MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   The C Drive: Sat 9/22 in DC (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/211504-c-drive-sat-9-22-dc.html)

shahedC 09-26-2007 01:33 PM

The C Drive: Sat 9/22 in DC

Hey all,

I finally got to drive the 2008 C-Class Sport Sedan over the weekend.

After driving an 07 SLK for a year, you would think that I would be disappointed, but I was actually pleasantly surprised.

I went in there with lowered expectations, and I definitely like the looks and handling.

The acceleration is decent, but I'm not looking for a quick car since I already have my SLK. The brakes work well when traveling at speed, but feel a little touchy when the car is just starting out at low speeds. (Maybe it's because it's a new car that hasn't been broken in yet?)

Anyway, I ripped it up on the closed "course", and didn't hit a single cone, as I made my way around the corners.

I did honk the horn accidentally while making quick turns, so either my hands were placed wrong, or the horn is too sensitive.

My salesman at the local dealership told me that I should wait to test drive the C63 AMG next year before I buy anything, so I will definitely give it a short. In the end, I might just be getting the C350.

~shahedc

shahedC 09-27-2007 05:00 PM

Did anyone here attend the C Drive event anywhere in the US??

~shahedc

alphaforcex 09-28-2007 06:58 AM

I registered for the DC event but I didn't go. I was wondering if many people showed up? I was able to register the Friday before the event and all the time slots were still available.

Turbo2 09-28-2007 09:25 AM

I went to the DC event - really wasn't that impressed with the even at BET, FedEx field is a much better location.

The street drive was nice b/c you could actually tell how the car handled on real roads (and the horrible DC streets!). However, the fact that you had tot take a shuttle to the closed course event was a pain...for that reason I didn't even do it. I did a quick trip on the street course grabbed my goodies and then left.

Impressed with the exterior of the new C, the interior leaves a lot to be desired and my C350 that I was driving had lots of rattles!

KmanianC 09-28-2007 03:01 PM

Registered for the Miami C-Drive

I'm due to go on Saturday the 6th of October. I have test driven the 2008 C200K Avantgarde, C200K Elegance, C300 Sport and the C350 Sport and they ALL drove amazingly! I wish the US market was fortunate enough to receive the 200K. It gets nearly 30MPG and has enough torque to keep things lively!However, I haven't been able to sit in one and really play with all the features, so that is my plan for the C-Drive. After all is said and done, I have a Mars Red C350 with Black MB-Tex, P2, MM, Panorama, 18" AMGs & iPod Integration due in around October 15th! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

jaamb85 09-29-2007 12:50 AM

I'm going oct. 6 in miami... ;-}

Originally Posted by shahedC (Post 2430889)
Did anyone here attend the C Drive event anywhere in the US??

~shahedc

Dema 09-29-2007 01:08 AM

I had exact feeling after C drive in SF. It is really nice car, certainly worth an attention.

stephensong 09-29-2007 09:51 AM

Honking the horn by accident is my only complaint about this car. It is a poor placement for the horn activator (bottom of the steering wheel) quick turns = a short blast of the horn. Other than that this car is a big step above my 05' C230 K. Looks like I left DC a couple of days early.

shahedC 10-04-2007 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by alphaforcex (Post 2431909)
I registered for the DC event but I didn't go. I was wondering if many people showed up? I was able to register the Friday before the event and all the time slots were still available.

Yep, a lot of people showed. In fact, I showed up a few minutes before closing, and they were turning away latecomers at that time, but I talked my way in, so I was able to get participate.

Originally Posted by stephensong (Post 2433315)
Honking the horn by accident is my only complaint about this car. It is a poor placement for the horn activator (bottom of the steering wheel) quick turns = a short blast of the horn. ..

ok, so it's not just me then!

Originally Posted by Turbo2 (Post 2432001)
I went to the DC event - really wasn't that impressed with the even at BET, FedEx field is a much better location.

Well, there was a "parking lot" option too, similar to the Fedex field drives by Lexus.

But I agree with you. The setting was not very classy. They made you register in 1 location (at BET), then we had to wait for shuttle bus, which took us to a nearby empty parking lot, and had to endure nasty DC traffic both ways.

mkaresh 10-04-2007 01:16 PM

Interesting about the horn placement. You'd think that would have been noticed at some point when lapping the Nurburgring:)

I've found that the lower my expectations, the more I'm likely to like a car. And German cars tend to feel their best when you can push them hard. I'd like to drive the new C on a closed course.

shahedC 10-05-2007 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by mkaresh (Post 2441021)
Interesting about the horn placement. You'd think that would have been noticed at some point when lapping the Nurburgring:)

I've found that the lower my expectations, the more I'm likely to like a car. And German cars tend to feel their best when you can push them hard. I'd like to drive the new C on a closed course.

Good point. Maybe it's intentional design? :D
"Get out of my way! I'm making some crazy moves!"

It is definitely fun to drive... but I drove the car twice around the closed course, and I hit the horn both times.

In a real situation , I would never drive like that of course... as I always aim to be a safe driver. :)

~shahedc