MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Setting up Garage door feat & Bluetooth? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/209336-setting-up-garage-door-feat-bluetooth.html)

CarGuru 09-10-2007 11:07 PM

Setting up Garage door feat & Bluetooth?

I’ve read, and read the manual.. And am having difficulty setting up my cars Bluetooth and the garage door feature, anyone else get theirs to work?

I’ve got a basic sprint C/P and for some reason my C300 keeps reading “Unsuccessful” whenever I try to set the B/T feature. It keeps asking for a “Passcode” is this a number somewhere in the owner’s manual, VIN or some other place? When I set up my hands free earpiece it had it’s own Passcode, leading me to think the car has it’s own?

And the garage door opener, our house is eight months old, so the opener is a newer model, I know nothing about these other then the brand is a “Legacy” ??? at any rate, I followed everything in the C300 manual to a “Tee” but the garage doesn’t open or close when pressing the buttons under the mirror. Anyone else with this trouble?

Sorry I’m just confused, MB has been no help as has Sprint to no surprise.

-Ryan

got_thang? 09-10-2007 11:18 PM

Haha on bluetooth

Press "TEL"
Select the "Tel" tab
Select "Phone List" option
Select "Update"
A screen that state "Searching for Bluetooth Phones(Max.15)" will pop up
when it done searching it should pop up with your phone name, and ask you for a "Passcode" so you make one up.
Your phone should pop up with a screen that ask you if you want to connect to the car's bluetooth accept and enter the pin that you entered on the car.
After that it should be up and running.

Homelink I can't help you with that since my garage door sensor is broken :nix:

CarGuru 09-10-2007 11:54 PM

Thanks got_thang? I will give it a try...

-Ryan

got_thang? 09-11-2007 12:31 AM

No problem let me know how it goes

genechien 09-11-2007 03:08 AM

since it's new, maybe your garage is one of those that utilize "rolling code" technology. it prevents people sitting outside your house from stealing your code when you open the garage door. if it utilizes "rolling code", then you can't program it...at least i haven't been able to do so.

GPI 09-11-2007 03:19 AM

You can still program it even though it has the "rolling code" technology. However, you have to program it using the main system in your garage and not the remote. From what I remember, you have to press the "learn" button on the main system to program it to the garage door buttons in the car. There should be guidelines in the manual. Hope this helps. :)

MBTex 09-11-2007 10:40 AM

I've got bad news for you, but Sprint phones don't work with the MM. I heard rumors that my Palm Treo 700wx on Sprint wouldn't work and went in to specifically inquire about it.

Was told that the MB Bluetooth works on most phones on most networks, but not Sprint. They blamed it on Sprint not cooperating with them on it. I don't know who's fault it is, but I am now considering switching cell providers.

There probably is some way to alter the phone or the MM to get it to work, so let me know if you have some success.

MBTex 09-11-2007 10:41 AM

As for the garage door...I had one of those in my Acura and could never get it to work either.

We'll see how this one goes when it gets here.

Txhurdle 09-11-2007 01:19 PM

Hold the outter two buttons in for 20 sec's to clear anything in the memory. after 20 sec's the light will blink to tell you memory has been cleared. then hold down the button you want programmed first, and then click your garage door opener and hold it down 2nd. When the the light goes from slow blinking to fast blinking it has accepted the garage door clicker into memory.......it may take several tries before you get it to accept. With a rolling code garage door opener you then go to the garage door unit and push the red button once (you may have to get on a ladder for this). You then have 30 sec's to get back into the car a push the button you just programmed. hold it down for 2 sec's and then let go. Hold it down for another 2 sec's, then let go. And then hold it down for another 2sec's, by this time your garage door will be moving.

MBTex 09-11-2007 01:31 PM

And for his next trick.........

marakbai 09-11-2007 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2405891)
As for the garage door...I had one of those in my Acura and could never get it to work either.

We'll see how this one goes when it gets here.

Both RDX adn TSX ... none work ... that's why I'm not keen on paying for this feature with MB ...

I just use my little do-dad ... whatever, ghetto, but it works

MBTex 09-11-2007 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by marakbai (Post 2406437)
Both RDX adn TSX ... none work ... that's why I'm not keen on paying for this feature with MB ...

I just use my little do-dad ... whatever, ghetto, but it works

Yeah mine was an '03 MDX. It never worked. I even brought it to the dealer to get them to test it and they couldn't make it work. They offered to replace it, but I was getting rid of the car anyway.

The only reason why I'm getting it is because it comes with my car. Thanks to TXHurdle's directions, I hope I can make it work.

AsianML 09-11-2007 05:50 PM

TXHurdle's instructions should definitely work. I've never had a problem with getting the Homelink to work. Always right on the first try. :)

stephensong 09-11-2007 07:12 PM

http://www.mbusa.com/owners/quicktip...rogramming.jsp

Go there to set your homelink.

RLE 09-11-2007 07:40 PM

Garage door opener programming

<<...since it's new, maybe your garage is one of those that utilize "rolling code" technology. it prevents people sitting outside your house from stealing your code when you open the garage door. if it utilizes "rolling code", then you can't program it...at least i haven't been able to do so.>>

Rolling code openers have been around for years. I have two. And when my C320 was new I had difficulties programming them until I found the instructions
in another section of the owners manual.

Just keep looking, it's in there and it's very easy. You will need access to your opener's control panel and as I recall after pushing it's program button you have less than a minute to get back in the car to finish the operation.

MBTex 01-14-2008 01:05 PM

Bump....Post #9