MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Will they built my c class like I ask for? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/206476-will-they-built-my-c-class-like-i-ask.html)

alexyanglaw 08-20-2007 03:56 AM

Will they built my c class like I ask for?

Hello friends, I put down $1000 deposit & ordered a my C300 sports from penske mercedez benz in California, USA about 2 weeks ago, they told me I can built the C300 sports, so when the car is here, and it will be exactly the same like I order, below is the list of my order:

2008 C300 sports

Code 775 Iridium Silver color
Code 101 Black MB-tex
Code 320 Multimedia Package
Code 427 7 speed Auto trasmission
Code 786 18inch AMG wheels

I did not order P1 or P2 package since I will fix up this car soon.

My salesman told me the car will be here exactly like I order, but I still doubt it since I never built a car with them before, so Will they built my car exactly like I ask for? or when the car is here it will comes with other extra options?

Thank you for your time

A.

MBTex 08-20-2007 10:05 AM

The car will come with what you ordered. Did you specify which interior you wanted? The sport comes in either all black or black and grey.

Everything else you wanted should be on the car. There are some out there having problems getting the 18 inch rims, but that hasn't been the case in Texas anyway (at least not yet).

Congrats on the car.

alpinweiss 08-20-2007 12:09 PM

I have ordered several cars during my lifetime, Mercedes and other German brands. The cars have always arrived exactly as I ordered.

It is really an amazing process. After giving the final approval for production, you will be able to track every step of your new Mercedes. They will first assign it a serial number, then it goes into production. Your dealer can tell you when it leaves the factory, when it leaves the port (normally Bremerhaven), on what ship it is traveling (including where it is parked on the ship), when it passes the Panamá canal, when it arrives in the USA, etc. All is handled with typical German precision.

Incredibly, the slowest part of the process is after it arrives in the US; Customs, inspections, trucking, etc.

Good luck, and happy Mercedes ownership!
:zoom:

Shake 08-20-2007 12:40 PM

Yeah, it should come as ordered. If it doesn't then you dont' have to take it.

alexyanglaw 08-20-2007 01:29 PM

Thank you all with fast reply, I really appriciate it.

I've never own a Mercedez Benz and this will be my first MB, I really want the car to be here exactly like I order since I have to wait for almost 3 months for Multimedia Package, I really dont want them to add other extra option to exceed my budget when the car is here.

Its been almost 3 weeks since I put down $1000 deposit & ordered from dealer, when will I have my final approval for production and tracking number for my order?

alpinweiss 08-20-2007 04:02 PM

Your final approval date is totally dependent on how many cars are ordered ahead of yours. Your dealership should have a better idea; it has the alloted production slots. The factory has a finite capacity.

After the final approval, you cannot make any other changes, and things start to happen fairly rapidly. In general, they will start production of your car a week or two after it has been finalized. Production will take a couple weeks, it will sit at the port (Germany) a few days, and it will be on the ship 3 to 4 weeks crossing the ocean. I am sure your car will arrive at the California port, where it will sit for some time with red-tape issues.

Do you know which plant is building your car (Sindelfingen, Bremen, etc.)? Your dealership can tell by the production coding. This will also determine the waiting time. It may be routed to the plant with the least backlog.
:zoom:

TEAShea 08-21-2007 01:05 PM

Order

Your dealer should give you a printout of the complete order for the car. It will show all of the options and give you the status.

TEAShea
from Nebraska