the 7-series?
There is nothing wrong with CLK; E-Class; ML and GL; previous C-Class. Why not stick with that.

I will always have true loyalty to Mercedes Benz but only until they don't completely stuff it up!

I can't believe you registered to call Audi the paragon of quality, berate Mercedes for how much BMW's iDrive sucks, and ponder why a company would change a 7 year old body style when all of their rivals have released updated models in the same segment.

I can't believe I registered JUST to use my first post...to call your first post very, very dumb.

sanf 03-22-2007 04:04 PM

it will be all over the streets.. just like how no one liked the w203 when it 1st came out. but i would definitely wait 4 yrs or so. just look at 01 to 05 .. many upgrades were done to the w203.

pitlia3a 03-22-2007 07:00 PM

Fair go...

Originally Posted by mrcknievel (Post 2094710)
I can't believe you registered to call Audi the paragon of quality, berate Mercedes for how much BMW's iDrive sucks, and ponder why a company would change a 7 year old body style when all of their rivals have released updated models in the same segment.

I can't believe I registered JUST to use my first post...to call your first post very, very dumb.

In regards to Audi, I more so meant their design as opposed to quality.

Here are some quotes for you...

ctc230K-" boy was I wrong, it looks exactly like that.how sad"
14 cue-"yes, i really hat it. i don't mind the car overall (how i feel) but the interior has to go.before i purchased the c230(your car i believe) i was looking at 323 and g35.the only reason why i picked the 230 was b/c of the interior.
outland-"w204 is shaping up to be a very unattractive car"
Harry Madan thread where numerous w203 owners are canning outright the w204

We are all entitled to our opinions.

The purpose of including I-drive was because a majority of people don't like it...correct me if i'm wrong here. there is no need for it!

What I'm trying to say is that it is unfortunate but now it is all about how much money can the company make and this reflects poorly (in my opinion) in some of these new models that are coming out.

I havn't seen the w204 in the flesh, but I could pretty much guarantee it will feel like a toyota inside. Hard unattractive plastics and cost cutting to the max.

I am not saying audis are the pinnacle of quality i just think(my opinion) that they are not cost cutting and the quality of their finish and plastics is still up there...all the other mercedes models are superior of course.

new bmw are heading on the same course...new x5 built in the USA does not have that same 'quality' finish in the car as the previous x5 (mum has one).

I am not the first to highlight these deficiencies.

To call me 'dumb' is a reflection perhaps on your own dissapointment in the w204 and not wanting to believe that it is an inferior model to your c230...i know we all want to upgrade. I drive a 2004 bmw 330i and would never dream of upgrading to an e-90. they are bland depressing cars to be in!

GDawgC220 03-23-2007 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by MikeRPA (Post 2093381)
and audi is a piece of **** cars , and nobody likes them .

:rolleyes:

Spoonie 03-30-2007 05:36 PM

All cars these days are disappointing. Can you name a newly released car that isn’t disappointing?

Case and point:

The BMW 3-Series are ugly and have horrible interiors with only two plain gauges, there isn’t a temp gauge or a oil-dipstick, and they force you into the not-ready-for-prime-time super expensive run-flats tires.

The New Audi A5 is underpowered and expensive.

The New Audi S5 is overpriced and is a gas guzzler.

The new G35 has handling problems (when pushed), doesn’t offer a fold-down rear seat option as well as no sunshade option.

The Lexus IS 350 gets sloppy when pushed, has a cheap looking interior (that has everyone fooled into thinking it is top quality). You have to jump though hoops to disable the traction control (although I hear that the 07 are different).

The Acura TL is FWD, enough said.

I’m in the process of buying a new car but every car that I’m looking at is loaded with disappointing compromises.

Outland 04-09-2007 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Spoonie (Post 2110859)
All cars these days are disappointing. Can you name a newly released car that isn’t disappointing?

Case and point:

The BMW 3-Series are ugly and have horrible interiors with only two plain gauges, there isn’t a temp gauge or a oil-dipstick, and they force you into the not-ready-for-prime-time super expensive run-flats tires.

The New Audi A5 is underpowered and expensive.

The New Audi S5 is overpriced and is a gas guzzler.

The new G35 has handling problems (when pushed), doesn’t offer a fold-down rear seat option as well as no sunshade option.

The Lexus IS 350 gets sloppy when pushed, has a cheap looking interior (that has everyone fooled into thinking it is top quality). You have to jump though hoops to disable the traction control (although I hear that the 07 are different).

The Acura TL is FWD, enough said.

I’m in the process of buying a new car but every car that I’m looking at is loaded with disappointing compromises.

Wow... Youre really a glass half full kinda guy:confused:

W204 blows.

Spoonie 04-10-2007 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Outland (Post 2131013)
Wow... Youre really a glass half full kinda guy:confused:

W204 blows.

I'll admit the W204 isn't on my shortlist. Can you make a recommendation to me? purchasing a car these days consists of finding the car with the least faults. It wasn't always like that.

pmb600 04-10-2007 11:54 AM

I got to see the W204 in person last week at the NY Auto show, it really does look much better in person. I was not able to sit inside though which was disappointing, since so many of my reservations focus on the interior.

ismeto 04-10-2007 05:23 PM

Not everyone !

I am not disappointed !

Outland 04-12-2007 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Spoonie (Post 2131538)
I'll admit the W204 isn't on my shortlist. Can you make a recommendation to me? purchasing a car these days consists of finding the car with the least faults. It wasn't always like that.

If I were going to pop for a new ride right now...it would be the Saturn Sky Turbo- as fast as the SLK350, far better looking, and 20K less expensive.

I love the styling, it handles great, and goes like stink...what's not to love. Plus, its a Saturn- which means 100K warranty and no taking **** from the dealer like at MB, Acura, Audi or BMW.
http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/ima...70416317451027

pkancel 06-07-2007 04:56 AM

Saturn, are you kidding. Yeah its 20k less than the SLK and if its the Redline version then its 260HP, but whether its the Saturn or the Pontiac, they are both GM vehicles, American made.

I hate to say it because I am American, born and raised, but I have had 40+ cars in my life, seriously. Initially started out buying all Chevy, but then switched to Ford after getting burned by constant problems with my Chevy and the problems at that time, just so happen to not be covered under warranty. When I switched to Ford, had the same damn problems.

When I took my car in for service, they took their sweet ass time fixing it and I cant tell you how many times, with Ford and GM, I had to go back and have it corrected again because the first one or two attempts was short lived.

I am 42 now and I learned a valuable lesson years ago. I wanted to be patriotic and support my own country's automakers, but they screwed me and took mine money and time with constant car problems. It didnt matter if the car was bought brand new or used. The same result.

In the early 90s, I bought an Infinity. I had almost no problems at all and I got a loner car when I needed any service, including oil changes. Additionally any time I had their loaner car, they seemed to get my car done quicker than any Chevy or Ford service I had, plus rarely if ever, did I have to go back to correct the same problem.

Mid 90s I tried VW, then BMW, then Porsche and Mercedes. I realized at that time I was a German car guy and I have been ever since, but the Infinity group and even some American cars today are pretty sharp and really give German cars some competition, especially when the price is hard to beat. For now we have a 06 ML350, 03 E500 and 06 Boxster and while the new C-class is looking like it will replace the Boxster soon, I keep looking at other cars to see if its time to get out of my box and try something else.

AsianML 06-07-2007 08:56 AM

Has the OP even tried using the Comand controller? :crazy:

ruykava 06-10-2007 09:11 PM

Pitlia3a:
Without having looked at in the flesh (not that it would make a difference) the car looks awful!
look at it in the flesh, look at it again one month later, then make comments with such conviction :D if there's one thing i learnt about car reviewing, it is that photographs are seldom accurate.

ZedStyle 06-10-2007 11:06 PM

Without having looked at in the flesh...

everything after that was just 'blah blah blah'

did the clk, ml, or gl even exist 10 years ago? have you seen how much the c class and e class have changed in the last decade? if mercedes didn't change or introduce new cars, you and i would be their only customers, and i doubt that would be very cost effective for them.
if you don't like the car, which you haven't even seen yet, then hit craigslist and pick up a 190e, or post in the dozen or so other threads already started about this same thing...
i wasnt sure about the car in the beginning, but now i think it's hot. it's a true 'baby benz', looks like its bigger brothers but for those on a budget. it will sell well.

AsianML 06-11-2007 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by ZedStyle (Post 2262320)
everything after that was just 'blah blah blah'

did the clk, ml, or gl even exist 10 years ago? have you seen how much the c class and e class have changed in the last decade? if mercedes didn't change or introduce new cars, you and i would be their only customers, and i doubt that would be very cost effective for them.
if you don't like the car, which you haven't even seen yet, then hit craigslist and pick up a 190e, or post in the dozen or so other threads already started about this same thing...
i wasnt sure about the car in the beginning, but now i think it's hot. it's a true 'baby benz', looks like its bigger brothers but for those on a budget. it will sell well.

The CLK and ML existed 10 years ago.

AR.Shah 06-12-2007 12:02 AM

You have to see it in person.. The car is great, actually without the sportspackage, it looks like a baby S-class jewel :) I've just changed my order to include the panorama roof too (I have beige leather, obsidianblack, walnut wood interior, command with dvd-changer, parktronic, multispoke 17" alloys etc etc.)

This car will be kicking ass and that Ingolstadt toy Audi A4 will remain a car for the tasteless wannabees who think they're buying a competitor to the Mercedes :rolf: :rolf: Audi will remain a Volkswagen product and is just an oversized Golf. Perhaps that suits your taste better, go get it!

DaCeptak0n 06-12-2007 09:58 AM

To be frank, I never liked the C-Class and thought it was a waste of a model for Mercedes-Benz. Having looked at the new C350 w/AMG package, it has grown on me so much that I may get rid of my G35 Coupe to jump into this, but let me see it in the flesh first.

WHen's the release date? I heard Ray Catena was having it soon

ZedStyle 06-12-2007 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML (Post 2264446)
The CLK and ML existed 10 years ago.

barely.

but i'm glad you got the point i was trying to make. not.

Carl Lassiter 06-12-2007 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by AR.Shah (Post 2264763)
This car will be kicking ass and that Ingolstadt toy Audi A4 will remain a car for the tasteless wannabees who think they're buying a competitor to the Mercedes :rolf: :rolf: Audi will remain a Volkswagen product and is just an oversized Golf. Perhaps that suits your taste better, go get it!

You're a total moron. I could call a Mercedes a Chrysler but that would make me as clueless as you. Audis are quality cars for those who value understatement. I have been assured I'm first on the list at my dealers for next year's RS6 and have no doubts about handing over a cheque for $100k.

Mercs are very nice too, and other informed members of this board realize that the choice between Audi, BMW and Mercedes is one of personal preference.

alchang32 06-13-2007 02:12 AM

[QUOTE=Carl Lassiter;2266844]You're a total moron. I could call a Mercedes a Chrysler but that would make me as clueless as you.

Mercedes sold chrysler...

GDawgC220 06-13-2007 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=alchang32;2267011]

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter (Post 2266844)
You're a total moron. I could call a Mercedes a Chrysler but that would make me as clueless as you.

Mercedes sold chrysler...

Not 100%...they still have a part in Chrysler, somewhere around 20%.

AsianML 06-13-2007 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ZedStyle (Post 2266467)
barely.

but i'm glad you got the point i was trying to make. not.

I got the point, just pointing out the little mistake.