C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

The interior looks cheap, sorry.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by Peyton
Spoonie please tell me you've driven the C350...
No, but A 265hp engine, in a 3500+ lbs vehicle isn't going to be quick enough for me. I don't need a test drive for that. Will the power be adequate? yes. Will it be mind blowing? Hell no.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:12 PM

2008 C350 Black/Black Leather, P2, 18" AMG, Pano, illuminated door sills, chrome handles, long wait
Here's the deal spoonie...

I don't know why you're on this forum...you don't like the interior, you think its cheap, you don't like the 'lack of power' and so why are you wasting our time and your time by posting endlessly on this topic? Not like we'll change you and you're certainly not changing us...and it doesn't even matter in the big picture anyway what you think about the car we like.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:14 PM

BMW 330i
Originally Posted by E55 KEV
that's why I said get an C63 AMG. Not many cars on the market with more power in a 3.5 liter V6. I had an E430 with 4.3 liter V8 and 275HP. Now this car has 7hp less for mid thirties.
When you look at it like that it does seem OK. I think I'm just spoiled by reading about the 300hp 335's, 305hp IS350's and 300hp G35s. It's only Audi and MB that are trailing behind. They need to step it up to remain competitive IMO.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 PM

BMW 330i
Here's the deal spoonie...

I don't know why you're on this forum...you don't like the interior, you think its cheap, you don't like the 'lack of power' and so why are you wasting our time and your time by posting endlessly on this topic? Not like we'll change you and you're certainly not changing us...and it doesn't even matter in the big picture anyway what you think about the car we like.
"we"? Are you the voice for everyone here? In this very thread there are folks that agree that the interior looks cheap as well as the automotive press. Why aren't we allowed to talk about it here?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:20 PM

2008 C350 Black/Black Leather, P2, 18" AMG, Pano, illuminated door sills, chrome handles, long wait
You're just wasting everyone's time. We know what we're getting into. the same 'cheap' you see can be seen as sporty and well put together. Your problem is that you get carried off on tangents and your nonsense is getting the best of me so I'm going to ignore you.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:39 PM

BMW 330i
You're just wasting everyone's time. We know what we're getting into. the same 'cheap' you see can be seen as sporty and well put together.
And some folks think that Rosanne Barr is atttactive. You ever heard of a general consensus?

Your problem is that you get carried off on tangents and your nonsense is getting the best of me so I'm going to ignore you.
My problem? As if there aren’t any folks here that doesn’t have a problem. Calling a person a "stupid fan boy", in response to a person saying that an interior looks cheap suggests serious problems IMO. Or at least a "Time-out"

I get carried of in tangents? LOL! Tangents which are initiated by the folks here.

I'm not the one that said I shouldn't have purchased the car that I have now because it once had a carryover engine. Some one else here said it. I guess it is possible to get carried away when someone says something stupid like that.

I also didn’t call any one a "stupid fan boy" or any names for that matter. There’s more but I’m not going to get into it. But I’m the one that’s spewing nonsense? Please. Funny you say nonsense because right now you are being nonsensical
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by Spoonie
Dude, you are the one that got "sad", Not me. Who called who a "stupid fanboy"? Let me answer that; you called me a "stupid fanboy". Get a clue.

Don’t think for a second that anyone believes that your original name-calling-attack was "bait". You responded directly to my post by quoting it. When someone quotes another person, out of respect for the person being quoted, they are allowed a reply. 2 college degrees didn’t teach you anything. I have 0 degrees and you don’t see me lashing out at people calling them "stupid” (unlike you). And then you attempt to justify the name calling by saying that the insult was bait. You are a piece of work.
hahhahahha look how worked up you are... exactly what i am talking about... all you little bimmer fan boys are the same
Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 PM

BMW 330i
Originally Posted by rb23lb
hahhahahha look how worked up you are... exactly what i am talking about... all you little bimmer fan boys are the same
If that's the best that you can do, then I'm not even going to waste my time, because you seem incapable of proving a point, or even having a discussion without calling people names. Learn how to handle arguments with facts and points instead of insults. Grow up.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
And some folks think that Rosanne Barr is atttactive. You ever heard of a general consensus?

My problem? As if there aren’t any folks here that doesn’t have a problem. Calling a person a "stupid fan boy", in response to a person saying that an interior looks cheap suggests serious problems IMO. Or at least a "Time-out"

I get carried of in tangents? LOL! Tangents which are initiated by the folks here.

I'm not the one that said I shouldn't have purchased the car that I have now because it once had a carryover engine. Some one else here said it. I guess it is possible to get carried away when someone says something stupid like that.

I also didn’t call any one a "stupid fan boy" or any names for that matter. There’s more but I’m not going to get into it. But I’m the one that’s spewing nonsense? Please. Funny you say nonsense because right now you are being nonsensical
wow! are you crying in this post? leave it alone, you keep whining about how you got called a name that you are!

