MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   What are the oil change intervals??? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/209130-what-oil-change-intervals.html)

PUMes 09-09-2007 01:50 PM

What are the oil change intervals???

The E90 boys ***** about the long oil change intervals on theiri cars and how it will effect long term reliability/durability in the long term, when in truth no one knows. What are the oil change intervals for the W204???

Txhurdle 09-10-2007 01:29 PM

Every 13k miles

e1000 09-10-2007 02:11 PM

13.5K miles or 1yr, whichever comes first

RLE 09-10-2007 05:39 PM

Oil change interval

<<13.5K miles or 1yr, whichever comes first>>

Using Mobil 1 5W40 Extended Performance and a genuine MB fleece filter.

MBTex 09-10-2007 06:55 PM

On a related subject, for those who already have their cars (or otherwise know), what are the service intervals? What are we looking at $$$-wise for the various services?

amdeutsch 09-10-2007 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2405004)
On a related subject, for those who already have their cars (or otherwise know), what are the service intervals? What are we looking at $$$-wise for the various services?

You already suspect that someone has put that many miles on their car to have actual pricing? :slap:

Estimates can be had from your SA.

RLE 09-10-2007 07:03 PM

Service cost

<<On a related subject, for those who already have their cars (or otherwise know), what are the service intervals? What are we looking at $$$-wise for the various services?>>

The dealer is never going to see my car for routine service now that I have to pay them. I've been changing my own oil for a long time using my Topsider (sucking it out the dipstick tube and yes, it gets it ALL out) and changing the cabin air and engine intake filters, purchased in the aftermarket. What I do pay for is brake fluid, coolant and fuel filter changes on schedule.

MBTex 09-10-2007 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch (Post 2405021)
You already suspect that someone has put that many miles on their car to have actual pricing? :slap:

Estimates can be had from your SA.

No, but I do suspect someone has the owner's manual with the regular service recommendations and could give an estimate of the service cost from past experience with other MB's.

My dealer doesn't have the manual and is having to mail them out to individual buyers when they arrive.

AsianML 09-10-2007 07:13 PM

Service intervals were already given the first two replies (if the C system is the same as the other models).

MBTex 09-10-2007 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML (Post 2405043)
Service intervals were already given the first two replies (if the C system is the same as the other models).

OK. I was under the impression those were the oil change intervals because of the name of the thread.

Didn't realize the car needed complete servicing every 13.5K as well.

AsianML 09-10-2007 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2405049)
OK. I was under the impression those were the oil change intervals because of the name of the thread.

Didn't realize the car needed complete servicing every 13.5K as well.

If you do a search for services on other models, they're mostly "checks" in addition to the oil change and a few other things.

MBTex 09-10-2007 07:45 PM

OK, thanks. I have searched the W203 board an had heard of an A service and B service. Just wanted to know if there was anything new in the W204 that is not in the W203 and figured some new owners out there might have some personal knowledge of it that I haven't been able to get yet.

AsianML 09-10-2007 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2405097)
OK, thanks. I have searched the W203 board an had heard of an A service and B service. Just wanted to know if there was anything new in the W204 that is not in the W203 and figured some new owners out there might have some personal knowledge of it that I haven't been able to get yet.

I looked back at your post about the manuals. So do buyers not have the manual for a little bit until the dealer can get them and send them out? Wow.

MBTex 09-10-2007 08:36 PM

Not at my dealership. They say they'll get them in by end of Sept and will be mailing them to those that have already taken delivery of their W204.

Peyton 09-10-2007 08:55 PM

Thats nuts. Its like they didn't expect to sell many of them. Or they are trying to have demand high by not having them readily available. Bad move I think, I'm sure some people will just pass this car up for the IS and 3er because they're selling those cars at mad discounts right now.

MBTex looks like you and I have a long ways to go...stinks doesn't it? At least its almost mid-september

MBTex 09-11-2007 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Peyton (Post 2405235)
Thats nuts. Its like they didn't expect to sell many of them. Or they are trying to have demand high by not having them readily available. Bad move I think, I'm sure some people will just pass this car up for the IS and 3er because they're selling those cars at mad discounts right now.

MBTex looks like you and I have a long ways to go...stinks doesn't it? At least its almost mid-september

Well apparently they did receive a few with the first real batch of cars, but not enough.

We are in the same boat. At least I finally got my build date...Sept 25. Delivery 5 weeks after...end of Oct.

It does stink...daddy wants his car.

Peyton 09-11-2007 03:06 PM

HA! Well at least you have the build date! I suppose you just got that, which means I should get mine semi soon...seems like they give you a date 10-15 days out so...

thanks for the info...I need a new pair of shoes :-P

MBTex 09-11-2007 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Peyton (Post 2406281)
HA! Well at least you have the build date! I suppose you just got that, which means I should get mine semi soon...seems like they give you a date 10-15 days out so...

thanks for the info...I need a new pair of shoes :-P

I went to the dealer on Saturday to find out what the status was on my car and he said he just got the build date. I will say that he told me about 10 weeks when I placed the order and it looks like he will be right on the money with that estimate. It's been 3 weeks now, will be built in 2 weeks, and will take 5 weeks to get here.

He says he'll let me know when it is on the boat....

Dema 09-11-2007 03:26 PM

My E class has FSS system which tells abut when and waht have to be serviced in the car. I believe C class has something similar. Car manual should also have service notes.

stephensong 09-11-2007 07:42 PM

No manuals? Where did you buy your cars? I received my manuals and everything that you would expect when taking delivery of a new vehicle.

RLE 09-11-2007 07:58 PM

FSS no mo

<<My E class has FSS system which tells about when and what have to be serviced in the car. I believe C class has something similar. Car manual should also have service notes.>>

FSS is gone. The new C does not have it. In fact, no new model has it. Anyway, all the FSS readout said was A or B service coming up at which point the wheels are counted and some washer fluid was added. And the bill made out which was the most important part of it. And the oil & filter changed every 10K miles.

RLE 09-11-2007 07:59 PM

FSS no mo

<<My E class has FSS system which tells about when and what have to be serviced in the car. I believe C class has something similar. Car manual should also have service notes.>>

FSS is gone. The new C will not have it. In fact, no new model has it. Anyway, all the FSS readout said was A or B service coming up at which point the wheels are counted and some washer fluid was added. And the bill made out which was the most important part of it. And the oil & filter changed every 10K miles.

MBTex 09-11-2007 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by stephensong (Post 2406678)
No manuals? Where did you buy your cars? I received my manuals and everything that you would expect when taking delivery of a new vehicle.

I haven't received my car yet, but imagine I will have everything in it. I was speaking about my dealership not having any to "give out" because they hadn't received enough from MBUSA and were giving all they had to those who had already received their cars.

AsianML 09-11-2007 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 2406702)

FSS is gone. The new C will not have it. In fact, no new model has it. Anyway, all the FSS readout said was A or B service coming up at which point the wheels are counted and some washer fluid was added. And the bill made out which was the most important part of it. And the oil & filter changed every 10K miles.

They call it the Maintenance Minder System or something like that.