MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Washington state c-class owners/shoppers (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/211785-washington-state-c-class-owners-shoppers.html)

Jewelz0376 09-28-2007 12:19 AM

Washington state c-class owners/shoppers

Next weekend I'm goin to drive over to the westside to go check out the mb delearships because the spokane dealership (where I live) doesn't have want I want. I'm looking for a white (300 or 350 dont matter) auto w/p2 & pano roof and I don't want to order because I don't want to wait for it to be built..

Anyways for those of you that live in washington on the west side are there any particular dealerships you recommend or salemen?? I pulled up the dealership locator and got mb of tacoma, bellevue, & lynwood...I'm also going to check out phil smart & barrier... I'll probably call all of them next week and see what they have in their inventory.. Any help anyone can give will be appreciated thnx!!

mbmb24 09-28-2007 01:02 AM

Yeah, it seems as though Phil Smart has the best inventory right now. Not only that, from my experience and that of my friends, they seem to be the most willing to work with you on pricing. Dont go to Barrier, they have horrible service and I can almost guarantee will not move right now on pricing. I have had nightmare service there along with many of my friends...

oblu 09-28-2007 01:42 AM

I just lived it. Phil Smart is the way to go. Barrier was awful to work with; the minute you tried to negotiate on anything they acted like you just spit on their mother. Plus when I was there last week, they only had 3. Phil had at least 6 that I saw on Tuesday. Lynnwood claimed to have cars when I contacted them but I never made it up there.

Didn't see a white at Phil though, but I did see a silver p2 pano.

I bought my car from Kim McMillen and she was fun to work with.

mbmb24 09-28-2007 01:47 AM

Oblu, how is the car? Do you like it? Have you owned C's in the past?

Jewelz0376 09-28-2007 05:12 AM

Ok so i'll stay away from barrier then...and check out phil smart for sure....thnx for all the info everyone keep it coming!!!

oblu 09-28-2007 12:36 PM

Nope first Benz. And I'm still waiting for the car since it was a dealer swap.

They didn't have a 300 available in the color I wanted, with 18's. So they got me the color and they're swapping 18's in from a car they had on the lot.

I don't know about you guys, but to me that's service. I've never had a dealer offer to go that far to get me what I'm looking for.

Course it's a full msrp deal too, which I've never had to settle for.

err 09-28-2007 02:00 PM

I personally think it will be tough for you to get exactly what you want, especially at this point in time.

I got my c350 earlier this week from Phil Smart Seattle, white, p2 & pano. I don't believe they have another similar one in stock now. I also regularly passes Lynnwood MB and know that they also don;'t currently have what you're looking for.

According to my phil smart sales rep, there won't be much c350 anytime soon, not sure how reliable that is ...

Honestly, I think its best for you to call ahead and ask for their inventory. call barrier, phil smart, lynnwood and fife. No need to waste your time driving from spokane to the west coast if you're not willing to wait for the car.

Good luck!

oblu 09-28-2007 02:09 PM

Oh, buddy of mine bought his E550 from the MB dealer down in Portland and really like working with them. Might give them a try too.

Jewelz0376 09-29-2007 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by err (Post 2432325)
I personally think it will be tough for you to get exactly what you want, especially at this point in time.

I got my c350 earlier this week from Phil Smart Seattle, white, p2 & pano. I don't believe they have another similar one in stock now. I also regularly passes Lynnwood MB and know that they also don;'t currently have what you're looking for.

According to my phil smart sales rep, there won't be much c350 anytime soon, not sure how reliable that is ...

Honestly, I think its best for you to call ahead and ask for their inventory. call barrier, phil smart, lynnwood and fife. No need to waste your time driving from spokane to the west coast if you're not willing to wait for the car.

Good luck!

Oh I def plan on calling next week to check out their inventory before I drive all the way over there I just wanted to get a heads up on which dealerships did some of you have the best experiences at just in case there's more than one lot that has what I'm looking...I like giving my money to dealerships that have good track records of customer service...

