MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   leg pain anybody? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/211219-leg-pain-anybody.html)

bltzkrg 09-24-2007 07:43 PM

leg pain anybody?

My wife has been complaining about leg pain now every time she drives the C300. Anybody else have this or is she alone in this?

W0n6_3d4n 09-24-2007 08:08 PM

I noticed the accelerator is a bit stiff for a Mercedes, maybe this is what caused the pain?? She'll get used to it.

mtnbenzer 09-24-2007 08:11 PM

Leg pain

I don't if this applies or not but I read where MB engineers were very specific in the owners manual about how to adjust the seats. In my 01 E-Class the manual said to adjust various seat adjustments in order. I never had any problems with back or leg pain even with 10 hrs. behind the wheel. You might check your manual again.

Germancar1 09-25-2007 12:43 AM

Sorry, but all of this is so ridiculous.

M

bltzkrg 09-25-2007 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by W0n6_3d4n (Post 2425557)
I noticed the accelerator is a bit stiff for a Mercedes, maybe this is what caused the pain?? She'll get used to it.

I noticed that as well. I've been telling her it is muscular.

bltzkrg 09-25-2007 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by mtnbenzer (Post 2425562)
I don't if this applies or not but I read where MB engineers were very specific in the owners manual about how to adjust the seats. In my 01 E-Class the manual said to adjust various seat adjustments in order. I never had any problems with back or leg pain even with 10 hrs. behind the wheel. You might check your manual again.

Thanks, I'll be sure to sit with her tonight, in the car, and review the manual.
I'l try anything now, she's talking about selling the week old car! That's a bath I don't want to take.

Funny,
I never needed a manual in the past...seems like adjusting for driving position should be one of the things you can do by the seat of your pants.

mtnbenzer 09-25-2007 09:27 AM

Seats

You would think so but in my case it had to do with getting the legs supported sufficiently before doing the other adjustments as that took the pressure off the lower back, etc. Anyway, at the time it made sense and I had read in another source, not the manual, about the engineering of the seats and the specific steps necessary for correct adjustments. I guess if you spend a career as a seat engineer you have dealt with a few orthopedic issues in your time. Another reason I became a MB fan after my first MB - but I did have to read the manual more than once.

jrct9454 09-25-2007 05:41 PM

We just finished a 4 week, 5000 mile road trip. Most days involved 8 or more hours in the car. Neither myself [6', 175] nor my wife [5'2", 105] have anything but unqualified praise for the seats in this car.

Everybody's different. It's conceivable she can't get it right for her....but that would be unusual in my experience.

MBTex 09-25-2007 06:48 PM

I would have to agree that the problem is probably the seat position. My wife had that problem in her new car (not an MB), but it went away after she tinkered with the seat position for a few weeks.

In her case the seat was so low that it didn't provide her any support so her muscle was actually sore from holder her leg up for long periods of time.