Also, spoonie? c'mon, that is about the weakest name I have ever heard... again, typical of a little bimmer boy
Old 09-13-2007, 01:28 PM

C300 4Matic P1 18" rims
Spoon here is the Deal u own a 330i which is the same as i do i have a E46 330Ci and though i had some problems i love the car. Here is the problem with BMW in my opinion. the E92 styling sucks *** in my opinion and the interior is not much different then the C350 in quality. Yes you can get a 335i and pay about 51k which is about 7-8k more then the C350 Sport. I live in NY we have ****ty roads and tons of cops and traffic so why do i need a car that does 0-60 in 4.8 sec. The C350 Sport 0-60 of 5.8 is fine for me it keeps me in the same perfomance range as my current E46 330Ci coupe and for the same money. I buy the car for looks and a C350 in my opinion looks tons better then the E90 BMW if BMW still made the E46 330Ci i would buy another but since they dont sorry the E90 is not for me. IF i wanted all out performance i would buy a Vette.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:42 PM

BMW 330i
Originally Posted by rb23lb
wow! are you crying in this post? leave it alone, you keep whining about how you got called a name that you are!

Also, spoonie? c'mon, that is about the weakest name I have ever heard... again, typical of a little bimmer boy
How old are you? The reason why I ask is because only children act the way that you do.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:04 PM

BMW 330i
Originally Posted by S420merc
Spoon here is the Deal u own a 330i which is the same as i do i have a E46 330Ci and though i had some problems i love the car. Here is the problem with BMW in my opinion. the E92 styling sucks *** in my opinion and the interior is not much different then the C350 in quality. Yes you can get a 335i and pay about 51k which is about 7-8k more then the C350 Sport. I live in NY we have ****ty roads and tons of cops and traffic so why do i need a car that does 0-60 in 4.8 sec. The C350 Sport 0-60 of 5.8 is fine for me it keeps me in the same perfomance range as my current E46 330Ci coupe and for the same money. I buy the car for looks and a C350 in my opinion looks tons better then the E90 BMW if BMW still made the E46 330Ci i would buy another but since they dont sorry the E90 is not for me. IF i wanted all out performance i would buy a Vette.
Good post. I agree that the C350 looks better than the 335, but only externally IMO. The interior of the E90 w/nav is much better than the standard car. And I would actually prefer that interior over the C’s. I’ve had my car for quite some time now and was really looking for a step up in performance. Even though I don’t speed, it is nice having that extra power for passing or merging situations. You simply have more options available when you have more power. The C350’s power is adequate, but I wanted a little more than just adequate this time. I also don’t agree with your price assessment.

Given the choice I would choose the 335 over the C350 in a heartbeat:

I like the interior (w/nav) of the 335 better.

The 335 completely destroys the C350 in every acceleration measure. It isn’t even close. All that extra performance while getting better MPG than the C350.

When it comes down to it, I want a car that at least has something about it that makes it special. I’m afraid that the C3XX doesn’t have anything that makes them special IMO. The C brings up the rear in performance tests against the competition, and is a mid-pack performer as well (at best). It’s tempting to go to the other makes just to see what the excitement is about. The C’s looks are nice but not really a knock-out IMO.

Think about it, what does the C offer that makes it shine above the competition? Or makes it special? The C seems like a car that doesn't everything well, but not one thing extremely well. In that case there are tons of cars that can provide that. There aren’t too many cars that can provide what the 335 has to offer. That’s what makes the 335 special and the C not so special IMO.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:20 PM

C300 4Matic P1 18" rims
The Styling of the C350 inside and out i think is better then the E90 and the ride is better. If i buy a car i have to look at it every day. I dont want to look at the Exterior of the E90 ach.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:27 PM

BMW 330i
Originally Posted by S420merc
The Styling of the C350 inside and out i think is better then the E90 and the ride is better. If i buy a car i have to look at it every day. I dont want to look at the Exterior of the E90 ach.

That's fine, but I'm not really an E90 lover. I like the coupe E92. My earlier comments about the exterior of the 335 were based off the coupe. The sedan version of the 335 doesn't look as nice as the C IMO.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:29 PM

2006 Boxster
I feel the same way, except regarding the Interior. If I have to sit in a car everyday I want to feel nice, be high quality, and be comfortable. It's why I passed on the C Class.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:33 PM

C300 4Matic P1 18" rims
Well i dont know but i find the C350 Sport interior on par with the E90-E92 interior.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
It's only Audi and MB that are trailing behind. They need to step it up to remain competitive IMO.
The 2.0T will be bumped up in power, 260hp as recently released in the press from Germany. It should be state side in '08 with the release of the B8 or 2009 as an engine change. I can only imagine what the 6 cylinder version will be when it gets updated, word is 3.0 turbo in the works, ~330hp.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:00 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
I think the C300/350's interior is plain and bland...and cheap compared to its competitors. The only thing I see as an improvement (besides the more aggressive look) over the W203 is the navigation/bluetooth package. Everything used inside the car is basically the same material. Though I love the exterior look, I just don't like the interior.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Okay Spoonie, here is what is so pointless about your whining about the caryover engines. All the companies do this, this is nothing new. And then a few years into the new model they update them. When Mercedes does this, the new engines will probably spank whatever BMW has, that is how it has gone in the past.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:38 PM

BMW 330i
Originally Posted by GDawgC220
The 2.0T will be bumped up in power, 260hp as recently released in the press from Germany. It should be state side in '08 with the release of the B8 or 2009 as an engine change. I can only imagine what the 6 cylinder version will be when it gets updated, word is 3.0 turbo in the works, ~330hp.
I agree, I'm looking heavily at the 3.0tdi or the 2.0t when available. No V6 unless they add more HP.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:48 PM

BMW 330i
Originally Posted by pmb600
Okay Spoonie, here is what is so pointless about your whining about the caryover engines. All the companies do this, this is nothing new. And then a few years into the new model they update them.
While it is true that all manufacters do it. But when BMW and lexus redesigned the 330i (e90) and IS350, they were released with competely new engines. Is it too much to expect the same out of MB?

Originally Posted by pmb600
When Mercedes does this, the new engines will probably spank whatever BMW has, that is how it has gone in the past.
When did this happen? Did I miss somthing? What year did a (non-amg) C-Class spank whatever BMW has?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good post. I agree that the C350 looks better than the 335, but only externally IMO. The interior of the E90 w/nav is much better than the standard car. And I would actually prefer that interior over the C’s. I’ve had my car for quite some time now and was really looking for a step up in performance. Even though I don’t speed, it is nice having that extra power for passing or merging situations. You simply have more options available when you have more power. The C350’s power is adequate, but I wanted a little more than just adequate this time. I also don’t agree with your price assessment.

Given the choice I would choose the 335 over the C350 in a heartbeat:

I like the interior (w/nav) of the 335 better.

The 335 completely destroys the C350 in every acceleration measure. It isn’t even close. All that extra performance while getting better MPG than the C350.

When it comes down to it, I want a car that at least has something about it that makes it special. I’m afraid that the C3XX doesn’t have anything that makes them special IMO. The C brings up the rear in performance tests against the competition, and is a mid-pack performer as well (at best). It’s tempting to go to the other makes just to see what the excitement is about. The C’s looks are nice but not really a knock-out IMO.

Think about it, what does the C offer that makes it shine above the competition? Or makes it special? The C seems like a car that doesn't everything well, but not one thing extremely well. In that case there are tons of cars that can provide that. There aren’t too many cars that can provide what the 335 has to offer. That’s what makes the 335 special and the C not so special IMO.
shut the mouth fanboy nobody cares what u have to say in this MERCEDES BENZ forum
Old 09-13-2007, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
While it is true that all manufacters do it. But when BMW and lexus redesigned the 330i (e90) and IS350, they were released with competely new engines. Is it too much to expect the same out of MB?
BMW did not. When the current 3 series came out in 2006 it had the old 325 and 330 engine. It wasn't until the 2007 MY that they updated the engines. This is even worse in my opinion, because it's such a huge slap in the face to the customers that bought the car in the first year of it's production. Mercedes lets the current engines go on for a bit and then throw in the updated ones to bring some new life to the model line after it has been out for a while.

When did this happen? Did I miss somthing? What year did a (non-amg) C-Class spank whatever BMW has?
Let's see:

Even though it was only for 1 year (2006) both the C280 and the C350 had more hp than the BMW engines. Pretty much every other engine Mercedes currently has beats out BMWs. The 550, 600, 450 all come to mind.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:46 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
BMW vs......

<<Given the choice I would choose the 335 over the C350 in a heartbeat:>>

What mystifies me is why this debate even exists here. Most of us came to this forum to talk about the new C-class. It's pretty clear that you are a BMW person and so, why are you going on and on about how great they are? None of your points are going to change the minds of the MB drivers here. It's almost like the old PC vs Mac debates.

As for me, the public stigma of being seen in a BMW (or Volvo, for that matter) is something I don't care to deal with. I am well aware of the various MB models shortcomings and even so, I am buying another one. Because it suits my tastes.

I will have owned my Porsche 24 years next month and there all all kinds of cars that will "spank" it and so what, I say. It still does the job.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by RLE
<<Given the choice I would choose the 335 over the C350 in a heartbeat:>>

What mystifies me is why this debate even exists here. Most of us came to this forum to talk about the new C-class. It's pretty clear that you are a BMW person and so, why are you going on and on about how great they are? None of your points are going to change the minds of the MB drivers here. It's almost like the old PC vs Mac debates.

As for me, the public stigma of being seen in a BMW (or Volvo, for that matter) is something I don't care to deal with. I am well aware of the various MB models shortcomings and even so, I am buying another one. Because it suits my tastes.

I will have owned my Porsche 24 years next month and there all all kinds of cars that will "spank" it and so what, I say. It still does the job.
Well said.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The interior looks cheap, sorry.