Originally Posted by oblu (Post 2432340)
Oh, buddy of mine bought his E550 from the MB dealer down in Portland and really like working with them. Might give them a try too.

Yup I was planning on checking the dealership in Portland too...i figure its not that much more of a drive then going to seattle

stephensong 09-29-2007 09:41 AM

I was at Portland and Wilsonville MB yesterday (first service for my 08 C350) they had no C350s and few C300s. I saw black and silver. Very small inventory. I purchased mine in VA and drove it across country to Portland, OR and am now on my way to Seattle, WA. Portland MB dealer just had its C-class kick off event about a week ago. They seem to be behind the East coast dealers. Any way For the best Sales person in Portland call Brent at 503 454 5000 tell him Gary Stephenson referred you. He is really good.

Jewelz0376 09-29-2007 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by stephensong (Post 2433304)
I was at Portland and Wilsonville MB yesterday (first service for my 08 C350) they had no C350s and few C300s. I saw black and silver. Very small inventory. I purchased mine in VA and drove it across country to Portland, OR and am now on my way to Seattle, WA. Portland MB dealer just had its C-class kick off event about a week ago. They seem to be behind the East coast dealers. Any way For the best Sales person in Portland call Brent at 503 454 5000 tell him Gary Stephenson referred you. He is really good.

Thanx!! I'll def be giving him call on Mon or Tues...I said in my org post that I was looking for a white, but I'd also get a black too. I'm basically looking for a 300 or 350 auto w/ p2 & pano in white or black....

ffejalink 09-29-2007 08:12 PM

Portland and Wilsonville are fantastic stores, but they do not like to negotiate on price. I've purchased my last 4 cars from them and have received excellent service. I have also ordered all of my vehicles instead of purchasing off of the lot, so they're not as willing to negotiate on ordered cars. As a previous posted said, I would call before wasting time driving to the various dealers. You don't need to be there in person for them to check their inventory (your local dealer should be able to see the national inventory of vehicles using NetStar).

oblu 09-30-2007 04:14 PM

My car's a dealer swap from Wilsonville btw.

stephensong 10-02-2007 11:06 PM

ffejalink you are so right, they will not discount but their service is very good and I live in Tigard which is about a 10 min drive.

jrd 10-25-2007 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jewelz0376 (Post 2433417)
Thanx!! I'll def be giving him call on Mon or Tues...I said in my org post that I was looking for a white, but I'd also get a black too. I'm basically looking for a 300 or 350 auto w/ p2 & pano in white or black....

There's a white 300 w/ p2, pano, tele-aid, 18" AMG, but manual 6-speed in Barrier bellevue. It was suppose to be my car, but I cancelled my order. The sales people/manager were being jack@sses. :bs:

Jorg 10-25-2007 04:34 PM

I have experienced that too. As soon as they have a "hot" new model on hand, they treat their customers like dirt. Then after the novelty has worn off, they beg you to buy a car from them, but the customer remembers for a long time how he was treated.

Why not work with the new customer, be friendly and give him a small discount and everybody is happy and he tells all his friends.

It does not cost a cent to friendly to a customer. Treating him poorly and they pay for it for a long time. I had hoped we were past that by now. If anybody should know what hard times feel like, it is Mercedes-Benz.

Jorg

peabers 10-25-2007 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2471531)
I have experienced that too. As soon as they have a "hot" new model on hand, they treat their customers like dirt. Then after the novelty has worn off, they beg you to buy a car from them, but the customer remembers for a long time how he was treated.

Why not work with the new customer, be friendly and give him a small discount and everybody is happy and he tells all his friends.

It does not cost a cent to friendly to a customer. Treating him poorly and they pay for it for a long time. I had hoped we were past that by now. If anybody should know what hard times feel like, it is Mercedes-Benz.

Jorg

I agree totally! :ditto:

And that's why I swore I would never buy a BMW from Town+Country. They ignored me when I went to look at the 3-ser eleven years ago, and guess what? I still remember that day! :mad: