C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Another test drive of a c300 sport

Old 07-27-2007, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another test drive of a c300 sport

In light gray, fully loaded. The car has been at the dealer for a week and has been driven in.

The outside was beautiful and very well done. The front end is amazing, love at first site. The rear end is not as bad the more I looked at it. The saleslady was telling us about features that made it women friendly, ie., large doorhandles for ladies rings, and seatbelt metal buckle that won't burn, either the material or placed far back. My dad was having a great conversation about German engineering and the car with the saleslady. We all were impressed. They did a great job on the design.

I liked how the trunk popped up, and there was plenty of room in the backseat with great headroom. The door handles being so low inside the door handle was very odd and felt strange opening the door. The command was a very cool feature, but didn't really care knowing about it as I was driving, but did play with it.

I had zero complaints with the interior and thought it had great fit and finish and material quality. I don't mind the all black interior with chrome accents, it makes it sporty and classy. I prefer the lower dash and cowl and angles of the dash and door. The seating position was perfect. Plenty of room up front like the 3 series, and unlike the Audi A4 in which I felt squished. I think the complaints are more visual perception as the amount of black in the middle needs trim or aluminum to break the top and bottom, as my dad also noticed.

First thing I noticed when driving out was the steering. It felt light and overboosted, but is very precise and tightens as you drive. The chassis is taut and feels more agile because of the more rigid structure and bumps were well isolated as well as the exterior noise. It was fairly fun to drive and very refined, but it was not the scalpel drive of the 3 series which is to me still the king of driving fun. I could easily drive this C class and not be disapointed though. The car got a lot of looks and I imagine would make you feel like a million bucks.

The handling was excellent and held it's own. It sported the amg 18" wheels. I took tight corners and can't imagine getting this car out of control too easy.

The engine had good pickup but didn't feel fast, just smooth, but no problem gaining speed when getting on it - I'm sure similar to the c280? Aftermarket should be fun. I was happy overall with the speed.

I don't think I would pay near 40 grand for this car. Maybe 35 or less. I plan on getting a car soon and my other choice is the Audi A3, which I love. The Audi is definitely a more firmer drive which may get old fast. But feels very agile and sporty with the nice hatchback design and great looks. The steering feels overly boosted than the benz, maybe even more so, but feels faster and is. The gas mileage is also superior and the interior is similar to the Benz. So I maybe have to have a longer drive in both cars.

Overall it was nice to finally drive the car in all it's new glory. The shipment should be coming in the in the middle of August. I would really like the agility pkg. and can't wait for more to come in. Kudos to Benz.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for W204 Facelift
Thank you for Review !

How about 7 Speed Automatic Transmission (named 7 G-Tronic) ? How is its passing gear ratio ?

More difference between 5 speed (W203) and 7 speed(W204) ? Feel Difference ? (if you drove W203 before)

and What should you wait in the facelift time for W204 (like interior, rear etc)

My Auto Gear (7 spped ) questions for All one who droved Test car -C300-350- in the USA ? I did not your ask and write your review thread ?