MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Worried about the 7inch motorized screen (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/205417-worried-about-7inch-motorized-screen.html)

livestrongONe 08-11-2007 08:08 AM

Worried about the 7inch motorized screen

As you know anything that has to move up and down and that is motorized will eventully have wear and tear on it. I am worried if I get the multimedia package I will be at the dealer fixing it eventully and not telling how much thats going to cost. What are your thoughts fellow memebers.

Z O O R O P A 08-11-2007 08:36 AM

I think it is so cool and kick ass looking and sounding who cares if it eventually breaks. I have a pro logic system that has many moving parts that has never broken. MB doesn't make the sound system as far as I know but even if they do, it is well worth it for all the right reasons

Glasgow Gold 08-11-2007 10:49 AM

You're probably right but the same could be said about the entire car.

First year model, lots of electronics and MB quality gremlins have had "7 years of development" to find stuff to break. :D

Wouldn't let it affect which options you choose - stuff will require fixing.

Shake 08-11-2007 11:17 AM

i don't think it should be a problem unless you have small kids playing with it

AsianML 08-11-2007 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by livestrongONe (Post 2363784)
As you know anything that has to move up and down and that is motorized will eventully have wear and tear on it. I am worried if I get the multimedia package I will be at the dealer fixing it eventully and not telling how much thats going to cost. What are your thoughts fellow memebers.

How long have the power seats lasted? How long have the window motors lasted? How long have the motors in the Comand screen lasted?

Don't worry.

Txhurdle 08-11-2007 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by AsianML (Post 2363896)
How long have the power seats lasted? How long have the window motors lasted? How long have the motors in the Comand screen lasted?

Don't worry.

Exactly. Also, the car has been out 1 week in America. Not gonna have to worry about anything for 3 yrs, 51 weeks - 50k miles.

livestrongONe 08-11-2007 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML (Post 2363896)

Don't worry.

ok one problem with this answer is .How many times do u move your windows up and down and your seat. The 7 inch screen moves up and down everytime u get in the car and tilt it depending the sun where the sun hits it. I know its a cool package but I guess we will see the board as time goes by right.

Jewelz0376 08-11-2007 03:05 PM

Back in 2000 I had an infiniti i30t that had a motorized screen that popped up when the car was turned on just like this (and I loved it!). I had the car for 4 years before I traded it in for my 330i and never had one problem with the screen. I know it's a different company and a different car, but it might give you a little piece of mind.

AsianML 08-11-2007 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by livestrongONe (Post 2364087)
ok one problem with this answer is .How many times do u move your windows up and down and your seat. The 7 inch screen moves up and down everytime u get in the car and tilt it depending the sun where the sun hits it. I know its a cool package but I guess we will see the board as time goes by right.

I move them all the time as my mom, dad, and I all have different driving positions.

RENNTECH 08-28-2007 05:42 PM

Optional Screen With Package Is Soooooooooo Worth It Go For It All The Way Germany Has Had This Out For Long Enough To Work The Kinks Out The 163 And 211 Problems At Release Are A Thing Of The Past No Worries Nemore

QQQ 08-28-2007 05:57 PM

Recall when I bought my current ride I asked the salesman how reliable is the rain sensor and what if it breaks. At the end I said what the heck if it broke then I just fall back on a normal wiper function with no rain sensor.

So don't worry. By the time it breaks you probably get your $$$ worth enjoying the goodies.

oblu 08-28-2007 05:57 PM

Does any one else question what the point of the screen folding away is?

zakklp 08-28-2007 07:54 PM

Will the system work with the screen folded down? I know that defeats the idea of the screen but if I just want to play a cd, will it work in the down position?:nix:

stephensong 08-28-2007 08:02 PM

In my '05 C230 which I purchased August 1, 2005, I have had the H/K head unit replaced 4 times all under warranty. It has now lasted for almost a year without a problem. My Z4 had a problem with the power roof not working within the first 200 miles fixed under warranty. These are machines and sh*t happens but when you purchase new you are not out of pocket for the fix.

stealtheo 08-29-2007 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by zakklp (Post 2387746)
Will the system work with the screen folded down? I know that defeats the idea of the screen but if I just want to play a cd, will it work in the down position?:nix:

Yes, Will continue to play if you fold away the screen

stealtheo 08-29-2007 02:53 AM

Flip Display

http://www.fischer-automotive-systems.de/en/

slammer111 08-29-2007 04:04 AM

Yikes. Fischer. They designed the cupholder on my pre-facelift W203. That thing has broken (and been replaced) 3 times in the last 4 years. Too damn complex, and the moving parts jam.

Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but yeah...

Anyways, as long as the motor breaks in the "up" position, what's the problem? :D

stealtheo 09-03-2007 01:55 PM

If you are concerned aout alway open/close, before you exit car (shut off)
turn off head unit and next start it will not auto open. It will only open when you turn it back on.